saints should have been saved for NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

sorry, I just don't see why a cover together with Green Day should be even mentioned in the same breath as No line ...
:shrug:

1. It's not their song.

2. It was a collaboration.

3. It wouldn't fit anywhere on NLOTH.

4. The song is average.

i listened to that and then listened to ceders. it worked for me. but i guess that's just me. mabey in a live setting. i;ve been a big fan of intense song followed by soft song/border on acoustic .

ok i made a mistake. some moderator delete this. although i do like saints then listening to cedars. but i proly should have made that suggestion on a set list thread.

Hmmm...

Well, I think that using it for the Saints return to the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina was probably good timing. You know, when The Saints were coming.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if New Orleans didn't have a football team named The Saints, U2 never would have recorded the song in the first place.

That would work... I guess... if you think that Seconds would fit on Zooropa, that is...

Wasn't it a charity single? The reason they chose the song/timing was because of hurricane Katrina... why would they release a charity single 4 years after the event?

lol, dont worry about it man. its your opinion. dont listen to people ragging on you.....
Exactly. Tough little cyberworld here.... It does sound pretty cool with Ceders by the way.

What are we going to do? Now it's all been said
No new ideas in the house and every book has been read...

And I know that the tide is turning 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down

If either of those two songs was to be saved, it should have been Window In The Skies.

If either of those two songs was to be saved, it should have been Window In The Skies.

I was trying to think of how Window in the Skies could fit on NLOTH the other day...I don't really think it does. I really like WITS too. The breakdown in the middle is terrific. But it doesn't really even fit with the pop songs off of NLOTH, like Crazy Tonight. Just cut from a different cloth...and it definitely doesn't fit with Magnificent or Comedy or White As Snow or Moment of Surrender or anything else, really. They did the right thing with WITS by putting it on the compilation.

I think it fits in fine with Crazy Tonight. :shrug: But probably the non-album track that would go best overall would be Electrical Storm.

I think this song was just right on the album it was released.

I never liked this song very much. I give it a listen every 3 months, at least... that, of course, doesn't mean it sucks.

I don't think Saints would fit at all, in the first place because it's a cover, a collaboration with GD, and in the second place it has a totally different feel. And ofcourse, it's way outdated now since it was for Katrina.

Back
Top Bottom