Song for Someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man-300x247.jpg

So I'm wearing pants, as far as you know.. but does the phrase 'Widow's cruse' ring any bells?

You joke, but close, Danny Boy.. so close.

So, a Widow's cruse, you've may have googled, is this biblical idea of an inexhaustible supply.

But I took a second look at this video after the O.J. parole hearing. Kind of dark, but I'll come back to that later.

So I took a close look and noticed the book is 'The Widow's Cruise' by Nicholas Blake. A whodunit and a very cool play on the name 'Blake' – i.e. William Blake, Irish author of 'Songs of Innocence and Experience'. Then googled Nicholas Blake and it turns out to be an alias for C. Day Lewis.. aka Daniel Day Lewis's father. Daniel Day Lewis – In the Name of the Father... another remarkable prison release. So clever - whoever suggested the book as a prop... it seems very central to the narrative now.

Amazon delivered the book to me out the jungle in 2 days. I made it up to the point where the woman wearing the lemon yellow dress boarded the ship.

The LSD laced puzzle pieces were starting to kick in... and then walking the circle, things got interesting. The hills of Calvary and all of that.. yes, we think we know who. But I started asking myself, "what was Woody in for?"... any ideas?

Last edited:
He's a natural born killer.

You should get yourself tested... looks like you're a genius.

I was thinking that everyone wants to go where they know your name... but there is whiskey in the jar-o and they've closed down the Blue Jaysus from what I've heard...

He was cast as 'Aaron Brown' in this video.

So Woody might be guilty of being a little higher than everyone sometimes.. and guilty of the crime now in hand as the most innocent one in a Boston bar, but why give a name to a character in short film where his name is never used?

According to Wikipedia, the “Aaron Brown” name claims to fame include a man shot and killed by police after a dine and dash with some friends, a journalist who's first day was Sept. 11, 2001 and lots of sports stars.. including an NFL running back.

And there is lots of extra credit algebra you can do there, but I think there's more to the video.. there's a cubists geometry to it. You can look at it two ways..

The character is innocent, like the boy servant to his friends in Cheers, like the son in In the Name of the Father. And the Widow's Cruise is an endless supply of hope and life that is getting him through the isolation and desolation of solitary confinement.

Or he's guilty of something – Natural Born Killer.. and the Widow's Cruise is a bottomless pit he's about to be released from, like a zoo, back out into the planet of the apes.

We know that his daughter is waiting for him.. the whereabouts of the Dragon-Lady wife/mother are unknown like a Nigel Strangeways plot.

I think O'Dells fly shade look was intentional – not looking at the inmates, just doing his job like a bad ass. The guard at the end finally lifts the shades to see the man being released. Woody himself has a mirrored pair that if he put on, you'd only see yourself.

The waving of the Irish flag tells us to look for these clues. They think they're flowers to be looked at. U2 fans have gotten big over the years. And beautiful.

And the point I think that is being driven at and this could be the night to get to it.

And this is 1 of 2 videos for this one song. The seem completely unrelated the first time you watch, but they connect with the tree and other things. The 2nd video has a man-star falling to the ground creating the cracks that grow into roots and trees. The sky cracks from east to west. Featuring Bono as a messiah coming in the clouds... or the voice of the dragon-lady in the smoke from bottomless pit. Isolation of the rock. Ending with a close encounter of some kind.

I guess the answer to the original question is “not really”.. rich men eat alone from the white bag... alone, except for the good thief, the bad thief and the block-chain ledger of reconciliation.

I'll come back to this, but let me take a step back and ask a few more questions.

When you listen to the little number “This is Where You Can Reach Me Now” do you hear the story of the Garden of Gethsemane? I imagine some yes and some no... it is a double-decker bus... and world lit up by ideas and light bulbs, and a resistance that costs until the dawn comes.

And the other thing I'm interested in – does anyone have any insight into who dreamed up the set design for the Songs of Innocence and Experience tour... I have something to say about it after watching Mr. Robot's favorite movie with him.

I guess the answer to the original question is “not really”.. rich men eat alone from the white bag... alone, except for the good thief, the bad thief and the block-chain ledger of reconciliation.

I'll come back to this, but let me take a step back and ask a few more questions.

When you listen to the little number “This is Where You Can Reach Me Now” do you hear the story of the Garden of Gethsemane? I imagine some yes and some no... it is a double-decker bus... and world lit up by ideas and light bulbs, and a resistance that costs until the dawn comes.

And the other thing I'm interested in – does anyone have any insight into who dreamed up the set design for the Songs of Innocence and Experience tour... I have something to say about it after watching Mr. Robot's favorite movie with him.

What is the tie between double decker bus and the Garden of Gethsemane?

Willie Williams is their set designer who came up with the iE set design.

I'm guessing, and if I know how Bono's imagination works, that he read the news on July 7, 2005... like he did on April 4... and many other days.

July 7, 2005 – London - a coordinated attack using subway trains and a double decker bus. Liverpool St and Edgware Road.. and one of the trains was traveling from King's Cross St. to Russel Square – with the gardens and the college. The bus had also passed through King's Cross and has an 'us and them' vibe built into the 2 levels.. bombs go off and now your world as you knew it isn't there (anymore)..

Bono conflates the data.. flips it around.. and paints by numbers the world he wants to see – which is a light somewhere underneath all of the darkness. And the resulting painting looks like a coordinated effort, using the weapon of surrender, and a trip from the garden to the king's cross. Knowing that the world would never be the same.

And that was the point with the Aaron Brown thing I'd say.. a star running back down that ol' eight lane in the ford bronco vs. someone comes running back on a white horse... O.J. is more than a drink.. look past the darkness and you can fight to find the light and not let it go out. You've read the script and the movie is playing out... this is the sign.. this is the season. This is what I'm hearing myself say. Something is getting released in October.. 'Songs of Experience' maybe..

And so Willie Williams.. same as Zoo Tv then. What I thought was really great was the encore – the yellow neon and the bright white light bars flipped up into a new configuration. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before and then it landed on me.. Back to the Future 2 – the future Hilldale. The futuristic neighborhood...

So, after spending 2 and a half hours in the “past”, U2 ends up where they never left and back in the future at the end of the show. And now you can factor in Biff.. who was based on a caricature of Trump. Bono's blond dye-job was looking a little Trumpish during the 'innocence' phase.. and things would soon be conflating with ZooTv.. Michael J. McFly and Donald J. Trump, singin' “We will rock you”... that I can tell you..

SOI was written as flashbacks to their beginnings. TIWYCRMN is specifically about discovering Joe Strummer, going to London for the first time, and telling his dad this is what I'm going to do now. It's all in the liner notes.

Trump hadn't even announced by the time the tour was wrapping up its first leg, so I doubt that had anything to do with it.

I'm guessing, and if I know how Bono's imagination works, that he read the news on July 7, 2005... like he did on April 4... and many other days.

July 7, 2005 – London - a coordinated attack using subway trains and a double decker bus. Liverpool St and Edgware Road.. and one of the trains was traveling from King's Cross St. to Russel Square – with the gardens and the college. The bus had also passed through King's Cross and has an 'us and them' vibe built into the 2 levels.. bombs go off and now your world as you knew it isn't there (anymore)..

Bono conflates the data.. flips it around.. and paints by numbers the world he wants to see – which is a light somewhere underneath all of the darkness. And the resulting painting looks like a coordinated effort, using the weapon of surrender, and a trip from the garden to the king's cross. Knowing that the world would never be the same.

And that was the point with the Aaron Brown thing I'd say.. a star running back down that ol' eight lane in the ford bronco vs. someone comes running back on a white horse... O.J. is more than a drink.. look past the darkness and you can fight to find the light and not let it go out. You've read the script and the movie is playing out... this is the sign.. this is the season. This is what I'm hearing myself say. Something is getting released in October.. 'Songs of Experience' maybe..

And so Willie Williams.. same as Zoo Tv then. What I thought was really great was the encore – the yellow neon and the bright white light bars flipped up into a new configuration. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before and then it landed on me.. Back to the Future 2 – the future Hilldale. The futuristic neighborhood...

So, after spending 2 and a half hours in the “past”, U2 ends up where they never left and back in the future at the end of the show. And now you can factor in Biff.. who was based on a caricature of Trump. Bono's blond dye-job was looking a little Trumpish during the 'innocence' phase.. and things would soon be conflating with ZooTv.. Michael J. McFly and Donald J. Trump, singin' “We will rock you”... that I can tell you..

Bono will personally hydrate a pizza for every attendee

SOI was written as flashbacks to their beginnings. TIWYCRMN is specifically about discovering Joe Strummer, going to London for the first time, and telling his dad this is what I'm going to do now. It's all in the liner notes.

Trump hadn't even announced by the time the tour was wrapping up its first leg, so I doubt that had anything to do with it.

The liner notes are the public keys.. there is more encrypted for those holding the private keys as well. I know about Waterloo Station.. it's not invisible, but it might be from the seats on the lower level of the bus.

I don't think it's says in the liner notes that Exit, complete with lightening storm, is about the crucifixion.. but you know that it is.. or you do now.. and you might owe me 30 gold pieces for the info.. plus an extra 10 dollars for Trump to fix the problem.. because the truth is that Bono plays a Light Supremacist on reality T.V... let's call things by their real names..

Last edited:
I don't think it's says in the liner notes that Exit, complete with lightening storm, is about the crucifixion.. but you know that it is.. or you do now.. and you might owe me 30 gold pieces for the info.. or 10 dollars for Trump to fix the problem..

You know Exit is about a serial killer, right?

You're assigning meanings, and not listening.

The liner notes are the public keys.. there is more encrypted for those holding the private keys as well. I know about Waterloo Station.. it's not invisible, but it might be from the seats on the lower level of the bus.

Are the private keys laced with LSD?

So for my money, Songs of Innocence - calling in for free on an Apple device.. laced with something that affected all the sleeping beauties.. it was beautiful - and I'll want the money back if ex-wives don't wake up at 33.. so release all the voodoo you've got and the Songs of Experience on good behaviour - it's against all odds, but I can feel it coming... but it's not coming.. it's here...

Back
Top Bottom