Rate Boots!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you rate Get On Your Boots?

Votes: 70 7.1%

Votes: 136 13.9%

Votes: 282 28.8%

Votes: 231 23.6%

Votes: 113 11.5%

Votes: 44 4.5%

Votes: 36 3.7%

Votes: 24 2.4%

Votes: 16 1.6%

Votes: 28 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I give it an 8 for now. But at the rate my opinion is changing on it, within a day I'll wish I had given it a 10. :)

When I started playing it my mom said "is that a woman?"

I LOL'd. She said it was "cute" :no:

The song just seems to lack any sort of gravity to me. There are no parts that really blow me away and it doesn't really build to anything bigger. The chorus lacks energy or anything that's attention grabbing. The chorus isn't catchy or interesting and is the low point of the song.

I give it a 6. To be honest I've listened 10-15 times through it today, and I don't know how many times it's going to take to get into it.

negativity? if you are a member of the band than expect you to take this personally, if not, try and gain some perspective, i have a negative opinion of this song, that is all, it's not super happy funtime where i love every note these guys put out, you wanna make an arguement with something i mentioned than do it, otherwise stop wasting your time

:huh:

I gave it an 8. Now that I've heard a nice quality copy of it through good headphones, though, I wish I could give it an 8.5.

I give it a 1. I've listened to it about 10 times now. It just gets more annoying to me. Four and 1/2 years for this? Total rubbish. Sounds like that cheesy '80's song "Wild Wild West". That chorus with Edge and Bono saying, "Get on your boots yeah, your sexy boots", sounds absolutely terrible. Hang it up boys.

I give it a 7, though I'm thinking that 6.5 would be a better option. I actually think it's a great choice for the first single, though. On its own it's not bowling me over, but it has made me very interested to hear the rest of the album. It makes me feel like U2 are being adventurous again, and that is a very good thing. :up:

I gave it a 7 only because the rhythm is interesting and the main riff is pretty cool. The lyrics (verse and chorus) keep me from being completely won over. My only hope is maybe this single version is an edit and the album version rocks out a little longer at the end (the best part).

Happy to hear something new at least...bring on NLOTH!

definite 9

I'm glad I persevered with the beach clips... 4 months of listening to this song... It just gets better believe me...

And finally hearing it dressed up with all the sonics and layers this morning was incredible, genuinely... it was like the unveiling on one of those "xtreme makeover" shows :hyper:

I'd just like to know- people who are giving this as eight, nine or even a ten, :scratch: do you honestly belive this song is up there with the fly, streets, pride, etc? I mean if you're rating this song an eight you obviously do believe it's up there with U2's best

first time i heard the fly, i HATED it. excitement quickly turned to disgust. after several months, it became just ok. of course now, it's one of my alltime favorites. all i can say about this one is if this song is this album's vertigo, i cannot wait to hear the rest of the album. it is already setting up to be 10x better than HTDAAB. :up:

This song deserves no more than a 4. The sound of the verses is interesting, but what destroys the song is the chorus.

jonnytakeawalk - I rated it an 8 but I don't think it is as good as the songs you mentioned. I believe those songs are 10's and the best U2 has to offer. I think at this point this is a couple notches below them, but still a better then average song.

Also, to those who rate this song a 10, are songs like "With or Without You", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", or "Where the Streets Have No Name" off the charts?

Do they get the unattainable 11, 12, 13, etc. out of 10?

7. I think its a cool song but doesn't rank up there with new years day, desire or vertigo for that matter. I think it ranks up there with discoteque and zooropa. Good songs you go back to listen to but not on your list of all time favorites. I think it may land in the crumbs for your table level.

Hell, even "Window in the Skies" is a better song and single than "Get On Your Boots."

I give it a 7, with room to grow on me. Loving the song, playing it over and over just being realistic compared to their entire collection. I too don't understand the 10's or the 1's, but thats their opinion. I look forward to hearing it live. :hyper:

Elevation is a 10 for me. Maybe COBL and SYCMIOYO, also.

GOYB is an 8 for me. I like it, I like the funky parts, the vocals, Larry's drumming... but it just screams "Vertigo 2.0" at me. I can't call that innovative.

That said, I'm getting more and more excited about NLOTH every day.

Back
Top Bottom