*rumor* u2 to release new song this week!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything else come up on this? If the poster on atu2 is claiming it was on todayFM, surely there are others that can confirm, or a web stream we can refer to?

Makes total sense, especially if they are planning to play the song in the setlist.

Therefore I am instantly skeptical that it will happen.

I won't hold my breath for anything, but if it's to release it will likely be on Friday and not today or tomorrow, right?

Even if they don't release it officially we're at least pretty much guaranteed we will hear/see the new song from the concert either late Friday or early Saturday on YouTube which is a great surprise [emoji106]

Even if they don't release it officially we're at least pretty much guaranteed we will hear/see the new song from the concert either late Friday or early Saturday on YouTube which is a great surprise [emoji106]
Yeah. I'm going to stay away from setlist spoilers but I am going to download the best YouTube version I can find so I'm able to recognize the song when I see them live.

Yeah. I'm going to stay away from setlist spoilers but I am going to download the best YouTube version I can find so I'm able to recognize the song when I see them live.

Shouldn't be hard to recognize; it will be the one song you've never heard before.

I haven't heard any clips of either The Best Thing or The Little Things yet, so this is one thing I'm going to have to figure out before my show in a few weeks here!

Ha, I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread, but I heard the new song last night in my dream. I don't remember what it sounded like, but I liked it. ;)

went back and listened to Little Things/Sometimes, not sure what it's going to be called, but I'm hoping they hit a bit of a sweet spot with this one. Their pop radio days are no longer, alternative radio is getting to be more of stretch now that huge conglomerates control the bulk of stations and they all play the same thing. 21 Pilots, chainsmokers, Lorde,etc... They still will play Greenday and RHCP's but that's about as old as they go.

So adult alternative and adult contemporary are where they are most welcome. This song seems to capture the band back with their more expansive feel, but with some catchiness and emotional vocals, which i think will do well for them in these formats. Would be nice to see them get a little attention this time around. My one fear is that it is a little 'Walk On-esque' which was always sort of a bland song for me. But it does seem like this one has a bit more drive behind it, and more peaks and valley's building to a powerful crescendo.

Can't wait to hear it properly.

Last edited:
Maybe it will be Friday?? Maybe?? Cuz that's when new music comes out?? Please??

:|

I mean, this wasn't wholly directed at you, Dan. The whole thread is filled with it.

See, I was trying to be as balanced as possible in my response. Despite what the leader of the free world thinks, I believe that evidence is the only way to prove or disprove something. To claim it is, or is not going to happen is just noise. To try and uncover the inputs associated with it to interpret the environment and make an informed judgement is a robust and sound process.

Or it's just fake news?

The fact that you are still speculating about it says it all. It doesn't matter how emphatic.

All I asked was whether there was a standard day for releasing singles. My above post explains that assumptions about the outcome of this speculation are nonsense without any logic or evidence to back them up.

The first line was "it doesn't look good". I'm aware it is highly unlikely. Your argument is fundamentally flawed because you assume my motivations.

It is just wrong to think that there was any sense of desperation in my post. You are factually incorrect.

All I asked was whether there was a standard day for releasing singles. My above post explains that assumptions about the outcome of this speculation are nonsense without any logic or evidence to back them up.

The first line was "it doesn't look good". I'm aware it is highly unlikely. Your argument is fundamentally flawed because you assume my motivations.

It is just wrong to think that there was any sense of desperation in my post. You are factually incorrect.

This isn't a college debate or a legal proceeding. So GTFO with "fundamentally flawed" and "factually incorrect".

Why even bring it up?

This isn't a college debate or a legal proceeding. So GTFO with "fundamentally flawed" and "factually incorrect".

Why even bring it up?

What's "college debate" in pointing out that you are wrong?

And if you are legit asking why even bring it up after I explained a couple of times that I believe it is better to make decisions on evidence than speculation, no matter how clear the answer seems based on assumptions, then I can't help you. Explaining simple concepts three times is two times more than any person should need.

You called me out, and you were wrong. I called you on it, and you have just gone further down the rabbit hole. You aren't the fucking police of what can be discussed, especially when it is directly related to the topic at hand. So you GTFO with your bitching about what other people choose to relevantly discuss.

What the hell is this ridiculous argument. You both bloody well agree that some new song is almost certainly not going to drop in the next couple of days!

again this is like when people seriously thought that Kendrick would release this album NATION right after DAMN was released. it was just wrong but people just ate that rumor up.

What the hell is this ridiculous argument. You both bloody well agree that some new song is almost certainly not going to drop in the next couple of days!

Of course it's ridiculous - I think I have a right to explain myself when called ridiculous, delusional, desperate etc, and if a reasonable defence sparks that reaction, I've got a right to defend myself.

I've got no fucking idea where that came from.

Your gonna wake up tomorrow and it's gonna be there on your phone just like s&i :) just imagine. Random folk would be like " the bastards done it again"

Back
Top Bottom