Songs of Experience - 1 Year Later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Book of Your Heart is one of the Top 5 songs from either SOI and SOE. It reminds me of something they would have done around The Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree eras. I wonder if it's an older piece worked on later?

Book of Your Heart is one of the Top 5 songs from either SOI and SOE. It reminds me of something they would have done around The Unforgettable Fire/Joshua Tree eras. I wonder if it's an older piece worked on later?

Yeah I agree that it is a very good song. Very Rattle and Hum sound to it. I would definitely kick off American Soul and The Showman for it, and it would be a very cool album track.

Crystal Ballroom of course would be the replacement for me for SFS on SOI. That would be a top 4 song for me on that album.

Yeah I agree that it is a very good song. Very Rattle and Hum sound to it. I would definitely kick off American Soul and The Showman for it, and it would be a very cool album track.

Crystal Ballroom of course would be the replacement for me for SFS on SOI. That would be a top 4 song for me on that album.
While I'd definitely add Crystal Ballroom (and release it as the first single), I wouldn't kick anything off. I'd merely add Ballroom and Invisible and make the album longer.

If there's a song I'd kick off it would either be California or Every Breaking Wave, as neither song fits thematically on an album that's supposed to be the band's origin story.

You can pretend that Every Breaking Wave is just a love song and could fit, but a song about the band's first visit to California does not fit a timeline discussing the formation of the band.

Last edited:
While I'd definitely add Crystal Ballroom (and release it as the first single), I wouldn't kick anything off. I'd merely add Ballroom and Invisible and make the album longer.

If there's a song I'd kick off it would either be California or Every Breaking Wave, as neither song fits thematically on an album that's supposed to be the band's origin story.

You can pretend that Every Breaking Wave is just a love song and could fit, but a song about the band's first visit to California does not fit a timeline discussing the formation of the band.

That's how I listen to it. Laziest alt track list ever. Add Invisible as the first track and end the album with Crystal Ballroom.

:huh:

One of the more electronic-heavy and atmospheric songs on SOI/SOE, doesn't really recall the roots-based R&H to me.

I'm referring to the feel of the songs latter half. About 2:25 on, and the style of the guitar solo, and bono vocal at the end of the song. To be honest, I kinda forgot how electronic sounding the first part was. lol.

So they put out hose 72 different remixes of Summer of Love and Love is Bigger and whatnot years back, and I didn't listen to them all because really who has time for that. But the Summer of Love HP. Hoeger Rusty Egan Driftaway Mix randomly shuffle played for me and... maybe I like it better than the original? I think I might prefer if it had slipped back into the full on arrangement at the end, but the pared back orchestral focus sounds really good, RTSS vibes.

Any of the other alt mixes better? I remember thinking at the time the sci-fi soul version of Best Thing was better.

Back
Top Bottom