SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So can I who live in Sweden preorder SOE from u2.com without going bankrubt? How much is the sending cost? I can get the deluxe cd here for approx 30€

Just googled songs of experience leak,and found this gem!???

Artist: U2
Album: Songs of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
Original Release Date: 2017
Quality: 320 kbps

Track List:
1.Denim Jacket
2. Visions
3. Plastic Rose
4. Don't Wanna Know (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
5. Cassandra's Curse
6. Friday Nightmare
7. Snakes & Ladders
8. Something You Don't Understand
9. The Seeds
10. Rollin'
11. Medicine Man
12. I Will Rise Again
13. Open Water
14. The Race of My Life
15. Fire in My Veins
16. The End of Days
17. Love Is All We Have Left

???

Just googled songs of experience leak,and found this gem!???

Artist: U2
Album: Songs of Experience (Deluxe Edition)
Original Release Date: 2017
Quality: 320 kbps

Track List:
1.Denim Jacket
2. Visions
3. Plastic Rose
4. Don't Wanna Know (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
5. Cassandra's Curse
6. Friday Nightmare
7. Snakes & Ladders
8. Something You Don't Understand
9. The Seeds
10. Rollin'
11. Medicine Man
12. I Will Rise Again
13. Open Water
14. The Race of My Life
15. Fire in My Veins
16. The End of Days
17. Love Is All We Have Left

???

Muahahaha that's awesome! I wonder why they chose to keep love is all we have left. Also is fire in my veins about edge being on fire or something? Haha

do you think u2 have any intention of making an artistic statement, with this album?

if not, what do you think is their point in making it at all?

do you think u2 have any intention of making an artistic statement, with this album?

*Somewhere in an exclusive Dublin after club, under a dim light and hushed tones -- holding a single malt scotch with one hand and a cigar that Fidel Castro once gave him in the other -- Bono confides.... "If experience has taught me anything, above all else, is the primacy of fun and frolics and devilment and mischief and joy -- as a defiant act against our mortality....and that is what this record is about -- joy as an act of defiance in these troubling times."

Last edited:

They clearly think they are making an artistic statement. Many will believe they are only doing it for the money (from the tour).

I think they made this album for both reasons.

I really liked SOI and generally like what I've heard from SOE. But I'm not afraid to admit this is a little like watching Peyton Manning trying to lead the Broncos to that Super Bowl championship - the flashes of true brilliance are fewer and farther between, but they still exist - along with some moments that make you wonder why they are still out there. I'm willing to accept both from U2 at this point - mostly because it's clear the end is coming in the not too distant future. I'll hang on for the last ride or two.

*Somewhere in an exclusive Dublin after club -- under a dim light and hushed tones -- holding a single malt scotch with one hand and a cigar that Fidel Castro once gave him in the other, Bono confides.... "If experience has taught me anything, above all else, is the primacy of fun and frolics and devilment and mischief and joy -- as a defiant act against our mortality....and that is what this record is about -- joy as an act of defiance in these times."

I can actually see him say that.

BONO.jpg
0f8b12d58d1ddd012fa99fcb4402f5ad.jpg

In all honesty, I expect this to be the most cohesive and clear project for a long time. Some are angry about the volcano callbacks in AS, but I have two contrary thoughts on it:

1 - we weren’t meant to hear that song until we had the full album - I think it will make sense in context, and
2 - it won’t be the only one, with SFS another known callback. I’d be surprised if it was only two.

It makes me think there is a grand artistic statement to be made with the SOI/SOE era as a whole, and leaving three years has meant the impact it will have on fans is diluted. My hope is that once the album has had some time to sink in, that we all ‘get it’ and they have executed the intention well.

Anyone have much experience of how strict they are at these promo shows with checking ID to the names on tickets? If you rocked up with tickets that didn’t have your name on them do you think you’d get a wristband or not?

A callback to Iris has been mentioned too.

Yeah, I forgot about that one.

I imagine there will be subtle (who am I kidding, this is 2000s Bono...) lyrical themes throughout as well.

Lights To Home sounds like it could be interesting lyrically after the SOI references to where they came from, there is a light etc. perhaps thematically about losing your way and then finding your way back to your roots?

Album = Tour

Tour = Money

Now let me revise. I don't believe they're still putting so much effort into writing, recording, rewriting and re recording, and promoting this new album just for tour revenue. At least 3/4 of them still seem to have a drive to create good music and continue to build onto their legacy.

However, if tour revenue were not a factor, they wouldn't still be U2. Edge is probably the only one that would still be making music were U2 to suddenly stop.

Me and my friends formed a band in high school. We sucked, but we got better. Throughout our 20s we wrote songs, played gigs, had a blast. Then around the time we all hit 30 we just had less passion and time for it. The band eventually faded. We're still friends, but now when we get together socially it is without the band. Had we been making actual money, let alone millions, perhaps we'd have continued.

This is a google translation:

The new U2, Songs of Experience, is on here. Reviews are still prohibited, but it's nice to hear four real songs (instead of musical pieces)

This is a google translation:

The new U2, Songs of Experience, is on here. Reviews are still prohibited, but it's nice to hear four real songs (instead of musical pieces)

What do you suppose the line “it’s nice to hear four real songs instead of musical pieces” means?

They call him a Music Reporter (Babylon and Reverso translation)

In the twitter comments someone asked for a link and he refused, naturally. The 4 songs thing doesn't make sense. We have heard 4 songs (including Little things) but he obviously has the album minus the extras.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom