*rumor* u2 to release new song this week!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A poster over at @U2 is saying:

According to Today FM in Ireland U2 will release a new song this week

discuss

Some are saying they may be meaning that they will be "playing" a new song this week at the first show.
Still cool to speculate.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me.

U2 really haven't toured without playing something new and it will promote the tour & U2 not being a nostalgia act. Ties into looking into the future while saying hello to the past.

And it gives fans a chance to hear a new song before its played live. :up:

Exciting time to be a U2 fan!!!! JT songs being played live & new material in the pipeline

Hmmm not buying it. They're going to gauge crowd reaction and then decide release strategy.

Which is why the fans have to literally shit their pants when the new song is played.

If people go to take their shit in the bathroom, we won't see new music til 2019 or ever again

Seems odd to me to release something new right before a tour of a classic album begins; shouldn't the focus at the moment be on JT?

I imagined they would capitalize on the goodwill from the tour with a subsequent single mid-summer.

At least wait until the intital tour hype wears down.

Seems odd to me to release something new right before a tour of a classic album begins; shouldn't the focus at the moment be on JT?

I imagined they would capitalize on the goodwill from the tour with a subsequent single mid-summer.

At least wait until the intital tour hype wears down.

Yeah, it does seem odd. I am still expecting a single coming late in the tour in prep for a fall SOE release. But who knows.

Why can't Russia hack into U2's studio or computer files and release these songs????

They've clear been rehearsing new material this week so I wouldn't be surprised.

But timing is off. They should let TJT30 run its course first. Then use that momentum for new material in August/September

Won't happen.

Should've gone bigger with the RHMT re-issue to support the tour.

I think the "they should let this tour play it's course first" argument is silly, as what exactly are they selling right now? Everything to be sold has been sold, so why not use it to push what's next as well?

That being said, I'd be stunned to see a proper single release this week. Because it would make too much sense

I think the "they should let this tour play it's course first" argument is silly, as what exactly are they selling right now? Everything to be sold has been sold, so why not use it to push what's next as well?

That being said, I'd be stunned to see a proper single release this week. Because it would make too much sense

I agree with everything.

There is an argument to say that modern marketing principles would advise simplifying things to one message at a time, but I think the logic in this is just impossible to argue against.

Back
Top Bottom