Roughly 3 months later, where does NLOTH fall in your album rankings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
omg!!11 i starded a thred!!!111

so now that we've had almost 3 months to absorb this album, where does it fall?

here's my rankings:

1. Actung Baby
  2. Pop
  3. NLOTH
  4. UF
  5. Zooropa
  6. Joshua Tree
  7. Passengers
  8. ATYCLB
  9. Boy
  10. HTDAAB
  11. War
  12. October
  13. Rattle & Hum

1. Achtung
2. J. Tree
3. POP
4. tuf
5. Zooropa
6. War
7. HTDAAB
8. ATYCLB
9. Boy
10. October
11. NLOTH
12. Rattle And Hum

wow. why the hate on NLOTH. surely, you can't think it's that bad...

Relative to their other work, I do. The album just isn't blowin my hair back at the moment. I haven't listened to the thing all the way through since like two weeks after it leaked. I've come to realize recently that the album simply isn't all that great. Sure, it might feel better as a whole than the other 00's output...but the songs just aren't as strong. And let's not kid ourselves thinking that it's better than anything the band produced pre-POP. That's just silly. (Barring the non-album Rattle And Hum, which should be last on everyone's list because it isn't an album)

Plus, there are a ton of other things I'm into right now. Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Carlos Quentin, L&M's, etc., etc.

Relative to their other work, I do. The album just isn't blowin my hair back at the moment. I haven't listened to the thing all the way through since like two weeks after it leaked. I've come to realize recently that the album simply isn't all that great. Sure, it might feel better as a whole than the other 00's output...but the songs just aren't as strong. And let's not kid ourselves thinking that it's better than anything the band produced pre-POP. That's just silly. (Barring the non-album Rattle And Hum, which should be last on everyone's list because it isn't an album)

Plus, there are a ton of other things I'm into right now. Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Carlos Quentin, L&M's, etc., etc.

i guess this is one of those things where it either clicks or it doesn't. i personally think that the strongs are very, very strong, and i'm not kidding myself.

1. Achtung Baby
2. Zooropa
3. No Line On The Horizon
4. The Joshua Tree
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Pop
7. Boy
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. October
10. War
11. Passengers
12. How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
13. Rattle And Hum

Yes, it's better than Joshua Tree.

Also, I think even a fictional character on a television show would realize that it's FUCKING INSANE to think that this latest U2 album is better than The Joshua Tree.

not necessarily. i've never felt that The Joshua Tree was THAT strong. sure, the first 3 songs are great, RTSS is one of my favorite U2 songs ever, but i feel that songs 6-8 are rather weak.

if you refer to my rankings, i feel that there are 5 albums stronger than the Joshua Tree.

JT
AB
*NLOTH/UF
War
Zooropa
ATYCLB/HTDAAB
Boy
Pop
October
Rattle and Hum

*Currently, there are times when UF feels like a better album. The more I listen to NLOTH though, the more I think it's entitled to the top 3 spot...

Only two months but 'ere goes:

1. Achtung
2. Joshua

3. Unforgettable
4. PoP

5. NLOTH
6. October
7. Boy
8. ATYCLB
9. Zooropa

10. War
11. HTDAAB

12. Rattle And Hum

The thing NLOTH has going for it in my reckoning is that the songs are capable of having some eternal power and durability to them, something that was lacking on HTDAAB. The thing going against NLOTH is the questionable flow and vision of the album. There really was no need for Crazy Tonight to be included.

not necessarily. i've never felt that The Joshua Tree was THAT strong. sure, the first 3 songs are great, RTSS is one of my favorite U2 songs ever, but i feel that songs 6-8 are rather weak.

if you refer to my rankings, i feel that there are 5 albums stronger than the Joshua Tree.

Yeah, I didn't mean that at all. Did not mean to insinuate that you are insane, because you obviously are not. It's all good. Who am I to say that what anyone feels about an album is incorrect? Do I think I'm Barack Obama or something? Sheesh. I'm certainly not going to be fixing the American economy anytime soon.

1. The Joshua Tree
2. Achtung Baby
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
5. No Line On The Horizon
6. All That You Can't Leave Behind
7. Rattle & Hum
8. Zooropa
9. Boy
10. War
11. Pop
12. October

And yes, I think HTDAAB is a better album. It's not original in any way but the melodies themselves are some of the best they've made IMO, and is a great mix of straight-out rock songs, slower ballads and some stuff that stops somewhere in between. It takes innovation however, to climb higher so even though TUF is a hit & miss album for me (Pride, Bad, ASOH are some of their best while 4th of July, Indian Summer Sky, Elvis Presley & America for instance are IMO some of their worst) it's innovative as an album and therefore those three albums above are better IMO (of course it takes some great songs as well and they do have alot of those).

Yeah, I didn't mean that at all. Did not mean to insinuate that you are insane, because you obviously are not. It's all good. Who am I to say that what anyone feels about an album is incorrect? Do I think I'm Barack Obama or something? Sheesh. I'm certainly not going to be fixing the American economy anytime soon.

LOL! :wave:

I used rating program i downloaded a while back. Nloth is very good, a little suprised it was as low as it was. SUC and boots really drag it down. If you took those two out it would be 3rd or 4th

1. JT 9.55
2. AB 9.42
3. UF 9.10
4. Pop 9.08
5. Boy 8.64
6. Nloth 8.5
7. ATYCLB 8.36
8. zooropa 8.2
9. Bomb 8.1
10. r&h 8.1
11. october 8.09
12. war 8.09

I suppose it's still where I put it when it first came out. I've been listening to a lot of non-U2 lately after over a month of nothing but U2. I'll have to listen to NLOTH straight through again, it's been a little while

but I believe it to be this

1. Pop
2. The Joshua Tree
3. Achtung Baby
4. No Line on the Horizon
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind
6. Zooropa
7. The Unforgettable Fire
8. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
9. Boy
10. War
11. October
12. Rattle & Hum

#1 is unchanging, 2-3 go back and forth

I really think NLOTH just has really strong songs. I'm not sure if it's quite a classic, but it's very close.

also i've been loving the Magnificent remixes lately, and GOYB Justice.

The Joshua Tree :heart: :heart:
No Line On The Horizon :heart::heart:
Achtung Baby
The Unforgettable Fire
Pop
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Boy
Zooropa
Rattle And Hum
War
October

1. Achtung Baby
2. Pop
3. The Joshua Tree
4. No Line On The Horizon

Exactly the same as the first time I heard it.

1. Joshua Tree
2. NLOTH
3. UF
4. Achtung Baby
5. ATYCLB
6. HTDAAB
7. October
8. Pop
9. Zooropa
10. Rattle & Hum
11. War
12. Boy

I guess... changes for me often though.

I still think it's too early to objectively rank this album, but at this point in time I would rank them like this:

AB
Zooropa
Joshua Tree
Pop
NLOTH
ATYCLB
Rattle & Hum
Unforgettable Fire
War
Boy
October
HTDAAB