Sleep Like A Baby Tonight - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty good song, my opinion, taking elements from An Cat Dubh, Babyface, and Electrical Storm. But does sound like a song you can play for your child before bedtime. 7/10 for me.

Here's the Krautrock effect again. And yet poor Invisible was left orphaned. :sad:

great melody. definetely original arrangements. something about it reminds of an electronic version of "wakeup dead man".

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

My favorite song on the album, also, IMO, best lyrics. Love the feeling of this song even though I don't really know what it's about. Also, I cringed when I first read the title, it doesn't do the song justice at all.

great melody. definetely original arrangements. something about it reminds of an electronic version of "wakeup dead man".

Definitely. It's bono's vocal delivery. I was expecting him to say "Is it like a tape recorder" during the intro.

This is the coolest U2 song in a long time.

Not sure if you've noticed but there's a hint of the vocal melody from the beach clip "Thank You" in the chorus.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Definitely the one I can hear the most Danger Mouse-influence in so far. Also growing on me more and more.

The title of this song describes exactly what it makes the listener do. This is the stand-out least favorite, so far. It has an interesting guitar part near the end, but certainly not enough to save it from how slow and dull it is.

dark
dirty
moody
sexy
edgy
catchy
beautiful
challenging
atmospheric
great intro
out of this world outro

this one comes from that place that u2 dicovered in the 90s and should go more often.

love it too much.

Back
Top Bottom