Q in the United States

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I GOT IT TODAY!

When the old women behind the counter was scanning it...she stared at it for a second, then looked up to me and said, "I almost didn't recongize Bono without his glasses...he used to be so handsome"

:|

I SWEAR ON MY LIFE!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have in my hands the U2 edition of Q. I picked it up today at the Pike Place Market news stand in Seattle.

You may all bow before me and my awesome Seattleness.

I've been to Pike Place more than a few times.

I actually had a fish hit me in the face there.

I've been to Pike Place more than a few times.

I actually had a fish hit me in the face there.

Rock on, fellow Washingtonian.

.... Washintonian? Washingtonite? :hmm:

Anyway, I love the news stand there. I love knowing I could pick up the Milwaukee paper there, or ... gosh, the latest imported edition of Q magazine!

Maybe they just don't like the fact that U2 kicks those both bands' asses.

I read it today at Borders.

Same stuff that folks here scanned a month ago.

I've gotta say: WTF is with Bono's look? I'm not talking about the makeup, which is fine, it's just that it looks like someone woke him up at 9am and said "You've got a photo shoot in 10 minutes....put on this bellboy's jacket.....here's some leftover fly shades from the 90's......and take this umbrella and hat...."

WTF is that look?

I want to see a rock star.

I read it today at Borders.

Same stuff that folks here scanned a month ago.

I've gotta say: WTF is with Bono's look? I'm not talking about the makeup, which is fine, it's just that it looks like someone woke him up at 9am and said "You've got a photo shoot in 10 minutes....put on this bellboy's jacket.....here's some leftover fly shades from the 90's......and take this umbrella and hat...."

WTF is that look?

I want to see a rock star.

Didn't you just describe a rock star?:wink:

Retro glasses? check
Just woke up? check
Crazy jacket? check
Silly prop? check

cobain-kurt-kurt-cobain-9962290.jpg

John_Lennon_5.jpg

michael-stipe-r-e-m-200a032607.jpg

B & N in Houston has it. Finally. Great interview. First time reading it. (Had a hard time reading the scans.)

posted this in pleba..

thought I'd share here.. :D

hahaha.. get this folks.. I had called my local B&N a couple of weeks ago and was told by the guy that they were going to stop carrying Q. Which pissed me off so I ordered from the publisher after that.. Soooooooooooooooo,

I on a whim decided to call this same B&N back and ask if they had the magazine and the guy said:"the one with U2 on the cover?, I said YES THAT'S IT! ME: how many do you have? him: 4 copies.. Me: I WILL be over tonite.

So I go over there and can't find any on the shelf, I stood there looking for 10 min. So finally I go over to customer service desk and ask where they are (what section) and the lady comes over with me and we both look, can't find it.. So she says "I'll check the back", she comes back with the one copy. I ask: how many do you have? She said: 4. I said I will take them all. She: gives me a weird look.

So, now I have 4 copies plus the one coming from the publisher in who knows how long..:depressed:

posted this in pleba..

thought I'd share here.. :D

hahaha.. get this folks.. I had called my local B&N a couple of weeks ago and was told by the guy that they were going to stop carrying Q. Which pissed me off so I ordered from the publisher after that.. Soooooooooooooooo,

I on a whim decided to call this same B&N back and ask if they had the magazine and the guy said:"the one with U2 on the cover?, I said YES THAT'S IT! ME: how many do you have? him: 4 copies.. Me: I WILL be over tonite.

So I go over there and can't find any on the shelf, I stood there looking for 10 min. So finally I go over to customer service desk and ask where they are (what section) and the lady comes over with me and we both look, can't find it.. So she says "I'll check the back", she comes back with the one copy. I ask: how many do you have? She said: 4. I said I will take them all. She: gives me a weird look.

So, now I have 4 copies plus the one coming from the publisher in who knows how long..:depressed:

:hug:...I'd have done the same thing...:hi5:

What's with the umbrella and hat?

Do explain please.

yeah, it's the most pretentious piece of shit ever made.

and John Bonham was doing that look back in the 70's.

so, you're gonna hip me to a movie from 35 years ago that Bono, the guy who met the Pope and is about relief for Africa, which contains a horrific rape scene, is his new inspiration.

get the fuck out of here.

Back
Top Bottom