So What Song Has Grown On You The Most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moser

Refugee
I believe "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" is the song that has grown the most on me. I used to skip it. My girlfriend liked it. I gave it more listens, and I really like this song.

Larry's drumming is Grade-A. :up:

Moment of Surrender.

At first I thought it was a bit too slow, a bit too preachy, in a way, although I liked the beat. For some strange reason, I also thought Bono was a bit too over the top with his singing.

This has changed for the better. Moment of Surrender is a U2 classic to me now.

Fez-Being Born. The moment I first listened I was thinking: Wtf, why are they using samples from Boots. Wtf is this weird shit.

Now, I find Fez quite fitting. I don't know why, but yeah, it has grown on me.

Breathe. It didn't do much for me at first but now it's probably climbing for a spot in the top 5, behind Magnificent and MOS but somewhere along UC/NLOTH/Cedars.

MOS..loved it first listen, then just didn't get it for a while....then it hit me...one of U2's best tracks ever

Crazy Tonight has been the biggest grower - always liked it but didnt think it fit very well on the record. Now I think it's almost perfection in every way. Though I love it it's still not remotely my favourite song on the album.... Theres just too much brilliance!

White as snow has grown in my opinion. What a beautiful song that is. Classic !!!

Magnificent is still my number one. It still grows on me (especially after listen to two of five remix releases). What a big song! ONe of U2's best ever.:applaud::applaud:

Breathe.

I was a little irritated when I first heard the album version because I thought the beach clip was better, but when I heard it performed live and with listening to the album more often I really started to love it, and it's one of the songs I'm most excited about on the album now.

"Breathe," because I really didn't see anything special about it and thought it was pretty lame at first. Now I like it a lot more.

Unknown Caller. I wasn't real sure about it at first but now I'm hoping to hear these chorus chants live... Larry, Adam... maybe guests spots with Lanois and Eno? :hmm:

I'm going to say Get On Your Boots too. I never didn't like it, but it's shot way up for me now. The one song on the album I crank WAY UP when it come on. It's musical joy.

Definitely MOS. I came in expecting to be underwhelmed after all the hype, and I was. But after 20-30 plays, the song is really sounding fantastic to me now.

Magnificent I loved at first, but thought it did not match the hype. It has grown on me big time and it will wind up in my top 10 U2 songs, maybe higher eventually. Best song on the album.

Biggest grower, BY FAR for me was the title track, No Line On the Horizon. When I first heard this, I was underwhelmed, wanted NLOTH2 in its place, etc. Now I really love this song and think it is lyrically and musically brilliant. The b side is just as good, the only thing giving the album version the edge is that it fits better in context. And maybe"time is irrelevant...." lines on album as opposed to the incoherence in that part of NLOTH2!

Get on your boots snuck up on me. I just like the sound of it now in context with the rest of the album. It's a nice break inbetween the 1st part and last atmospheric parts.

For me, it's probably Crazy Tonight. When I first heard it, I was all "just what we need, U2, another uplifting, poppy song. Thanks!" But damn if I didn't start buying into the joyfulness after a couple of weeks. And it's catchy as hell, too.

The first 4 or 5 times through the album, I wasn't sure exactly what to make of Breathe. Shortly after that (I think those early live performances might have helped) it was clear that the song was awesome and that I was a slave to it. Best song on the album, fo sho.

Breathe. at first listening a gave it a 7/10, but now it is a 11/10
its probably the U2 song with the biggest balls for the last ten years.
well done U2 despite mr lillywhite sat at the desk:up:

Not necessarily the song that has grown on me the most (that title would have to go to either White as Snow or NLOTH (which I already loved, but now I REALLY love), but I really do believe that "Stand Up Comedy" is one of the more under-appreciated titles on the record. I can't help but think that if SUC had been on HTDAAB, Interferencers would have a more positive collective opinion of it. Perhaps this just has to do with how superlative I feel NLOTH is to U2's last album :shrug:

MOS (play this really loud with lots of bass...its a differant song) and i'll Go Czy (esp live)....

White as snow, I love it!!!!

First 4 songs are masterpieces, 5 is crap, 6 is good, 7 is good, 8 is masterpiece, 9 is a grower, 10 is great and 11 is ok

Probably No Line on the Horizon for me... still agree with Pitchfork in their saying that the chorus resembles a "deflating fart"... but those verses are great.

Get on Your Boots I still like. Unknown Caller has shot up a bit for me too... but I still don't like "hear me cease to speak, that I may speak, shush now" much.

Probably No Line on the Horizon for me... still agree with Pitchfork in their saying that the chorus resembles a "deflating fart"... but those verses are great.

Pitchfork :madspit:

I love NLOTH, loved it from the first time I heard it. I haven't really figured out how the verses and chorus really go together, but for me, the chorus is perfect, especially after the "wild" verses. I always imagine it at the still sea that comes between the storms, it's a picture I like very much, and it comes up every time I listen to the song. Seriously, I love the song from beginning to end, but what I love most about it is the last chorus where Bono is singing over the other voices, which sounds a little off, but in a good way. Love it.

On the other side, I don't think Crazy Tonight will really ever grow on me, I don't hate the song, I just think it's the weakest one on the album. I try to concentrate on some details of the songs that I like, but compared to the other songs, I just don't get excited by it that much. Even Boots is giving me more, and I really love Stand Up Comedy. But I never skip Crazy Tonight, because I always have the feeling I need some relief after the really dense first four songs, so in a way it's fitting. :)

I don't think I've listened to the album more than maybe 5 or 6 time since it's out. Listening to it on headphones recently gave me a totally new impression of the songs.

definitely breathe
and like so many others have said, even though i liked crazy tonight from the start, i didnt imagine it growin on me as much as it has

Back
Top Bottom