Shedding a Little Light, Perhaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the delay in an announcment is probably more due to the fact that we are expecting a lot of releases in the coming period, Killers, Oasis, and heaps of big names. Maybe they are holding off their announcment until the others do so they can put it in a week where the other majors acts arent... ?

The other thing too is, they don't need 3 months of speculation and hype to sell millions of records. The extra publicity is wasted money, and Pauly G knows that. No fear, we will hear in 2 weeks :up:

I think the delay in an announcment is probably more due to the fact that we are expecting a lot of releases in the coming period, Killers, Oasis, and heaps of big names. Maybe they are holding off their announcment until the others do so they can put it in a week where the other majors acts arent... ?

The other thing too is, they don't need 3 months of speculation and hype to sell millions of records. The extra publicity is wasted money, and Pauly G knows that. No fear, we will hear in 2 weeks :up:

I think it might be likely that two factors will influence the publicity.

1. The forthcoming release of Under a Blood Red Sky, which they won't want to bury beneath the hype and expectation of a new album.

2. The lessons learned from the 'new' music industry and the tactics of bands like Radiohead, Coldplay, etc, in terms of releasing the music and grabbing attention. The old format's looking a little stale now, so they'll obviously try something new and outlandish to grab our attention.

I'd guess that after the release of Under a Blood Red Sky you'll see a three-four week period of small bits of news and then the album release date, etc, will be made public.

Back
Top Bottom