Songs of _________________; New album discussion #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What the heck is going on? Who knows. There's been a feeling we might get something this November. But we also know we should know better. :wink:

So what's most likely?

• Songs of a Surrender?
  • Album of new songs?
  • One-off single ala Invisible?
  • Tiesto-remix?
Anything is possible for u2 fans! Including nothing.

RE: the next new song album.. a question for the spiritual among us - what follows Surrender, and precedes Death (Ascent)? I'd put money on the album title reflecting this. Cant you just see Bono dreaming up this arc?

Songs of Innocence
Songs of Experience
Songs of Surrender
Songs of Redemption? Salvation?
Songs of Ascent

“We were all ready to announce the bloody album - even Larry was on board! - but then a curious thing happened. The Queen died and The Edge hit a songwriting vein that we would have been fools to not mine, you see…”

"We're lost in the music", "We've hit the a rich vein of songwriting".

Translation: "We're hiring Ryan Tedder to ruin our songs".

“We were all ready to announce the bloody album - even Larry was on board! - but then a curious thing happened. The Queen died and The Edge hit a songwriting vein that we would have been fools to not mine, you see…”

Oh boy. I feel an Instagram post with one of Bono’s random poorly drawn cartoons with some sort of ode to the Queen is imminent.

A few new titles from the memoir, as per U2Songs

One
Iris
Bad

Not sure we need another interpretation of One, but there you go

Wake Up Dead Ma’am

giphy.gif

Also per U2songs - Songs of Surrender announcement is likely to happen on 1 November at the book launch and is still possible for this year, though could be early next year.

Also per U2songs - Songs of Surrender announcement is likely to happen on 1 November at the book launch and is still possible for this year, though could be early next year.

That's interesting, and would be a very quick turnaround between announcement and release if it does come out on the rumoured 18 Nov 2022 date.

U2songs also says on another page that they're expecting an announcement in the next few weeks - it's clearly text from earlier in the summer and could well be out of date, but they updated that page several times to reflect new release date rumours, SoS song titles etc, presumably they would've removed that rumour if it was no longer true. Though obviously it contradicts the above.

Would think an imminent announcement would be more likely for a release this year, and a November announcement if it's pushed to early 2023?

All I'm saying is that this Songs of Surrender/Memoir nonsense is taking time away from U2 actually releasing a new album and going on tour. I'm not really interested in SOS, I just want another damned tour!!!

All I'm saying is that this Songs of Surrender/Memoir nonsense is taking time away from U2 actually releasing a new album and going on tour. I'm not really interested in SOS, I just want another damned tour!!!

Same. We get it Bono. You had a not so great relationship with your da, your mom sadly passed away at a young age, and you kind of can’t stand yourself. Can we move on yet?

Same. We get it Bono. You had a not so great relationship with your da, your mom sadly passed away at a young age, and you kind of can’t stand yourself. Can we move on yet?

We did just find out a month or so that he has a bastard that lives down the street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom