[RUMOR] Bono says new album may be out in June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Independent article is from December '09, unless something brand new has come out.

The crap at the end definitely seemed like that particular article was padding from Wikipedia, but I'm wondering if the direct interview they're talking about is more recent. Imma cut someone at that website if they're stirring up excitement with nothing new.

Some of these songs we haven't heard of for years, I mean "North Star"? Really.

:lock:

as recycled as the article may be, I hope more and eventually bigger publications start doing the same thing. that way it might pressure the band a bit to release something, or at the very least, give a new interview with clearer plans.

Damn, yo. I almost feel like this thread title should be changed to "Shady internet article claims Bono says new album will be out in June." Because, I'll be honest, I've had a few beers and I got really excited when I read this thread title. Thinking it might be a substantiated interview or something. This is just a cheap and lazy retread of things we've known for ages. Oh well.

I hope Sean O'Hagan says something (I hope no U2 member will say anything in 2 months, I'll take it as a positive sign), I think they're talking about his interview in February last year and adding titles from U2 forums on the net.

new album in june???

by Paul Cashmere - February 13 2010
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Bono is saying the next U2 album will be called `Songs of Ascent’. He should know.

In an interview with Sean O’Hagan, Bono called ‘Songs of Ascent’ the sister album to ‘No Line Of The Horizon’, similar to how ‘Zooropa’ and ‘Achtung Baby’ were bookends.
Atu2.com says the album is expected to be produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois once again, with additional work by Steve Lillywhite.
Some of the songs are expected to be the leftover tracks from ‘No Line On The Horizon’, but some are older.
Songs expected to be used include ‘North Star’, an unused track from ‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’.
‘Winter’, the song that didn’t make ‘No Line On The Horizon’ but was used in the movie ‘Brothers’ is expected to make the new album and ‘Kingdom Of Your Love’, heard in part of the intro music of the U2 360 Tour is also expected on the album.
Other tracks we might find there are “Every Breaking Wave’, ‘If I Could Live My Life Again’, ‘Love Is All We Have Left’, ‘Mercy’, ‘Lead Me In The Way I Should Go’ and ‘You Can’t Give Away Your Heart’.
Bono told the Irish Independent that the album may be out in June.

So how many new songs will they play 3-4 and then how many off of NLOH 3-4???

I assume I wouldnt bet on this one. Maybe they will tour next year too....

Note the word MAY BE, that is changed into WILL BE in this thread title. Totally misleading.

Oh and keep in mind it's Bono who said it. We all know Bono lies.

U2 still "owes" us a single from NLOTH. There were to be four singles - they even gave out special edition boxes on U2.com (in Europe) that were designed to hold four 45 rpm singles. So far, U2 have released three. Given that none of those songs really took off, I wonder if they will release a fourth. I was thinking they might hold off on a fourth single until they restarted the tour, but if there is any truth to this article, maybe instead of a fourth single, we'll get a new album. Hmmm... :hmm:

Damn, I got excited at the thread title. :down: I don't think threads like this should be started unless the news is straight from the band with very specific details. :down:

I got all excited about the possibility of the album being released in June when I read this thread. However, the band's official site cannot back this article up. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom