saints/window singles: B-sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey all!

i noticed that nobody had made a thread to discuss this so i thought id make one :)

what do you think will be b-side tracks for either of the new singles to come out? more new tracks? perhaps some "live favorites"?

discuss :wink:

Saints will have the live version for sure:
B000JCES7K.01.BACK._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36958124_.jpg

as for window...I don't dare to make a guess ;) Maybe a track from the Vertigo//Tour or a remix or something like that.

Last edited:
'Saints' b-side has already been announced - the live version from New Orleans.

Amazingly, 'Windows' will be the 18th single U2 has released since 'Last Night on Earth' in 1997. And in that time we've had a total of just 4 brand new tracks as b-sides despite most of those 18 singles having 2 or more versions of each single.

Therefore I wouldn't expect a new song as a b-side for Windows :(

Last edited:
i am expecting some rare really old track or live track from 1980 or something as the b side

chocky said:
Amazingly, 'Windows' will be the 18th single U2 has released since 'Last Night on Earth' in 1997. And in that time we've had a total of just 4 brand new tracks as b-sides despite most of those 18 singles having 2 or more versions of each single.

:down: That's just lazy.

I can't believe that out of the entire HTDAAB period, we got one lone, solitary original b-side despite the fact the band released five songs as singles with truckloads of multiple editions.

The Saints b-side is just lazy too. I don't expect any better for WITS. Maybe Window In The Skies (Extended Acoustic Mount Temple Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Hard Metal Bitter Dance Remix)?

Yes, but we got Xanax and Wine, Love you like mad, Levitate, Smile and Flower Child in that Itunes Rare and Unreleased thingie.
Not technically B-sides but still new (previously unreleased) material.

Mercy would be nice. :up:

U2girl said:
Yes, but we got Xanax and Wine, Love you like mad, Levitate, Smile and Flower Child in that Itunes Rare and Unreleased thingie.
Not technically B-sides but still new (previously unreleased) material.

Mercy would be nice. :up:

so instead of spending a couple bucks on singles to get their recent b-sides they make you spend 150 bucks to get them :happy:

U2girl said:
:yawn: Yes because it's so hard to get those songs in the time of internet.

ok so to get these songs i need to spend 150 dollars or do something illegal :happy:

:shrug: Is there a third way? (I wonder if all people who have moral issues with this have bootlegs, legally obtained their B-sides, single versions etc )

Just saying, it's odd to complain "150 bucks!" if you didn't actually do it.

Chizip said:

ok so to get these songs i need to spend 150 dollars or do something illegal :happy:

No kidding. There was no way I was going to buy the Complete U2 when I already had the majority of the songs.

I swear, I feel like the only person here who hasn't heard those other songs though. :angry:

Axver said:

Maybe Window In The Skies (Extended Acoustic Mount Temple Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Hard Metal Bitter Dance Remix)?

:lol: I can't wait to hear how THAT will sound!

Bonochick said:

No kidding. There was no way I was going to buy the Complete U2 when I already had the majority of the songs.

I swear, I feel like the only person here who hasn't heard those other songs though. :angry:

Not quite the only one, me too...

Back
Top Bottom