saints should have been saved for NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are 3 things you need to know about why the saints shouldn't have been on the album -
1. It's crap
2. Green day are crap
3. Oh yeah did I mention that it's crap

Although I kinda see your point cos I reckon the Mary j bilge version of one should maybe have been included as well.:huh:

Why should the save such an horrible cover for a great album of ORIGINAL material. In any case, Window in the Skies would be more appropriate, but still I don't think it would feet on NLOTH.

No.

It sucks. Same WitS.

At least from WitS we got the most amazing version of Kite ever. It almost makes up for abomination of WitS. Almost.

There are 3 things you need to know about why the saints shouldn't have been on the album -
1. It's crap
2. Green day are crap
3. Oh yeah did I mention that it's crap

You mean in your humble opinion, right? Music is art and art is subjective.

That said, you in no way have to like the song. I am not insisting any such thing. But is is both rude and just plain wrong to a song or band are crap.

There is a huge difference between "Such and such is crap" and "I just don't like it" or "It doesn't speak to me" or "It doesn't work for me" or any number of more respectful approaches.

In short, be less mean and a bit more respectful is a good idea.

I don't think it's any use trying to talk some sense and dencency here Edge_O, it's what people do these days. If they don't like someone or some song, it's automatically crap. :shrug:

You mean in your humble opinion, right? Music is art and art is subjective.

That said, you in no way have to like the song. I am not insisting any such thing. But is is both rude and just plain wrong to a song or band are crap.

There is a huge difference between "Such and such is crap" and "I just don't like it" or "It doesn't speak to me" or "It doesn't work for me" or any number of more respectful approaches.

In short, be less mean and a bit more respectful is a good idea.

I agree with the whole "be less mean", but why do people insist on having everyone else add "in my humble opinion" on everything they write? We're having conversations and debates here. Everything anyone ever posts is their opinion. Its pretty much the point of this place. Its doesnt mean that someone cant have an opinion that a song is crap without stating its an opinion.

*waits patiently to be told that this is only my humble opinion*

The thread's assertion is the most insane thing of which I've ever heard. Awful especially because it was performed by Green Day -- and a bloody cover!

Yeah--let's everyone stop posting in this thread, huh? Seeing the title pop up every time I enter this forum makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs.

i think saints AND instant karma! should've been on NLOTH. maybe one w/ mary j whatsherface as well.

maybe the extended version of freedom for my people from rattle & hum movie also.

Back
Top Bottom