Songs of Ascent VI and the Half-Blood Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Blue Room was one of the highlights of the show! I don't care what the tourists think!

My biggest wish for 2010 right there.
U2, bring Your Blue Room to Europe.
The Americans didn't appreciate Popmart either.

:wink:

Hey, I lost my shit when they premiered YBR in Chicago. I'm just saying that if U2 cares about keeping a stadium show's momentum (which I think they've made obviously clear they do) ... :shrug:

I couldn't care less about what the casual fans want. But as big U2 fans, we have to be realistic and acknowledge what we want vs what the band wants. I think it's a valid point.

Hey, I lost my shit when they premiered YBR in Chicago. I'm just saying that if U2 cares about keeping a stadium show's momentum (which I think they've made obviously clear they do) ... :shrug:

When I'm in the moment, I couldn't care less about what the casual fans want. But I think it's a valid point.

At any U2 show there are thousands of people who don't actually like U2, that haven't even bought the most recent album. I REALLY would like them to spend the whole show in the bathroom and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves! :))

I don't let them affect my enjoyment of the show. Seriously - I don't care if everyone around me is standing around looking bored, arms folded across their chests. I jump around like a crazy person and dance my fool ass off.

That's worked fine for me so far. :)

people drink at concerts. sooner or later they'll have to take a piss break. it happens to me, and yes, i usually try to go during a song i'm not crazy about. i'm sure that's the way it happens at every concert of every band. there's no such thing as a flawless show. things will go wrong. not every audience member will be moved. so who cares? if u want to play a quiet, subdued song, go for it. (i'm talking to u U2)

This is why I think they won't play new material at a concert unless it has been released.

people drink at concerts. sooner or later they'll have to take a piss break. it happens to me, and yes, i usually try to go during a song i'm not crazy about. i'm sure that's the way it happens at every concert of every band. there's no such thing as a flawless show. things will go wrong. not every audience member will be moved. so who cares? if u want to play a quiet, subdued song, go for it. (i'm talking to u U2)

I've been to more than a dozen U2 shows and never been tempted to take a bathroom break during the show..... But then again I don't get drunk at them, so maybe that's it? I know you're a fan, but I couldn't even take a break during Pride!!!:huh:

Wow, you're such a super awesome diehard fan to have such a bladder of steel.

It really chaps my hide when people act like going to the bathroom during a U2 concert is like some cardinal sin. Even sober fans sometimes can need to perform basic human bodily functions, you know.

I mean, honestly.

And before you ask ... why yes, I AM the great defender of U2 fans who are also members of the Teeny Tiny Bladder Committee. ;)

Wow, you're such a super awesome diehard fan to have such a bladder of steel.

It really chaps my hide when people act like going to the bathroom during a U2 concert is like some cardinal sin. Even sober fans sometimes can need to perform basic human bodily functions, you know.

I mean, honestly.

Um.... I wasn't trying to compete with anybody..... I just can't imagine taking a break during a U2 show! :reject:

There's always at least one person around here who will clutch their pearls and gasp in horror anytime someone mentions having to take a bathroom break. I know it's difficult to comprehend that sometimes people have to pee at inconvenient times and that basic comfort outweighs enjoying a U2 concert.

Okay, sometimes outweighs. ;)

There's always at least one person around here who will clutch their pearls and gasp in horror to learn that sometimes people have to pee at inconvenient times.

Well, I actually think its a lot more common than that. I don't recall any of the people I've ever been to U2 shows with disappearing to use the bathroom or get drinks or make phone calls or do their taxes or whatever.... I think most people just watch the show. It isn't long...... But I dunno!

NOT THAT I JUDGE! Your body has its own needs! lol!

Doing their taxes? Give me a break. I know you're kidding, but you realize that peeing is a basic bodily function, right? And sometimes people have to go at inconvenient times? And some people more often than others?

I realize I'm getting unreasonably annoyed about this, but it baffles me like people are all aghast about needing to leave the stadium for three minutes while U2 playing.

Yeah, I edited, as I know I'm getting unreasonably worked up over this.

Maybe I'm just jealous of your extra-large bladder of steel.

They need to put something out before the new tour leg or seriously shake up the setlist. I understand the theme, but the show lacks sustained momentum. C'mon boys, knock this thing out of the park. :applaud:

Yeah, and I try not to drink anything, other than enough water to keep me hydrated. Surprise - everyone is different!

I realize I'm getting unreasonably annoyed about this, but it baffles me like people are all aghast about needing to leave the stadium for three minutes while U2 playing.

Responding to the time travel:

I'm not aghast, but the reason for my reaction (and I guess lots of peoples') is just imagining myself in your shoes. I'd hate to walk out for a few minutes during a U2 show. As I say, we're only talking about 2 hours, two hours which we usually spend sweating and jumping around in the first place... But as I said, I respect that your body has her own needs!

So anyway ...

Songs of Ascent! Yeah! I hope when it finally comes out, I can make it through the whole album without having to pee!

:wink:

All I know is that some drunk douchebag peed on my foot after barging his way to the second row of GA in Auckland in '05. :grumpy:

See? Leaving to pee is better than the alternative.

I've been lucky not to have to deal with any assholes at any U2 shows I've been to.

Maybe the women in front of me at the first Chicago show on this tour, who had nothing better to do than play with their iPhones and lean their heads in to shout to each other, directly blocking my view. :grumpy:

I don't understand where all the doom and gloom is coming from whatsoever. And I'm not just talking about Utoo's post, but i've seen that sentiment echoed a lot throughout this forum lately.

Didn't the Edge say that they'd be changing the tour up a bit? And how they didn't really know what they had visually with the stage or how the show would work, and now they do and are planning new visuals and new ideas around that? And how they didn't want to do the same show that they did this past year?

And hasn't it also been said multiple times that they'd be playing new material even without a release? I don't get where the notion comes that the show is going to be nearly identical to what we saw. I'm sure we'll see the No Line songs, Streets, One and With or Without you routinely - we always do. Beyond that, who knows. Maybe they'll play Mofo, since they wanted to and soundchecked it many times on Vertigo. Maybe they'll bring Discotheque/Velvet Dress back, also soundchecked many times on Vertigo with Discotheque being played twice. Maybe they'll play Drowning Man and Electrical Storm. Maybe they'll play Mercy. Maybe theyll play Every Breaking Wave.

The point is, I think this tour is pretty surprising so far. I would not have expected them to play Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm and to make Ultraviolet a staple. Ditto the Unforgettable Fire. AND they dropped Pride. And they've said they want to play new songs.

I just don't get why people aren't excited that they're willing to do that and they want to put on an even better show than they did this past year.

:up: Seems to be an overwhelming amount of negativity since the McGuinness interview. I don't get it.

And so what if they don't release anything new? I mean, I'd love them to, obviously, but they toured Vertigo for two years (with the bulk of the shows in '05, but still, they played 21 shows in '06) on only one album. If they do that again, it's not like it's going to be an automatic disaster. :huh:

So looks like U2 struck out at the Grammys (who cares) - i hope this doesnt further upset them regarding the superposed "failure" of NLOT and make them release a bunch of radio pop hits or HTDAAB 2 instead of SOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom