Songs of Surrender - New album discussion - 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite telling about the status of Bono and U2's music that we genuinely feared for something that is just an April Fools.

bono writing corny songs about politicians and historical figures happens so much now that literally anything is believable at this point.

Speaking of, he’s always got the granny glasses at the ready…
View attachment 13166

This is so infuriating. He's wearing cool sunglasses right there. Yet these stupid piece of shit, John Lennon, granny glasses have lasted longer than ANY other in history. Please for the love of god, someone who cares about him, sit him down and tell him. Smash them underfoot, and explain to him. (also, no more top hats and eyeliner) For the love of GOD, 2014 was not that long ago, and he really had the right look for his age then.

The Lennon glasses look good on him, they're a timeless frame, and they've been in for a few years. They're infinitely better than the ostentatious, chunky monstrosities he used to wear.

The Lennon glasses look good on him, they're a timeless frame, and they've been in for a few years. They're infinitely better than the ostentatious, chunky monstrosities he used to wear.

No sir. Aviators from 2014 or the ones he's freaking wearing in the photo! The Lennon glasses are not timeless for him. They are Father Time for him. I agree, the No Line glasses are not to be returned to, but he could just wear Ray Ban black frames and be fine. These granny glasses are beyond ridiculous, especially after 5-6 years.

This is so infuriating. He's wearing cool sunglasses right there. Yet these stupid piece of shit, John Lennon, granny glasses have lasted longer than ANY other in history. Please for the love of god, someone who cares about him, sit him down and tell him. Smash them underfoot, and explain to him. (also, no more top hats and eyeliner) For the love of GOD, 2014 was not that long ago, and he really had the right look for his age then.

Absolutely! He looked amazing for his age in 2014! The recent (ish) peak for the band in terms of look for their age, apparent comfort in their own skin, confidence in themselves, etc, was, to me, the Invisible video and Fallon roof top performance. They really believed in SOI. The inspiration and themes behind it.

That showed throughout the campaign: releases, promo appearances and tour. Even with the back to back punches they took re: Apple debacle and Bono's bike accident. They hung right in there, picked up where they left off, and delivered arguably their best tour of the 21st century.

Every time I look back on that era, it gets more impressive. Even with the setbacks. They came back with quite a fire under them in the Spring of 2015. I was BOWLED over by the first I&E show I really listened to and the first show I attended (Boston 1, 7/10) was the best concert I've ever seen anyone do!

I think he's embracing his inner weirdo more these days, and is happy to look the part. A good thing.

Speaking of, he’s always got the granny glasses at the ready…
View attachment 13166

attachment.php

today-it-looks-like-disneyland.jpg

btw it looks like boner dyed his hair. ramp up season has begun.

IMG_7670.JPG

Posing with a chef is one way to guarantee you’re the first to get seconds…

Back
Top Bottom