So who is producing this album ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bram said:
Reading this as carefully as possible, doesn't this look like there are 2 pretty distinct projects here?

Yeah it does. Bring on a one/two punch. That would be sweet.

ahittle said:

Yeah it does. Bring on a one/two punch. That would be sweet.

I think we're looking at a non-U2 album in Nov'08 followed by a real U2 album in Nov'09. I really cannot see how the next album can be an offical U2 release if Eno & Lanois have significant writing credits.

U2girl said:
Dre? Kanye? Timbaland? :no:

U2's had enough of "let's be hip" times with the 1997 and 2000 albums.

I say stick with Eno and Lanois.

good producers are good producers, hip hop or non-hip hop related.

the production on kanye's 'graduation' is better than the production on u2's last 3 albums.

U2's records for the most part are not well-produced, evidenced often by how much better they sound live. Sure, part of it is them adding things, but I'd say the production has some fault too. See: Until the End of the World.

I liked the sound on JT (warm, spacious)- Rattle and Hum (crisp)-AB (intentionally muddy)- Zooropa (techy) albums. :shrug:

Roy: Eno and Lanois are writing, but shouldn't this be a pro-U2 album thing ? I mean, they were never involved in a non U2 project before. (Passengers was only Eno, and Stateless and Ground beneath her feet were ATYCLB contenders at first). Also, do you really see them putting two distinct albums for two years in a row ?

Back
Top Bottom