SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leak damn you! Or someone upload some clips on Instagram. Something! It’s out there!

Edit - Taylor Swift’s album only leaked 1 day before its release this week. Not sure if she had physical copies out there in advance as well to leak but looks like it will be a long 3 weeks for us. Hunker down!

Last edited:
The album is being shared around in some circles but not with the kind of people who would leak. I was lucky enough to be offered the chance to listen to it but I don't have direct access to it. But sure it's only 3 weeks more! :hyper:

Leak damn you! Or someone upload some clips on Instagram. Something! It’s out there!

Edit - Taylor Swift’s album only leaked 1 day before its release this week. Not sure if she had physical copies out there in advance as well to leak but looks like it will be a long 3 weeks for us. Hunker down!
Yep. If anyone is constantly checking here to see if it leaked, you're going to be disappointed.

The album is being shared around in some circles but not with the kind of people who would leak. I was lucky enough to be offered the chance to listen to it but I don't have direct access to it. But sure it's only 3 weeks more! :hyper:
Could you share with us something about the album that hasn't already been reported?

I agree with the post about giving a positive review based on hearing new U2 for the first time. Obviously it will take multiple listens for a true read on the album. But based off first listen I thought it was honestly the band's best attempt at an album in years. It's maybe just 2 tracks too long! But I think even now I have to say it's a solid collection of songs. It won't satisfy everyone. It's very much a pop record. Those of you looking for the U2 of old won't be getting it in full. There's shades of former glory here though. You can tell the band really put time and energy into this and for that reason, as a collection of songs, I think it will stand the test of time.
Makes me jealous, I wish I could have heard it too.

Was there anything that surprised you in a good way?

One thing I've noticed with the new songs is that it appears that The Edge has brought back his signature sound, at least on 3 tracks (Little Things, THAT, GOOYOW), something that was scarce on SOI.

One thing I've noticed with the new songs is that it appears that The Edge has brought back his signature sound, at least on 3 tracks (Little Things, THAT, GOOYOW), something that was scarce on SOI.

What is "THAT"?

There are two aspects so far that where scarce on SOI:

1-Edge. He is (so far) more up front on what we have heard but not at the compromise of Adam or Larry who are still kicking ass on SOE

2-the return of the powerful "sing along" chorus. GOOYOW, Blackout and to a lesser extent TBT all have great sing along choruses.

I'm assuming that in the actual SOE concerts, "the Kendrick part" will be narrated by Kendrick himself, via the video screen.

Exactly right. I said it before, but many U2 fans who don’t post here call this place the “U2 Hate Forum”. That’s its reputation.

And your response to this is to sign up, insult the forum and spend half your time going after Axver? Interesting. Which of the Cracker Barrel Gang were you by the way?

Getting back to SOE though, I really don't like Get Out Of Your Own Way. I'm just repeating what others have already said but the Beautiful Day/Invisible style drum machine gets it off to a bad start in terms of retreading old ground and there's already a better chorus with same chord progression in The Best Thing.

I don't know why it grates on me so much, I'm sure it'll sound alright live, I'm just really glad I'd heard the other singles first or I'd be worried about the album :lol: Best Thing is a great song and Blackout is by far the best one so far, can't wait to hear that one live.

Getting back to SOE though, I really don't like Get Out Of Your Own Way. I'm just repeating what others have already said but the Beautiful Day/Invisible style drum machine gets it off to a bad start in terms of retreading old ground and there's already a better chorus with same chord progression in The Best Thing.

I don't know why it grates on me so much, I'm sure it'll sound alright live, I'm just really glad I'd heard the other singles first or I'd be worried about the album :lol: Best Thing is a great song and Blackout is by far the best one so far, can't wait to hear that one live.

Feel the same way. I’m glad that those who have heard the album at least say Summer Of Love and Red Flag Day were there favorites. Two songs none of us have heard at all.

I've met quite a few Italian fans, actually.

Do tell.

article-0-023AEE25000005DC-906_468x358.jpg

Anyone got any live links to listen to the London show that starts in 5 minutes

Back
Top Bottom