SOI Gets Only 1 Grammy Nomination?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If them losing means I won't have to sift through incessant bitching about U2 still being around on Twitter/media websites that is perfectly fine by me.

U2 is now cool again!!! And Beck is a corporate sell out/dad rock artist

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If them losing means I won't have to sift through incessant bitching about U2 still being around on Twitter/media websites that is perfectly fine by me.

This is exactly why I was hoping they wouldn't win/perform this year. The public needs some time to cool down from their Applegate anger.

So if U2 aren't using the Grammy's to promote their album / tour, then what are they doing exactly? SOI is basically dead in the water, and they're just leaving it there. Why would they record a new single version of EBW, send it to a radio station, record a music video, and then just remain silent. This is the same band who had a Super Bowl commercial, went to Jimmy Fallon and the Oscars with NO ALBUM to promote. Now that they do have a new album, they pretty much ignore it.

I realize Bono's injury really disrupted the band's ability to play live, but there are other ways the band can remain active.

One really has to start questioning Guy O at this point. 2014 was chaos for them.

For real. Madonna stays relevant by pissing people off, it's been her MO since 1985.

Not so U2.

Sent from

One really has to start questioning Guy O at this point. 2014 was chaos for them.

For real. Madonna stays relevant by pissing people off, it's been her MO since 1985.

Not so U2.

Sent from

I totally agree with you.

Sent from my HTCONE using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't think Madonna is really "relevant". She's more mocked than anything right now simply because of her trying too hard for so many years. If you need endless scandals and a manager constantly flooding social media with tweets about how great you are as an artist, I don't think there's much artistical relevance there. U2 make music. Madonna makes .. whatever. U2 will be relevant when touring, it's what they do best and they should concentrate on that, especially after the non-existant album promo in the US.

Paul McCartney...is that his name? He looks old as fuck. I hope Kanye and Rihanna can get his career off the ground. It's a tough industry for old people. Look at U2.

^Now you're the one jesting, right? Like Paul M needs a "career boost":lol:

Irvine, excellent post as usual. I agree. Guy O is her longtime manager so he knows how to handle her...even if there's not much to handle...But I wonder if all the little things U2 have been doing are going to be part of something bigger to tie in with when the tour starts? I know Bono said "nothing public until the tour" but maybe they can bend it a little, say something starting May 1? Or do they really want to milk the surprise and drama factor with a cold walk onstage by Bono after being gone for 6 months? I mean, the band will be doing a few interviews and such prior to the tour at least? I can't help but wonder if Oseary has been debating this or if he's just been focused on Madonna the past few months.

Someone on @U2 has been paying attention to Willie Williams's site and Morleigh has just been listed as tour choreographer. I wonder when we will get the complete list of tour personnel. Will Dennis Sheehan be back as tour manager or will one of Guy O's people take that job. It might make a big difference.

Irvine, excellent post as usual. I agree. Guy O is her longtime manager so he knows how to handle her...even if there's not much to handle...But I wonder if all the little things U2 have been doing are going to be part of something bigger to tie in with when the tour starts? I know Bono said "nothing public until the tour" but maybe they can bend it a little, say something starting May 1? Or do they really want to milk the surprise and drama factor with a cold walk onstage by Bono after being gone for 6 months? I mean, the band will be doing a few interviews and such prior to the tour at least? I can't help but wonder if Oseary has been debating this or if he's just been focused on Madonna the past few months.

Someone on @U2 has been paying attention to Willie Williams's site and Morleigh has just been listed as tour choreographer. I wonder when we will get the complete list of tour personnel. Will Dennis Sheehan be back as tour manager or will one of Guy O's people take that job. It might make a big difference.

the touring crew remains the same. they were absorbed by Live Nation.

This is exactly why I was hoping they wouldn't win/perform this year. The public needs some time to cool down from their Applegate anger.

So if U2 aren't using the Grammy's to promote their album / tour, then what are they doing exactly? SOI is basically dead in the water, and they're just leaving it there. Why would they record a new single version of EBW, send it to a radio station, record a music video, and then just remain silent. This is the same band who had a Super Bowl commercial, went to Jimmy Fallon and the Oscars with NO ALBUM to promote. Now that they do have a new album, they pretty much ignore it.

I realize Bono's injury really disrupted the band's ability to play live, but there are other ways the band can remain active.

This is exactly why a win would steer away from the "Applegate" and back to the actual music.

U2 are, well, waiting until the singer gets fit enough to perform and until then EBW will just have to suffice. Or would you like more weak Substitu2 guys playing with them ?

Not much Oseary can do as long as they're one man down...

Back
Top Bottom