Saints or Window?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saints or Window?

• Saints

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • Window

Votes: 170 79.8%

• Total voters
Saints is a total disapointment, not to mention that the arrangement and the production are amongst the worse in U2's career.
WITS, surprisingly, is different. It has melody, a good chorus and lyrics and several structures in it. A very good pop song.

Deffently WITS... Saints is not a U2 song as its a cover and also done with greenday.... its not the real U2... But that is not really a point of what is better...

But i am really starting to like WITS at the moment.... Saints is a ok song but thats about it.... its a song with power but it just doesent elevate me enough....

i never cared for green day, i still don't know the original "saints" and i am not one of those "u2 rocks" guy, but saints (even if a cover) is much more surprising than windows (which is good but nothing more than u2 in cruise speed running for the christmas hit single).
i prefer the surprising u2 therefore my vote goes to saints.

DontExpect said:

It's kind of the same as some of the Christian rock I've listened to :hmm:

Heard of Paul Colman Trio by any chance?

My vote goes to Window in the Skies. Personally I thought the studio version of The Saints are Coming isn't that great, the vocal sounds a bit whiney in the chorus. WITS isn't the best song U2 have ever made, but it is good, and better than the TSAC studio. Live TSAC was better.

My vote goes to Window as well. Saints is nice treat for all of us starving for "new material", but I prefer Window as a U2 song. Definitely gives you an idea of where the music is going.

Saints is great. Combining two different bands could have been a trainwreck, but I think U2 and Green Day blend together perfectly. I know it's a cover, but it was a song I had never knew existed until U2 covered it, so it's fresh to me. I wish U2 still wrote stuff like this. Instead, we get WITS which is the same song U2 has been writing over and over and over again for the past six years.

Back
Top Bottom