Saints or Window?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saints or Window?

• Saints

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • Window

Votes: 170 79.8%

• Total voters
they're very different. Saints... the only way I can describe it, is you have to be standing up and leaning forward to listen to it. and that's and awesome thing from U2.

Window starts out one way, and just gets better and better as it goes, and you start smiling more as it goes on. (you can be sitting down, and not leaning any particular way while listening to it).

I will probably be flamed for saying this, but I'm no THAT impressed with WITS. I think it's a nice pop song, and I agree that it's "Beatlesque," but it just doesn't excite me much.

I would actually rank WITS lower than any of the HTDAAB singles.

As far as "Best Of" tracks go, I would place it (well) above THTBA, about even with Sweetest Thing, but below Saints and Electrical Storm.

Saints is crap. The only thing good about it is the cause why it has been made. That is the only thing that justifies its existence.

Window in the Skies is a pretty good pop song.

I'd say WITS is about on par with "Angel of Harlem."

So yes, it's better than Saints (which didn't do all that much for me, anyhow) :wink:

scottyT said:
Saints... the only way I can describe it, is you have to be standing up and leaning forward to listen to it. and that's and awesome thing from U2.

Exactly the same for me! Whenever I'm listening to it I start doing the bono crouch/lean and pretend to hold a mic as I rock back and forth...believe me, its fun.

As for WITS posture, its one of those songs where you just throw your hands up and sing. It's kind of the same as some of the Christian rock I've listened to :hmm:

Original U2 song > any cover U2 does in my opinion

U2 just aren't that great of a cover band, with the exception of "Everlasting Love"

The_acrobat said:

U2 just aren't that great of a cover band, with the exception of "Everlasting Love"

Amen for that, although I disagree with your cover choice.
Night and Day is a fantastic cover IMHO.

The_acrobat said:

Exactly. They have a couple of covers that I like, but I'd never rate them better than any of their singles.

I like the 'rockishness' of Saints but I think I actually prefer Windows after listening to it like 10 times. :drool:

Windows is superior, superior and more superior to Saints.

No contest.

Sicy said:
I like the 'rockishness' of Saints but I think I actually prefer Windows after listening to it like 10 times. :drool:
so sicy do you like this song now? lol i know you werent over keen on it yesterday, has it grown?

Saints is so fresh....even though it's a 1978 song.... anyway, it's fresh because I can smell the roots of U2 in that song.... energy, rythm, youth, it's really cool.

With WITS, I feel nothing else than a good pop melody that fits pretty well with the radio tunes.... It has nothing new, nothing good, nothing bad, no risk, no big guitar..... really pop. Why does it appear in the Best of ???? I have no answer, but it's a big mistake!

At this point I think I actually like Saints better. I have only had a chance to listen to Window a couple of times but it did not grab me instantly. I am sure it is a grower.

RB

Back
Top Bottom