Sleep Like A Baby Tonight - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my top 3 songs on the record, absolutely brilliant, spooky sounds and textures, very creepy, subtle lyrics too, you could be forgiven for not knowing what the song was about, if you had no prior knowledge.

Less keen on the 2nd perspective, everything I liked about the album version is less evident here, the lyrics aren't as great, though of course this would be something that's pretty hard to write about! That said, I still like the 2nd version, just not as much.

Easily my favorite track on the album. So many layers, so haunting. The only thing that takes away from me is the falsetto bit. Not in concept, but it's not exactly executed flawlessly :wink:.

Does the remix on the second disc sound that much different? I don't really think so. Was hoping for something more experimental considering the great source material of this song.

Anyone remember Radiohead's TKOL RMX 1234567 remix album? far out man! :dancing:

Does the remix on the second disc sound that much different? I don't really think so. Was hoping for something more experimental considering the great source material of this song.

Anyone remember Radiohead's TKOL RMX 1234567 remix album? far out man! :dancing:

Its not a remix. In my opinion it is the second half of the song.

Not listened to this song in a long while,came on random in the car and it sounds straight off Achtung Baby. Great atmosphere in this song,whish they had done more songs in this style.

Back
Top Bottom