RS: U2 makes slight change to album cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
U2 Book Letterman Residency For “No Line on the Horizon” Release Week : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
In other U2 news, and this may be just our little conspiracy theory, but there’s a possibility that U2 have changed the cover art for No Line on the Horizon. The original image featured an oceanic photograph by Hiroshi Sugimoto with an equal sign superimposed on top of it. However, the revolving photograph at the front door of U2.com reveals the same image, without the equal sign. Plus, some digital music outlets are featuring the album artwork without the equal sign as well. With our without it, the album cover is still starkly striking, even if it’s not all together original. There are five different editions of No Line being released, so maybe this other cover will appear on a deluxe version.

The pics on u2.com, amazon, shockhound all do not have the equals sign on them.

I've been wondering the same thing about the equal sign. I've seen conflicting photos around the web. I kind of prefer it.

This is all kind of confusing. Some places have had it from the beginning, some haven't.

My thoughts are if the equals sign stays, it's merely part of the packaging on the CD and the actual booklet has no equals sign.

I like the equal sign :shrug: I though it looked very feng shui and had a cool meaning to it. I hope it's not gone for good.

My thoughts are if the equals sign stays, it's merely part of the packaging on the CD and the actual booklet has no equals sign.

Thats what I'm thinking as well. Some places may be scanning in the cover of the booklet.

As for whats on u2.com... this appears in the rotating images on the front page:
nloth2.jpg

I liked the equal signs, sad to see them go.

But I think they'll be featured in the artwork nonetheless. They are also in the NLOTH promo and were displayed on the screen during the Grammy performance.

I think it looks more artistic without the equal sign. I thought the equal sign was a bit of a WTF. In the end, I probably won't mind either way as long as the music is quality.

The equals sign is the point that in theory there is "no line on the horizon"...without it people will say..."its called no line on the horizon, so why is there one on the cover"

Im for either keeping the equals sign or get a picture with no line on the horizon.

The equals sign is the point that in theory there is "no line on the horizon"...without it people will say..."its called no line on the horizon, so why is there one on the cover"

Im for either keeping the equals sign or get a picture with no line on the horizon.

What you said.

^ Exactly.

I think the equal signs were there to produce some visual effect (disappearing & re-appearing horizon). Without them it's simply a photograph, beautiful picture and all, but a bit boring.

I think there are 2 versions as there are both in the deluxe boxset aren't they (as per pics showing the whole boxset). So I guess it depends on the company selling it, which version they want to show (Univsersal probably sent both). For the regular cd I am thinking it's going to have the equal sign!

I think there are 2 versions as there are both in the deluxe boxset aren't they (as per pics showing the whole boxset). So I guess it depends on the company selling it, which version they want to show (Univsersal probably sent both). For the regular cd I am thinking it's going to have the equal sign!

:hmm: You may be right.

u2nloth.jpg

Back
Top Bottom