[RUMOUR] Hmv: No Line On The Horizon - Release date: 23-2-2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Lord. Dead Lord. Please let this be true.

Feb 23 2009 is my 16th birthday.

True.
But NLOTH is in the same vein as the last 2.:down:

Unknown Caller would be a terrible album title.
Agreed. On one hand, because it's too vague ("unknown" is vague and meaningless enough for an album title), and on the other hand because the expression doesn't even have musicality.
NLOTH is a good song title, but i'm not sure about being a good album title. I'll only agree with NLOTH becoming a great album title if the idea of double-album ("Sea" and "Sky") goes ahead - then, it'll make all sense.

I'm hoping that the assumption of this album title as NLOTH will be in the same vein as the assumption last album that Vertigo would be the album title. I was in that camp, and I would have preferred that to the inflated title we ended up with.

Hell, I'd prefer something like Unknown Caller as a title just so I can type UC for the next 4 years instaed of NLOTH

I think NLOTH is a lock. Edge all but confirmed it. At this stage last time out it was between Vertigo and HTDAAB, but the feeling was Bomb. If (please please please) it is a double album, I really hope they do the sea and the sky idea. That would be phenominal.

Just as an aside, Does anyone remember before the last album the idea that it would be called Man? To show the progression as a nice rounding out of the process of growing up. The reason I mention this is to put off all those suggesting this will be their last. I truely believe that their last album will be called Man.

So I look at it like this: NLOTH comes out. They tour as usual, visit everywhere they did on the Vertigo tour. They (how unlikely...) release another album either mid-tour so they can play the songs live, or just after the tour, but don't tour for it. They take an extended break of 4 or 5 years. They record in secret when everyone thinks its over, and in 2016 they bring out MAN, the 40th anniversary of the band, embark on their biggest tour ever, tkaing in just about every city imagineable, and they call it a day.

Agreed. On one hand, because it's too vague ("unknown" is vague and meaningless enough for an album title), and on the other hand because the expression doesn't even have musicality.

Maybe it sounds nicer in an Irish accent! I think it's actually quite a nice collection of syllables... And surely vagueness isn't a bad thing for an album title! No point in being too obvious about things is there...

I think I'm just attached to the idea of an "Achtung Baby" style break with tradition. I actually LOVE "No Line on the Horizon" as a phrase and a song title and would be perfectly happy with it as the album title although it has a sort of politeness to it that's running a bit contrary to all the talk of innovation etc. It's just too nice!! I really hope they shake it up with something different, not necessarally Unknown Caller (though I like it a lot!).

I love album title debates! I remember some great arguments on here that there was NO WAY they would call an album "All That You Can't Leave Behind"... I ended up being right on that one! :wink:

Just as an aside, Does anyone remember before the last album the idea that it would be called Man? To show the progression as a nice rounding out of the process of growing up. The reason I mention this is to put off all those suggesting this will be their last. I truely believe that their last album will be called Man.

I think they considered that title for AB.

Album artwork...

This is an official rumor:

2740086850_d0824865df.jpg

No Line On the Horizon is a great title; seriously what would make it perfect is a cover picture with none of the band on it. That Sea and Sky video really made me want a cover just like that.

I'm officially leaking this fake album cover that I just made myself five minutes ago... Or did I? It might be the real thing. :wink:

3075071624_1aa4375302.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom