Rumors...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is all a bunch of lies? goddammit, i want that 2 minutes of my life back! :wink:

Albums come out in the US on Tuesdays, so #1 has to be wrong.

Also, Moment of Surrender is supposedly 8 minutes long, so it ain't gonna be a single much less a hit much less the biggest hit.

Other than that, sounds interesting, I guess.

I have a rumor as well:

-It's a concept album.

You may be wrong about the first statement

Metallica's releasing their new one on a Friday...that whole "albums in the U.S. on a Tuesday" thing may become a thing of the past for future releases

You may be wrong about the first statement

Metallica's releasing their new one on a Friday...that whole "albums in the U.S. on a Tuesday" thing may become a thing of the past for future releases

Are they releasing the album DIGITALLY on Friday and on CD the following Tuesday?

That might be a different way to do it.

Some rumors I have unearthed:

-Bono said it is their best album ever.

-Edge has incredible guitar work, and have some new surprises in terms of sonic texture.

-There are so many gems that won't fit one album, and a follow-up album may come sooner than most may think, as early as next year.

-The mix of the first single has already been finalized, and it will be the same as in the regular album. The title is close to the rumored titles floating but not identical to them word for word.

-The band is resigned to the fact that record sales will not be as much as before due to piracy and illegal downloading so they will only expect good sales up to the Christmas season and expect little sustainability. This new album will not be an "in your face" album with a string of incredible hits on the first listen, but is more of a "grow on you" album where the sum is better than the parts. U2 also are a bit more edgy, loose, and exploratory here because music sales are no longer a priority with this album, but long term interest and sustainability are. But this is not to say that the album won't rock.

-Insiders say everyone will be blown away with Bono's singing here. It is as if he went to a time machine.

-While the exact release dates aren't final yet, the rumored dates are most likely to be the real dates. It will be released 3 to 5 days earlier in some Asian markets.

...qg

Some rumors I have unearthed:

-Bono said it is their best album ever.

-Edge has incredible guitar work, and have some new surprises in terms of sonic texture.

-There are so many gems that won't fit one album, and a follow-up album may come sooner than most may think, as early as next year.

-The mix of the first single has already been finalized, and it will be the same as in the regular album. The title is close to the rumored titles floating but not identical to them word for word.

-The band is resigned to the fact that record sales will not be as much as before due to piracy and illegal downloading so they will only expect good sales up to the Christmas season and expect little sustainability. This new album will not be an "in your face" album with a string of incredible hits on the first listen, but is more of a "grow on you" album where the sum is better than the parts. U2 also are a bit more edgy, loose, and exploratory here because music sales are no longer a priority with this album, but long term interest and sustainability are. But this is not to say that the album won't rock.

-Insiders say everyone will be blown away with Bono's singing here. It is as if he went to a time machine.

-While the exact release dates aren't final yet, the rumored dates are most likely to be the real dates. It will be released 3 to 5 days earlier in some Asian markets.

...qg

Hmmm...this is sounding more and more like an Achtung Baby II. Especially because they are holding back songs for a potential second album to be released later (Zooropa II?)

Though, I'm worried about a "grow on you" album, because outside of dedicated U2 fans, most people don't let anything grow on them...outside of fungus. Fortunately I'm not one of those people, but it is always nice to see U2 receive appeal from the masses for good work.

Are they releasing the album DIGITALLY on Friday and on CD the following Tuesday?

That might be a different way to do it.

No the digital release and the CD release are the same day Friday,September 12th....the only thing they are doing different is that their "fan club" members who pre-order the album through them will get a digital delivery of the album at 12A.M. Friday morning and a CD copy in the mail the next day

No the digital release and the CD release are the same day Friday,September 12th....the only thing they are doing different is that their "fan club" members who pre-order the album through them will get a digital delivery of the album at 12A.M. Friday morning and a CD copy in the mail the next day

hahaha! damn, where do I sign up for that awesome fan club

Can you imagine if U2.com did something like that?

Thats unbelievable.

One thing that Metallica has always done is cater to their fans...I respect them for that. Real nice job on their part.

Hmmm...this is sounding more and more like an Achtung Baby II. Especially because they are holding back songs for a potential second album to be released later (Zooropa II?)

Though, I'm worried about a "grow on you" album, because outside of dedicated U2 fans, most people don't let anything grow on them...outside of fungus. Fortunately I'm not one of those people, but it is always nice to see U2 receive appeal from the masses for good work.[/QUOTE

Hey I remember back in the fall of1991 when AB came out .....it was a "grower" for a lot of people....who had to get used to the idea of U2 with a new sound much different from the JT/Rattle&Hum sound.

I'll be the first to admit.....it took a couple of listens before I "got it"

Can you imagine if U2.com did something like that?

Thats unbelievable.

One thing that Metallica has always done is cater to their fans...I respect them for that. Real nice job on their part.

Yeah but it's a promotion being done through their record label Elektra Records....THERE IS A FEE INVOLVED in addition to being a fan club member...sorry if I mispoke...just being in their fan club doesn't get you the album...the record company has to make money too...lol...and God knows they are hurting these days

Yeah but it's a promotion being done through their record label Elektra Records....THERE IS A FEE INVOLVED in addition to being a fan club member...sorry if I mispoke...just being in their fan club doesn't get you the album...the record company has to make money too...lol...and God knows they are hurting these days

Of course. But it isn't there a fee for U2.com?

So it could be done if they wanted to.

Though, I'm worried about a "grow on you" album, because outside of dedicated U2 fans, most people don't let anything grow on them...outside of fungus. Fortunately I'm not one of those people, but it is always nice to see U2 receive appeal from the masses for good work.[/QUOTE

Hey I remember back in the fall of1991 when AB came out .....it was a "grower" for a lot of people....who had to get used to the idea of U2 with a new sound much different from the JT/Rattle&Hum sound.

I'll be the first to admit.....it took a couple of listens before I "got it"

good point.

Look how that turned out. This next album could be really really big.

Of course. But it isn't there a fee for U2.com?

So it could be done if they wanted to.

You're right there is and after being a U2 fan for years I finally became a U2.com member this year and got a "U2 Go home" CD and T-shirt (from the Slane Castle 2001 concert).....WOW...lucky me...lol

I guess you get a live CD and T-shirt every year you re-subscribe...but I could see U2's record label doing the same thing Metallica's record label is doing.....I'm hearing that the reason why their CD is being released on a Friday(and I apologize ahead of time if this sounds stupid) is to reduce the amount of illegal downloads that would occur between Tuesday and Friday if they released it on Tuesday.....the theory being most people get paid on a Friday(or close to the weekend)...you might be more inclined to pick the CD up in a store that weekend becuase it hasn't hit the illegal download sites yet...but if it was released on a Tuesday...there is a possibility you might decide to download the album illegally instead of picking it up in a store on Friday or that weekend.
Of course you will never put a stop to those people who want to download the album free and illegally...I think it's just a measure to try and stem the tide and lessen the amount of illegal downloads

You're right there is and after being a U2 fan for years I finally became a U2.com member this year and got a "U2 Go home" CD and T-shirt (from the Slane Castle 2001 concert).....WOW...lucky me...lol

I guess you get a live CD and T-shirt every year you re-subscribe...but I could see U2's record label doing the same thing Metallica's record label is doing.....I'm hearing that the reason why their CD is being released on a Friday(and I apologize ahead of time if this sounds stupid) is to reduce the amount of illegal downloads that would occur between Tuesday and Friday if they released it on Tuesday.....the theory being most people get paid on a Friday(or close to the weekend)...you might be more inclined to pick the CD up in a store that weekend becuase it hasn't hit the illegal download sites yet...but if it was released on a Tuesday...there is a possibility you might decide to download the album illegally instead of picking it up in a store on Friday or that weekend.
Of course you will never put a stop to those people who want to download the album free and illegally...I think it's just a measure to try and stem the tide and lessen the amount of illegal downloads

That doesn't sound stupid at all. Many people live paycheck to paycheck...I'm one of them. So your theory has some validity to it.

Its funny, because I bought the Slane Castle CD the day it came out...as I do with just about ALL of U2's releases. So the membership wouldn't do much for me.

unless of course they do some kind of Metallica-esque release. In THAT case...I'll go get my credit card. :applaud:

That doesn't sound stupid at all. Many people live paycheck to paycheck...I'm one of them. So your theory has some validity to it.

Its funny, because I bought the Slane Castle CD the day it came out...as I do with just about ALL of U2's releases. So the membership wouldn't do much for me.

unless of course they do some kind of Metallica-esque release. In THAT case...I'll go get my credit card. :applaud:

Don't you mean the Slane Castle DVD?......I was talking about the audio CD.....as far as I know they didn't release it on CD....in fact if I remember they haven't released ANYTHING live on CD since Under a Blood Red Sky

I worked at many music stores around the US.

and the ONLY day albums (as as dvds) are released is on tuesdays.
(video games on thursdays) No exceptions.

Many stores-- not just large chains do midnight releases on monday nights.

Back
Top Bottom