So...does hearing Windows in the sky affect your decision on buying U218 in any way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to buy the videos DVD, but then I realized I haven't watched the 90's videos DVD is forever. When I wanna listen to the songs I listen to the songs and don't watch the videos (which are usually not that great anyway)

Zootlesque said:
But I'm finding it hard to see what merit the hardcore fan gets out of this for shelling out the hard earned $23.99! As hardcore fans, should we ignore this release?

If you don't want 10 tracks of a good show filmed in high-quality, then sure, you should ignore it.

For whatever reasons, they decided not to do a full DVD release of the Milan concert. Maybe they weren't happy with the whole thing and decided to add some of it as an extra on this release. Maybe they didn't like releasing two full DVD concerts with Elevation and decided not to do it again this time.

Buy it, don't buy it, I just don't understand why it has to be analyzed so much. It's too bad some fans are seeing this as a greedy money-grab release. I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.

corianderstem said:

Um ... a lot of people?

I get your point about it not being a full concert, but I'll take it over no concert at all.

I think I would just view it as a novelty item. When I already have a full concert Vertigo DVD and I'm in the mood to watch Vertigo concert footage, I'd go with the official, full concert Chicago release. I just think there would be something wrong with setting aside time to watch a disc that contains only a skimpy fraction of a concert. The Milan footage looks pretty, sure, but I will wait for the South American footage to give me my outdoor Vertigo fix.:drool:

Ill buy the deluxe version of the CD and the Videos too....I have spent more on 1 single then this entire collection costs so I dont have a problem with it.

I cannot change my decision to buy the U218 package. I must continue to help the the lads have a good life.

Re: So...does hearing Windows in the sky affect your decision on buying U218 in any way?

U2girl said:

Personally I'm torn between buying U218, and waiting to see if Windows in the sky will have a good B-side.

Actually I'll go with the single.

Out of the 80's videos I only really like Streets and WOWY (plus I have the 80's Best of VHS, and who's to say we're not getting those on DVD?), and I'd rather wait for that IMAX movie over watching 10 song alone.
I also have a sneaky feeling we're seeing a 2000-201? Best of someday.

Chizip said:
nah, this is the first u2 cd i wont buy

i would like the Milan DVD but it irritates me that they force you to buy a cd of songs you already have in order to get it, so I'll just download that

Good choice. £14-£17 for songs that nearly everybody has twice already is taking the piss.

The Slow Loris said:
I don't get it. Half of you (who aren't buying the album) seem to not want or care about the Milan DVD. :confused:

Why would I want it? They couldn't even be bothered including the night's best song, The Electric Co. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even buy it if the show were released separately and in full. I already have DVD versions of most of the songs on the DVD - why do I want YET ANOTHER Bullet, Pride, One, Streets, WOWY, SBS? This is why I buy Dream Theater DVDs rather than U2 DVDs: Dream Theater actually make an effort to release different songs on their DVDs so that you have a variety rather than multiple repeats of the same song.

Axver said:

Why would I want it? They couldn't even be bothered including the night's best song, The Electric Co. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even buy it if the show were released separately and in full. I already have DVD versions of most of the songs on the DVD - why do I want YET ANOTHER Bullet, Pride, One, Streets, WOWY, SBS? This is why I buy Dream Theater DVDs rather than U2 DVDs: Dream Theater actually make an effort to release different songs on their DVDs so that you have a variety rather than multiple repeats of the same song.

Being a big Pearl Jam fan, this guy has a point.

Chizip said:

You're really going to buy the same album of songs twice because of the packaging?

Yes, the single CD version is only around £8, and I know not having a case which fits in with the others will annoy me. I lasted 22 months without the HTDAAB regular CD, but in the end, the annoyance triumphed.

I was gonna buy it anyway because I'm a sucker and I'll buy anything U2 comes out with :shrug: unless the album had NOTHING new and offered no sort of bonus or reason to buy it. even then I might at some point because I want to own all the U2 albums. then again I don't even own my own copy of Passengers... :shrug:

but yeah I'm gonna buy the version with the DVD, and Window doesnt really affect my decision either way but it rules anyway

thelaj said:

Yes, the single CD version is only around £8, and I know not having a case which fits in with the others will annoy me. I lasted 22 months without the HTDAAB regular CD, but in the end, the annoyance triumphed.

Your money must be burning a hole in your pocket. But I'm sure Bono will be pleased with the contribution to his new 8 million pound yacht (that has 3 bars and 6 staff!):wink:

rjhbonovox said:
But I'm sure Bono will be pleased with the contribution to his new 8 million pound yacht (that has 3 bars and 6 staff!):wink:

:lmao:!!! You're still going on about this fictional yacht?

So U2 has made a few million dollars, good for them. The concept is simple if people are willing to pay for it they will, if not they wont. Just because U2 has made a lot of money in the past and will continue to do so doesnt mean that they should get shunned for it. If they can make money of a Greatest Hits CD great. Most of the people that complain are the biggest of copyright infringers anyway so they may have not bought the CD anyway no matter what was on it. Oh and I also must add they all claim to be too poor to buy the music yet they arent poor when it comes to travelling around the world spending thousands of dollars going to multiple concerts. Selling albums, and "selling out" by releasing greatest hits albums, is a bad thing for these people.

What other band would get such flac for releasing a greatest hits package. The Beatles lasted less then 10 years and have more Greatest Hits packages then U2 does but I dont see anybody complaining about them. You got ZooTV on DVD in full, but again some probably thought that was too expensive too even though it wasnt even a buck a song. If you dont want these 10 live tracks I guess thats your choice but to not buy it cause its "not the full concert" really to me is a weak excuse because its not being charged in dollars like it was a full concert either.

The album will do good whether some people here dont buy the album, this is a very small portion of the U2 fanbase out there and there is a lot of people that would like to have all these songs on one CD, and to be honest wont be buying the deluxe version anyway, because this will be thier first U2 buying experience, much like the Best Of 1980-1990 and to a lesser extent the Best of 1990-2000 was.

The Saints are Coming and Window In The Skies will generate enough interest in most people that "have the songs already" to purchase them again. After all these are the songs that sold U2 millions upon millions of records, midas well add a few more million to that. Its a smart business move and also buys them time to work on finishing the next album.

FullonEdge2 said:

It's probably because it's a half-assed DVD. Who's going to watch a DVD of 10 live tracks again and again? Where's the rest of the concert? When watching concert DVDs, I'm looking for the whole concert experience, and thus every other U2 concert DVD would be more inviting for me to watch than the Milan cut. If I want to see more Vertigo, I will wait for the 3-D South American concert.:drool:

As for WITS, it's a wonderful song! I'll probably buy a copy or two of U218 as gifts, but it's not something that I need.
Yeah and it's mostly just the damn greatest hits again

Zootlesque said:

Its true I read it and I've seen the advert where Bono is advertising for staff for his 8 million pound new yacht.

Zootlesque said:

Fictional? I'm the maitre d'!

lh_slowloris_replace.jpg

Back
Top Bottom