Rate: No Line on the Horizon Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How is NLOTH?

• 10: Best

Votes: 45 5.4%
  • 9: Masterpiece

Votes: 240 28.9%
  • 8: Extraordinary

Votes: 246 29.6%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 152 18.3%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 91 11.0%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 4: Mediocre

Votes: 16 1.9%
  • 3: Bad

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 2: Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Worst

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
Well to be honest you do the same on this site, and sorry but your opinion is no more valid than mine or anyone elses, just because you dont like the album, doesnt mean everyone else in the world thinks its crap etc.

Wow...for a second there I thought this was a forum. I'm sorry...can you please tell me how to feel?

Really? I wouldn't say that is realistic at all.

I think what they (and I) mean when they put how long they have been fans before posting negative emotions is an effort to express that they aren't blindly criticising a band they deeply respect. It may also suggest that they know enough about the band's previous work to perhaps have their opinions seen as validated.

well, then that's even worse, it's simply arogant.
I see their previous work for what it really is, I don't live in the past like some people, no media hype for those older albums, no "rock's hottest ticket", no Live Aid, (etc,etc) for me, just music.

...and

and sorry but your opinion is no more valid than mine or anyone elses, just because you dont like the album, doesnt mean everyone else in the world thinks its crap etc.

:up:

Achtung Tree: you don't think Crazy tonight, Boots and Stand up comedy (and Breathe) lift the mood of the album ?

No, I definitely think those songs, in particular, lift the mood of the album overall. They do, on the other hand, seem to be a little more forgettable. Crazy Tonight is a great song. Its the Fez's, the White as Snows, the Cedars of Lebanon's that make this album a bit dreary in my opinion.

War wasn't all good news, but it was aggressive as opposed to somber. This is more funeral than it is statement.

Not a coldplay fan at all...but Viva La Vida was more along the lines of what U2 should have been dishing out right about now.

well, then that's even worse, it's simply arogant.
I see their previous work for what it really is, I don't live in the past like some people, no media hype for those older albums, no "rock's hottest ticket", no Live Aid, (etc,etc) for me, just music.

...and

:up:

I get the feeling I'm dealing with a lost cause with you here. You'll have to forgive me if I do not respond to your messages anymore!

No, I definitely think those songs, in particular, lift the mood of the album overall. They do, on the other hand, seem to be a little more forgettable. Crazy Tonight is a great song. Its the Fez's, the White as Snows, the Cedars of Lebanon's that make this album a bit dreary in my opinion.

War wasn't all good news, but it was aggressive as opposed to somber. This is more funeral than it is statement.

Not a coldplay fan at all...but Viva La Vida was more along the lines of what U2 should have been dishing out right about now.

Again are you stating an opinion here or just trying to force your thoughts as facts?

in all honesty i just think your arrogant, beliving because you dont like something its universally crap.

Again are you stating an opinion here or just trying to force your thoughts as facts?

in all honesty i just think your arrogant, beliving because you dont like something its universally crap.

Go reread what you quoted. Please note I wrote "In my opinion". Thanks!

Everything stated is obviously my opinion. Thats why I say again...I thought this was a forum!

Why do people always have to state that they have been a fan for x amount of years, just to write a bad review?

Well to be honest you do the same on this site, and sorry but your opinion is no more valid than mine or anyone elses, just because you dont like the album, doesnt mean everyone else in the world thinks its crap etc.

I found a picture of you online:

crybaby.jpg

Here's a closeup:

crybaby.jpg

zoots, this is absolutely not allowed. i'm not sure what's gotten into you lately but you should know name calling is against the rules. consider this a warning.

Are you telling me that his incessant whining about other people not liking what he likes has not bothered you mods at all? Is that what you are implying by giving me a warning? lol. This is unbelievable. And besides, where did I call him names? Anyway, I suppose I'll leave this thread now if people don't really see my point.

Are you telling me that his incessant whining about other people not liking what he likes has not bothered you mods at all? Is that what you are implying by giving me a warning? lol. This is unbelievable. And besides, where did I call him names? Anyway, I suppose I'll leave this thread now if people don't really see my point.

I see your point!!!!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but calling someone a crybaby is not allowed. this is not the first time one of the mods has had to reprimand one of your posts. you're on thin ice.

:scratch: I guess we're simply not going to see eye-to-eye on this issue. For one thing, I have no interest whatsoever in whether or not the record is depressing, so that right there is proof that our priorities differ. Secondly, Bono's lyrics are typically greeting card on this record. There are a handful of downbeat statements here and there, but they're consistently tempered by Bono's uplifting bumper sticker-isms. There is absolutely no consolation in songs like Love Is Blindness, Please, or Wake Up Dead Man. And I'm sorry, but One ain't uplifting. That's the most inappropriate U2 song to play at a wedding, excepting maybe With Or Without You.

Basically, Achtung Baby and Pop are albums to slit your wrists to, and NLOTH is not. I honestly can't see how anyone could disagree on this. It's like thinking there's absolutely nothing positive in Forrest Gump while finding a murder uplifting.

:scratch: I guess we're simply not going to see eye-to-eye on this issue. For one thing, I have no interest whatsoever in whether or not the record is depressing, so that right there is proof that our priorities differ. Secondly, Bono's lyrics are typically greeting card on this record. There are a handful of downbeat statements here and there, but they're consistently tempered by Bono's uplifting bumper sticker-isms. There is absolutely no consolation in songs like Love Is Blindness, Please, or Wake Up Dead Man. And I'm sorry, but One ain't uplifting. That's the most inappropriate U2 song to play at a wedding, excepting maybe With Or Without You.

Basically, Achtung Baby and Pop are albums to slit your wrists to, and NLOTH is not. I honestly can't see how anyone could disagree on this. It's like thinking there's absolutely nothing positive in Forrest Gump while finding a murder uplifting.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

The songs you mention do not, in fact, offer any consolation. However, "One" was built in the spirit of a band who was breaking up...only to rediscover their magic. In my opinion, That's reassurance!

I agree..."One" and "With Or Without You" were not choices for my wedding while "All I Want Is You", However was. No, Forrest Gump was positve and murder is depressing...murder is also the subject of "White As Snow" and I'm sure you know what album that song appears on...and that's my point!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion. but calling someone a crybaby is not allowed. this is not the first time one of the mods has had to reprimand one of your posts. you're on thin ice.

:huh: But that is what he is. And I'm not the first person to have called him on that. I remember at least one other person in this very same forum who called him that, a few weeks back. But he didn't get warned. I guess you guys have decided to ban me or something. :scratch:

I get the feeling I'm dealing with a lost cause with you here. You'll have to forgive me if I do not respond to your messages anymore!

yeah, I can see how it would be very inconvenient for you to do that, don't worry, I'm adding you to ignore list anyway, no need to waste time reading posts by another ordinary troll... :wave:

yeah, I can see how it would be very inconvenient for you to do that, don't worry, I'm adding you to ignore list anyway, no need to waste time reading posts by another ordinary troll... :wave:

Not inconvenient at all. You just seem very confused. I question the potential fruitfulness of further examining anything you say. I can't say anything you've said makes any sense. It's barely coherent. I don't know...

Good luck to you!

I love this album, i give it 10, i feel its the best work they have ever done. HTDAAB was abit of a let down for me. still good though. i cant stop listening to this album. YES YES YES YES IM GONNA GO CRAZY TONIGHT .:applaud::applaud:

Nah, Achtung Tree isn't a troll. At least he's not a hit-and-run poster who refuses to explain the statements he makes. He has sat here and conversed with us, even though we were unlikely to ever agree, so kudos to him.

u2 arent releasing songs like viva la vida as it has already been done. i have loved every album by u2 bar boy and october simply because nobody was doing the same thing as u2. the day u2 have to start copying other bands is the day i stop listening to them. and thats not gonna happen.

Nah, Achtung Tree isn't a troll. At least he's not a hit-and-run poster who refuses to explain the statements he makes. He has sat here and conversed with us, even though we were unlikely to ever agree, so kudos to him.

Thank you for your acknowledgement!

I've been aware of these forums for a while, but never joined. The release of the album prompted me to finally join. I can't believe how much information is on here. I'm having a good time trying to recover from the flu while searching through older discussions regarding topics I've missed.

Despite a few people who, perhaps, may have perceived my intentions as ill, I am enjoying the great things this forum offers.

Thank you for your acknowledgement!

I've been aware of these forums for a while, but never joined. The release of the album prompted me to finally join. I can't believe how much information is on here. I'm having a good time trying to recover from the flu while searching through older discussions regarding topics I've missed.

Despite a few people who, perhaps, may have perceived my intentions as ill, I am enjoying the great things this forum offers.

Heh, if there's one thing Interference has, it's information. And, of course, with this many people, that information is bound to be interpreted differently, and then the fights begin. So it's good and bad. The trick is to have the patience to look for the good in it all.

u2 arent releasing songs like viva la vida as it has already been done. i have loved every album by u2 bar boy and october simply because nobody was doing the same thing as u2. the day u2 have to start copying other bands is the day i stop listening to them. and thats not gonna happen.

Well, I didn't mean that literally...but, its just an example of a song that took the airwaves by storm when most probably weren't expecting it. That's not to say that I believe a band's success should be judged by the charts, but its nice to have it recognized. I remember when "With Or Without You" debuted. Everyone was wondering who was responsible for that song. It still hits you like a truck when it comes on the radio 22 years later.The song is Plaintiff, emotional and refined. I'm hoping we can see more songs like that out of U2 in the near future.

moment of surrender is probably the one to do that. although it wont be released as its 7min long.lol. and lets face it even U2 will struggle to come up with a song as good as with or without you again in there career. or will they.

moment of surrender is probably the one to do that. although it wont be released as its 7min long.lol. and lets face it even U2 will struggle to come up with a song as good as with or without you again in there career. or will they.

Duhhh duhhhh duhhhhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom