So What Song Has Grown On You The Most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" is the song that has grown the most on me. I used to skip it. My girlfriend liked it. I gave it more listens, and I really like this song.

Larry's drumming is Grade-A. :up:

Semi same here. My friend gave the whole album a listen and picked out the great ones. By far that song sounds close to their original stuff IMO. :)

By the way, is it true about another album being released at the end of the year? :)

my wife says it's the most U2 sounding song on the album. because this album stretches the imagination a lot more, this song automatically became the target of negativity.

First off, I haven't been on Interference since September so I'm trying to catch up on things. As for the music Stand Up Comedy was the first song that started to grow on me especially during Edge's solo, great stuff.:applaud:

heard to say..most of the songs I loved instantly.

I'd go with "Crazy"...still annoys me that it was on this album. Would have liked some of the more experimental stuff Eno was talking about. But it's a good song in the end.

SUC never grew on me.

Some amazing responses here so far, I reckon every song has been mentioned at least once.

In the first week of listening to the album, it was White As Snow and Moment Of Surrender that grew on me after about 3 or 4 listens to the album, they haven't necessarily grown since then, but White As Snow pales in comparison to the it's superior sister-song, the magical Cedars which I've always loved, so I'm not as fond of WAS if I think of it comparatively.

NLOTH grew significantly for me about 3 or 4 weeks after I first hear the album. The so-so-ness of NLOTH2 had kinda prevented me from enjoying the NLOTH 1 as much as possibly coul I think.

I'd probably say Fez-Being Born has grown on me the most. Depending on the situation in which you listen to it, like in a bedroom with the volume really craked up, it is quite a mindblowing experience. I never disliked the song though, just grown to like it increasingly more.

Breath for me.

After the first couple of listens,i really had a problem with the fast delivery of Bono on the verses.But somehow,now,i dig it

Crazy Tonight and White As Snow are the two that have really gone from zeros to heroes for me, though Magnificent is still easily my #1!!

Hearing and seeing Breathe live on the US promo tour and now having it on the B-side of Magnificent has done wonders for my opinion of it. It is not like that it is that much different from the studio take. I think what happens is that the song just radiates with energy in a live setting. I am going nuts playing it over and over.

i liked everything from the start except uc, mos, boots, and suc. suc and boots i still don't like, and they are getting worse. i skip suc everytime, and boots 9 out of 10. the only reason i ever listen to boots is my 2 yr old loves it (which is about right). suc still makes me so a little angry they put it on an otherwise great album. boots is the most overcooked song u2 has ever done (with how much they overanalyze everything that is saying a lot).

uc has grown a lot, but nothing will ever make the barked text message lines better. that will always keep that song from being great. if i could edit out those sections i would love it. it still has grown on me to the point of really liking it, its just still frustrating it could have been so much better with out those awful, cheesy sections.

mos is the one that has grown on me the most. really like it now, but i have to be in the mood for it. sometimes i don't have the patience to get all the way through it. other times its great, and almost seems too short.

MOS was an aquired taste for me, now I love it. I am trying to get into UC. I love the intro, the drums :drool:, the "sunshine, sunshine" but the Oh's and ^what jp said about the barked text lines are keeping me from loving it.

I said a few pages back I was having a hard time listening to Breathe because of my perceived high pitch ear pain thing..I found I only have that problem when listening to it with earphones. Otherwise, I really like the song.

Magnificent has gone from only liking parts of the song to loving the song as a whole. I play it first, and it gets repeated. I am motivated to make travel plans to see more than my home city show. This album is a masterclass (to quote Simon Cowell :lol:)

Fez-Being Born

am I right in thinking Fez is the samples and stuff at the beginning then Being Born is the typical U2 stuff that follows? If so I just mean Being Born is the one that grew on me in that case. I didn't give it enough listens, really hope they bring it out on the tour!

i will now change my answer to "Stand Up Comedy". this is the only song that i strongly disliked after the album leaked. now i enjoy the song. while it's still my least favorite track on the album, and weaker than Winter, i don't skip this song like i used to. plus, at the worst, it's good driving music.

FEZ-Bein' Born:hyper:
I used to not listen to it cause of the way the song moves but now I absolutely love it! It's one of my favorites now! Just the whole "Whoah, whoah" is breath taking and Edge's signature way of combining notes together makes this track seem like one of the strongest on the album. It may be one of their best songs of the decade?:hmm:

It's weird, but as I've already said, GOYB will take a long time to grow on me. :sad:

Sadly I feel the same way too, in fact the more I try and listen to it the more I loathe it. I hope they play this early in the set to get it out of the way.

MOS, and Crazy is getting higher on my list of favs, Crazy just kinda takes off especially live.

Back
Top Bottom