*rumor* u2 to release new song this week!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, does anyone think they're still going to release new music this weekend? I know we thought Friday and then maybe we thought they'd do it today after debuting it live yesterday, but since Sunday is a day of rest and a holy day maybe this will be their gift to everyone??

What do you think??

:hyper:

Hey, does anyone think they're still going to release new music this weekend? I know we thought Friday and then maybe we thought they'd do it today after debuting it live yesterday, but since Sunday is a day of rest and a holy day maybe this will be their gift to everyone??

What do you think??

:hyper:

This must be red hill's alter...

Tuesday used to be when new music came out, so maybe they're going to pay tribute to the old days and give us a new song then! Maybe even the whole album!

You never know! :wave:

Fingers crossed with all the press being in Seattle for the show, that we get some information over the next week.

And not the cryptic shit they usually speak.

From my experience on these forums over the past year or so, these rumours never turn out to be true!

But I sure hope U2 are planning a "little thing" for us all today ;)

Fingers crossed with all the press being in Seattle for the show, that we get some information over the next week.

And not the cryptic shit they usually speak.
Oh you mean like "Just seeing where the music takes us" or "getting lost in the music" etc? Yeah, I would expect the most solid info you will get about SOE is something like "hoping to still have it out by end of the year"

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-inspired-by-eamon-dunphy-1.3083419?mode=amp

Next single (the best thing) may be next year.... [emoji31] Great, just great

Next year? Wow that's just confusing

I refuse to believe this. But we shall see. I mean, common, that Kygo remix of The Best Thing leaked like what, 8 months ago!! That is done!! Ready!! Could been released right then and there. What is the hold up? Donald Trump becoming president? Which makes the songs seem irrelevant? Oh please...I don't buy that either.

Just let those songs go into the world without thinking too much. Just release and free them and yourselves, u2!!

That may just be the reporter making assumptions. Bono is not quoted as saying anything of the sort. Also, they wouldn't be so sure of what the first single is if it's still 8 months away.

Last edited:
I guess plus the fact that aren't playing it so far this tour, it's all very confusing
Well, the Joshua Tree tour is not the I+E part 2 tour.

What is up with those (lengthy) song titles though? Is SoE really going to have both The Little Things and The Best Thing?

That may just be the reporter making assumptions. Bono is not quoted as saying anything of the sort. Also, they wouldn't be so sure of what the first single is if it's still 8 months away.

Good point mate, think I am just getting a little over anxious waiting for news on SOE,

We're going to see a lot of assumptions in a lot of articles over the next month or two. I think it all depends on their touring schedule, and that will be the best clue. If they start booking I&E shows in 2018, then you know the album will be out sometime before that.

May be

May not be.

Remember the great Billboard article of the summer of 2014 that stated Songs of Innocence wouldn't be out until 2015?
And besides, this article doesn't quote Bono saying jack about any release dates. The "maybe next year" bit could quite easily be conjecture based on the band being busy with JT at the moment. Or, fuck it, I don't know.

I still believe that they'll debut a few of the SOE tunes during this JT tour. We'll probably get The Best Thing (About Joey Ramone) at some point.

They are going to use parts of this tour to test out the songs. If they work well with the audience, then maybe they release the album sooner. If not, they'll continue to tinker and second guess.

I like The Little Things, though I'm hoping the album version has some nice atmospherics to take it up a notch

Back
Top Bottom