Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Great Loris!! Welcome back! :wave:

O, wondrous creature, will the new album feature a sitar---played by a Moroccan paperboy?

Loris, Dude, Will this album feature the Edge on lead vocal, while Bono pretends to play lead guitar on any tracks?

Is it true that this album is so secretive that only Daniel Lanois knows it's true contents and even the band themselves are in the dark? This seems to be the case in most interviews.

Slow Loris -
What isthe sonic and/or lyrical flavor of the new album?
toasted marshmellow? lemon-lime? ambrosia?
just wondering... :love:

Slow Loris, good to see you again. :)

in your opinion, what is the best song on the new album and why?
I have to go with Brian Eno on this one. What is now titled 'Moment of Surrender'. One of the most emotional songs U2 has ever put out, harkening back to the spiritual heights of The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree, while sounding completely unlike anything they have ever recorded before. The most evocative U2 has sounded since 'Stateless'. Oodles of texture.

The Slow Loris rocks! ...even it is slow. Nice to see you back. :wave:

I'm curious if this album will have a non-single with the spiritual power of the likes of Bad, Gone and Kite that turns into a monster in the live show. This is my kind of U2.
Yes, there will be a song that will raise the roof of any stadium, but will not be released as a single. The chant like chorus builds with an overpowering refrain that will encapsulate anything and everything around it into a frenzy of hair raising energy. Stadiums across the world will be shouting this song back to U2. The most unconventional, ecstatic song since 'Bad'.

SL, are you the one who posted the 'rehearsals' videos on youtube?
if yes...would you tell us more about that bear on the 1st one?

just to make things clear and stop worrying about that Lillywhite dude....there's not so much glockenspiel on the album? is there?

is the album not pitched to fast to enable 1983like vocals? will the B use a tricky-echo mic for the tour to 'sing like a bird'?

thank you very much:D

You will love the vocals on the new album! The falsetto is back, and notes are held perfectly for long periods of time throughout the album. A progression vocally from previous albums...no regression.

Loris, Dude, Will this album feature the Edge on lead vocal, while Bono pretends to play lead guitar on any tracks?

Is it true that this album is so secretive that only Daniel Lanois knows it's true contents and even the band themselves are in the dark? This seems to be the case in most interviews.

Daniel Lanois came up with half the album himself, so that only makes sense.

Yes, there will be a song that will raise the roof of any stadium, but will not be released as a single. The chant like chorus builds with an overpowering refrain that will encapsulate anything and everything around it into a frenzy of hair raising energy. Stadiums across the world will be shouting this song back to U2. The most unconventional, ecstatic song since 'Bad'.

If this turns out to be true, I will propose marriage.

Does anyone know the history of the person known as the slow loris? Have they posted information about the last couple of albums? If so can anyone post a link to those old posts thanks! :wink:

Slow Loris -

Is this album going to be 'safe' and 'radio-friendly' like the last two? I'll be pretty upset if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom