Rumor: Band is already discussing date release and maybe new single out this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sheep.gif

According to the old News archives over at u2station.com the first officially confirmed details about the last album were made public on September 14th 2004 via Reuters.
These included the following:
* Title - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
* Release date in North America and Europe (November 23 and 22)
* First single details and first radioplay date (Vertigo, September 24th)
* Vertigo and 5 other confirmed tracks to be included as well as a mention of the Kraftwerk cover Neon Lights.
On September 29th the correct tracklist was presented by Billboard.

From the same archive similar details about All That You Can't Leave Behind were unveiled on August 20th 2000 by Jam! Music:
* Release Date, not exact but mentions late October.
E! Online then correctly claims the release date is October 31th three days later.
* Full Tracklist
* First single details and its European release date (October 9th).
* First single video details

There's still some time to wait for full official details about No Line On The Horizon in my opinion. Hang in there, everyone! ;)

If they are releasing the album in February then we should get news about in the next week. Otherwise it means it is being pushed back further.

According to the old News archives over at u2station.com the first officially confirmed details about the last album were made public on September 14th 2004 via Reuters.
These included the following:
* Title - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
* Release date in North America and Europe (November 23 and 22)
* First single details and first radioplay date (Vertigo, September 24th)
* Vertigo and 5 other confirmed tracks to be included as well as a mention of the Kraftwerk cover Neon Lights.
On September 29th the correct tracklist was presented by Billboard.

From the same archive similar details about All That You Can't Leave Behind were unveiled on August 20th 2000 by Jam! Music:
* Release Date, not exact but mentions late October.
E! Online then correctly claims the release date is October 31th three days later.
* Full Tracklist
* First single details and its European release date (October 9th).
* First single video details

There's still some time to wait for full official details about No Line On The Horizon in my opinion. Hang in there, everyone! ;)

So it seems like the info. comes roughly 10 weeks before the release. That means if we're going to get an album for the end of February, we should be hearing very soon. I hope we do because I am really tired of waiting.

So it seems like the info. comes roughly 10 weeks before the release. That means if we're going to get an album for the end of February, we should be hearing very soon. I hope we do because I am really tired of waiting.

I wouldn't take 10 weeks as gospel. The industry is rushing things through these days. With digital, they can theoretically have it available the day it is mastered. I would think that we will see a few weeks lopped off the timeframe there. I remember last time people were freaking out because we should have heard late august or at the latest first week of sept. You can never tell until it happens.

Great sign that Bono and Edge went to O2. If it isn't to be broadcast straight away, they could have done it any day before Kings of Leon play there. Says to me that they have agreed with terms at Universal in london, and are now (if anything) deciding amongst themselves things like tracklist order etc...

History of releases can almost be thrown out the window. I think we will hear something before the year is out. An announcement doesnt effect them at all... they will still get xmas off, just that we get details. Dec 19 is still my guess for date we will hear something. And if we don't, it definately doesn't mean it will be march before we get an album. Feel safe in the knowledge that we can be 90% sure we will hear a new single in a month (by mid Jan) and the album late feb or possibly early march. Not to far now considering it's been 9 months or more since the first beach clips or HQ clips

Back
Top Bottom