Some album news to come next week (25th)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not remotely surprised by this interview. A good portion of Bono's success on this issue in the US is due to the fact that he can talk to evangelicals and knows the Bible well.

For those who are interested, here's a couple articles about the Focus on the Family interview, with quite a few quotes (sorry, noting about the new record):

U2's Bono talks religion, praises George W. Bush in new interview

Bono: David sang the blues and Jesus did some punk rock

hmm re. Bono's Samaritan analogy there - i'm not sure it was that they were ideologically opposed, i thought it was more a lesson in humbleness because the Samaritans were considered the lowest of the low (which is why when Jesus talked to a Samaritan woman, people were outraged, not only was she a woman, but a SAMARITAN to boot lol) - the person who the Samaritan helped in the parable, despised Samaritans, yet it was the good Samaritan who came to his rescue...

unless B-man is suggesting that the Bush administration was the lowest of the low?! :lol:

(joking btw, before i get lynched)

Interesting :)

"He's very fussy," Byrne said. "U2 have a lot going on later this year with musical activities, so he was adamant that this should not be part of that.

I understand Bono doesn't want his personal stuff mixed up with promotion of the new album, I think it's a good move on his part.

Bono did not want his 'Meaning of Life' shown with rest of series - Independent.ie

BROADCASTER Gay Byrne said that Bono was "very fussy" about when his episode of 'The Meaning Of Life' would be shown on RTE television.

The U2 frontman was "adamant" that his recorded interview go out months ahead of when the full series broadcasts in the autumn, as it would overlap with publicity for his band's new album.

Now this is indeed very telling..if fall 2013 was anything but a solid release date, Bono likely wouldn't bother with making such a demand. Encouraging!!

Bono did not want his 'Meaning of Life' shown with rest of series - Independent.ie

BROADCASTER Gay Byrne said that Bono was "very fussy" about when his episode of 'The Meaning Of Life' would be shown on RTE television.

The U2 frontman was "adamant" that his recorded interview go out months ahead of when the full series broadcasts in the autumn, as it would overlap with publicity for his band's new album.

i seriously wonder if this could be some kind of PR damage control in the run up to the next album... i mean, seeing as he's apparently touching on issues such as the tax thing...

I don't think those who care that much about the tax thing would be buying U2 albums anyway. It's usually the U2 haters making much noise about it.

:hyper: That's pretty much a confirmation that we'll have an album this fall! Or close enough to a confirmation!

No album news, as Bono and the interviewer made it clear before, but a beautiful interview, really special. It's interesting (and moving) to see Bono so much more serious than he usually is in interviews.

hmm re. Bono's Samaritan analogy there - i'm not sure it was that they were ideologically opposed, i thought it was more a lesson in humbleness because the Samaritans were considered the lowest of the low (which is why when Jesus talked to a Samaritan woman, people were outraged, not only was she a woman, but a SAMARITAN to boot lol) - the person who the Samaritan helped in the parable, despised Samaritans, yet it was the good Samaritan who came to his rescue...

unless B-man is suggesting that the Bush administration was the lowest of the low?! :lol:

(joking btw, before i get lynched)

At first I was scratching my head at this part too, but I listened to it, and it took a slightly different meaning. What I think he was saying is something akin to if a gay man were to stop and help a very conservative evangelical. That person ideologically believes that person is lesser of a person and doesn't deserve the same rights as them, yet he's helping the person that wants to oppress him. Just my take :shrug:

"Bono" is trending on Twitter in Ireland. Lots of negative comments, as usual! :angry:

Would you give a toss what most Irish think of bono? Most of em will still want to go see them live in concert their such hypocrites

Yeah, it was a live stream. I don't know if the program will be available to watch on the RTE page later on, I hope there will be a version to download somewhere. I would love to watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom