Quote from Adam on U218/new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Slow Loris said:
“We basically looked at all the radio playlists from around the world and worked out which songs people seem to like best and put them on the CD."

Then where is 'Angel of Harlem'?

Angel of Harlem :drool:

How is it not possible that they'd be done for a fall 2007 release?

They've been working on it since this summer, it's definitely possible if they stop throwing away good music cough:Mercy:cough.

LemonMelon said:

He said a year, not two years. You can count, right? Of course you can.
Yeah, because a U2 album will never be delayed while Bono does his gallivanting and the band noodles endlessly in the studio.

Think before you post, amigo
tardfg9.gif

actually adam said a little while ago that the new album would be out in the next couple of months.

Good God wouldn't that be a change of pace. Has Adam ever made a lot of comments prior to album releases before?

I wonder if he's better at gauging the band's progress, compared with the Bono.

2004 Grammy's - Vertigo
2005 - Bomb
2006 - Saints
2007 - Window in the Skies
2008 - New single released in Sept. 2008
2009 - New album released in Nov. 2008

It's common award sense people. U2's good like that.

U2Man said:
actually adam said a little while ago that the new album would be out in the next couple of months.

Yeah he said there will be a U2 album out before the end of the year and guess he was right as he said this before U2:18 was announced

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This wasn't made for fans!!! Why is this so hard for people to digest? Compilations are not made for fans, why would they be...:huh:

Maybe this was covered elsewhere in this thread, but I think you meant to say that "U218" wasn't meant for die-hard fans. The CD was definitely made for fans of the group, though. I mean, who are they going to sell it to otherwise? Those that hate the band? "Hey honey, I know you despise U2 with every breath you take, but I got you the new 'U218' CD anyway. Merry Christmas." :sexywink:

Actually, "U218" would make a good gift for Henry Rollins. :hmm:

Last edited:
U2girl [/i][b] Today U2place.com also says Adam was interviewed for the Sun but they claim he said this: - he is getting married in the summer of 2007 - 2007 will be a lot of work for the band said:

this makes the most sense to me.
[/quote]

If this is true, then I concur.

As I wrote, U2 and holiday releases (in the post-JT era) go together. They've had enormous success releasing R&H, AB, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, both "Best Of" albums and now, most likely "U218" in very late October or November, making them ideal holiday CD's. While I don't have the chart data for R&H, I do know that AB, ATYCLB and HTDAAB were big enough hits that they charted in the Top 100 albums the following holiday season as well. As Bono says, the goal is to chart for two Christmases. :)

Also, given how Rubin works, I just can't see him dedicating nearly 2 years to U2 (for a Nov. 2008 release).

The only way I think this would be pushed off to 2008 is if:
  1. Illness in the family issue strikes again (most sad);
  2. Lanois or other producers visit the studio and are very disappointed with the work (ala HTDAAB) causing a remixing, reworking or re-recording;
  3. Bono's causes really pull him out of the studio far more than anticipated (doubtful as he's routinely stated U2 is his top priority);
  4. The album just doesn't flow or come to them as they hoped.

A holiday release in 2007 is 3 years since HTDAAB, which I think is more than enough time between albums. Yes, they did an extensive tour - but they released R&H 1.5 years after JT despite an extensive tour (and that contained 9 new tracks plus many new b-sides!) and they released "Zooropa" 1.5 years after AB despite an extensive tour. So holiday season '07 is perfect.

U2Man said:
I hope for a 2007 release because i don't want to see them throw away all their work with Rubin and hire Lillywhite to mess everything up :scream:

Lillywhite has been involved in some way or another with nearly all their albums. What did he mess up? Atomic Bomb? Sounds like he helped to fix a mess that was already made. :shrug:

IMO Lillywhite seems to bring out more of the 'rock' side of U2 than the others.

As I wrote, U2 and holiday releases (in the post-JT era) go together. They've had enormous success releasing R&H, AB, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, both "Best Of" albums and now, most likely "U218" in very late October or November, making them ideal holiday CD's. While I don't have the chart data for R&H, I do know that AB, ATYCLB and HTDAAB were big enough hits that they charted in the Top 100 albums the following holiday season as well. As Bono says, the goal is to chart for two Christmases. :)

Also, given how Rubin works, I just can't see him dedicating nearly 2 years to U2 (for a Nov. 2008 release).

2. Lanois or other producers visit the studio and are very disappointed with the work (ala HTDAAB) causing a remixing, reworking or re-recording;
  3. Bono's causes really pull him out of the studio far more than anticipated (doubtful as he's routinely stated U2 is his top priority);

A holiday release in 2007 is 3 years since HTDAAB, which I think is more than enough time between albums. Yes, they did an extensive tour - but they released R&H 1.5 years after JT despite an extensive tour (and that contained 9 new tracks plus many new b-sides!) and they released "Zooropa" 1.5 years after AB despite an extensive tour. So holiday season '07 is perfect.
[/QUOTE]

:up:

I think it'll be Fall 2007, and that the only reason to really argue for 2008 is just to keep yourself from getting disappointed if it doesn't come in '07.

Bring it on, baby---I'm shooting for 2007! :wink:

I think if it dose come in 2007 it will be very Main steam rather than slip stream. Dam, this forum is going to need some reinforcing!! Flack Jacket at the ready:wink:

Utoo said:

:up:

I think it'll be Fall 2007, and that the only reason to really argue for 2008 is just to keep yourself from getting disappointed if it doesn't come in '07.

Bring it on, baby---I'm shooting for 2007! :wink:

:yes: Fantastic post. You've just summed it all up. :)

LemonMelon said:

:lol: Credit goes to doctorwho----for some reason it didn't quote properly when I made the post. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Thank you. Utoo's way of posting makes it look like he wrote all that. Stealing my words... why I oughta! :madwife:

:sexywink:

Seriously, Rubin's biggest influence may be the fact that he gets U2 to release a new album in '07.

The trick is that U2 actually LIKE what they made. Clearly they had issues with their work on "Bomb", which is probably why Lanois was invited in for a while. Hopefully that's not true for Rubin.

Back
Top Bottom