Short Sound Clip from Fez (curteousy of Daniel Lanois' 'Here is What Is'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo_Fly

Acrobat
As per request from a few members, here is a new thread containing a link to a Youtube audio clip (sorry, no video since I had to conceal the camera), of U2 jamming in Fez this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Ce3dDwZzI

The audio quality is on par with the beach clips, its a bit more clouded but also doesn't have those waves in the background.

It is only just over a minute long, but contains clips from 3 or 4 songs.

If you're interested in the initial reactions, there is a discussion in the 'Unseen Footage of U2 jamming....' thread as well as a cleaned up audio version from The_Edge89 on the 5th page.

It sounds like they are doing really interesting things with the rhythm. I also liked whatever Edge is cooking up at about 1:55.

Thank you very much! :combust:

Sadly, I can't hear much of it though...the cleaned up version is a bit better, but the quality just isn't as good as last year's beach clips. :slant:

I love the first song, especially near the end when it jumps from the horn-noise to the classic Edge delay bit then back to the horn (guitar?).

Wow, the 49-54 section sounds great, a real monster, plus Bono sounds like his voice is on form. Really intrigued to see where this album goes.

The Fast Cars comparison would make sense as Lanois described the new album as sounding "exotic" (he didn't mention this last night but I read it in a newspaper article).

This is exactly the change in direction i think we were all hoping for.

Hmmmm, looks like they're working on a couple of new standards.
Maybe they're really tryin something different....................come on, let's come out with 5/4 and 6/8 songs!

Thanks to everyone who is posting these clips! I could not be more excited and it's probably way too early to be this excited. I am especially thrilled with the first two samples; some really interesting sounding stuff going on. Can't wait for the album! Please don't keep us waiting until Fall '08. Come on, guys.

I cant hear it too well but the beginning reminded me of Zoo Station and then it started to sound like reggae and then more like HTDAAB.

:hmm:

Cool. Monster guitar riff without trying to scream RAWK. Reminded me a little of the Discotheque riff.

So, we have this clip from the Lanois movie, what are the others?
I can't keep track of all the links.

Anyhow, drop the bass out, you can hear it a little better

my first guess, the Lou Reed sounding vocal
"They let the muddy water heal them"

Last edited:
Wow, thank you that's really great of you.

I'd love to have the converted file as well if it's no trouble.
My e-mail is theedge1989 <at> hotmail.com.
Either send it directly there if it isn't big or upload it to somewhere where I can download it.
Thank you again!

EDIT:
Here's the audio for the rest of you that don't want to watch the video to hear the songs.

http://www.save file.com/files/1050562

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom