Proud to like last 3 Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I thought this would be a U2 party in here, but people really love to insult the last album.

Having listened to the leak for 2 weeks, I LOVE these last 3 albums. All have songs that mean so much to me.

Unless I'm crazy HTDAAB was "the best album eva" 5 years ago... now every post is "I hate it."

But I think most U2 fans are like me. I love all 3.

Just wanted to give some love to last 2 albums that were also great.

I appreciate that you like all the last 3 albums because I do too but I think you are wrong in that people are bitching about the new album! It is getting a better reaction then the last two IMHO. I love this album more then the last two but I still love HTDAAB and ATYCLB

Love ATYCLB, thought Bomb was pretty weak. Really like this new one, one or two 'duds' but maybe they'll grow.

I appreciate that you like all the last 3 albums because I do too but I think you are wrong in that people are bitching about the new album! It is getting a better reaction then the last two IMHO. I love this album more then the last two but I still love HTDAAB and ATYCLB

People are bitching about HTDAAB mostly was my point. But plenty of people hate new album, just it's less now as it's NEW.

Current album = best ever
Last album (regardless of what you thought of it when it was new) = crap/not as good as new album

That seems to me the way a lot of fans on here roll. it's weird.

And Yes I would like an AWARD.

I thought this would be a U2 party in here, but people really love to insult the last album.

Having listened to the leak for 2 weeks, I LOVE these last 3 albums. All have songs that mean so much to me.

Unless I'm crazy HTDAAB was "the best album eva" 5 years ago... now every post is "I hate it."

I'm with you! i am always really into each album and totally pumped for each cd and tour.

since i became a fan it seems like there are a lot of people who subscribe to the "yeah i liked U2 until (insert name of last album)"

When Achtung came out it was "until Rattle And Hum" and when ATYCLB came out it was "until that stupid Disco Album"

It's just the way it is. BUt HTDAAB suffers in a couple places for me lyrically (I was born a child of grace, nothing else about the place)
and
(crying smiling and celebrity)

other than that i really love that record

Then again i think most records have a couple of moments like that (like in playboy mansoin when he says OJ is more than a drink or on ATYCLB with the "hip hop drove the big cars" part) but for me the rest of each album is so good that i don't care about those little things.

Er...I don't think very many people here hate No Line. Just look at the "<Song> is overrated" threads. There will be maybe 3 people who actually have that opinion and 1200 people who argue otherwise.

Also maybe you should take a look at the Rate NLOTH thread. The response has been overwhelmingly positive.

As for the other albums, I enjoy HTDAAB, and I loooove me some ATYCLB. I'm listening to it right now in fact. needed to take a break from NLOTH after listening to it for 2 weeks straight :crazy:

since i became a fan it seems like there are a lot of people who subscribe to the "yeah i liked U2 until (insert name of last album)"

So true! I met a guy who looved U2, thought ATYCLB was great, but HATED Bomb and said because of it he wasn't gonna even give NLOTH a chance :sigh:

I did like ATYCLB and HTDAAB but after listening to NLOTH I like them just a little bit less.

Nah, it's the same pattern as always around here. There's a new album lovefest for the first 48 hours after it leaks, then the haters come out. It was exactly the same with HTDAAB.

But you know what? The internet is full of haters because it's easy to bash other people's work anonymously. I almost miss the 80's when the only opinions I heard about a new U2 album was from my small circle of friends. I've mostly ignored the review threads this go round because the only opinion that really matters to me is my own.

I have also enjoyed the last three albums immensely. In my opinion The Joshua Tree is still their finest moment, but I won't argue with anyone who has a different favorite album. I go into every new album with no expectations and I've yet to be disappointed.

even my least favourite U2 album still scores 7+ out of 10
so, yeah, I like the last 3
very much

I like big parts of the last two albums, but this new one is the first in a long while where I don't skip tracks religiously.

With ATYCLB I like what is technically the first 'side' 1-6 and then it tales off a bit, where as with A-Bomb, my favs are spread out over the album. 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 + Fast Cars of course...

I loved the last 2 albums,but i think the bomb is better than ATYCLB. No grace or peace on earth on the bomb. But No Line blows them out the water,although i could see miracle drug fitting on No Line!!:reject:

Not sure why people keep stating on here as fact that everyone loved HTDAAB on release, and now everyone hates it. For alot of people, it just hasnt aged well, it happens. And for others, like me, I didnt like it much on release day, and I still dont. Who cares, if you love it, enjoy it. Dont worry about what other people think.

I'm enjoying NLOTH more than any u2 album since Zooropa on release day. I love Pop and ATYCLB now, but on release day i had mixed opinions.

I still like ATYCLB and love HTDAAB. They both have some really great songs that will go down as "classics" (for lack of a better word) whether the haters want to believe it or not. Plus the Vertigo Tour is probably one of the best they have ever done, maybe 2nd to ZooTV. They really dug into their catelogue on some shows and Bono's voice found new life.

:hi5:

Yeah, I really, really, really like those two too. I find NLOTH waaay better though

Great thread. People forget that ATYCLB was universally praised by the critics, fans, awards shows, and industry alike, and then HTDAAB went out and won what, NINE GRAMMYS?! Obviously, awards aren't necessarily commensurate with quality, but they at least provide some objective measuring criteria.

And let's not forget the Elevation and Vertigo tours. They were right up there with Zoo TV, IMO. The band was in top form, and the re-worked versions of old classics sounded fresher and tighter than many of the original performances.

People are bitching about HTDAAB mostly was my point. But plenty of people hate new album, just it's less now as it's NEW.

Current album = best ever
Last album (regardless of what you thought of it when it was new) = crap/not as good as new album

That seems to me the way a lot of fans on here roll. it's weird.

And Yes I would like an AWARD.

I definitely agree with you there, although I remember alot of people bitching about HTDAAB when it was first released and the majority on here seem to ADORE the new album. I do like all three, but I am extremely disappointed with the new one and feel that it may actually be the weakest of the three.

I know this thread cannot be so popular due we are prasing Bomb, but I share my love for the 3 discs. They are not changing the world of music, but maybe who cares? I want to be proud of the work and enjoy the songs, production and performance. So here we got 3 winners.

:hi5:

Yeah, I really, really, really like those two too. I find NLOTH waaay better though

Indeed! My sentiments exactly! The last 2 albums both were the soundtrack to some very significant moments in my life. New memories are being made with the new album as we speak. Great times! :up:

I know that I loved HTDAAB on first listen, and for years it was one of my favorite U2 albums. I used to be a member here in 2004 (under a different username), and I remember putting Bomb down as my favorite U2 album. My, times have changed, now it's my least favorite. :hmm:

However, I love All That You Can't, and No Line is definitely living up to the hype. It's their fourth masterpiece.

I really like ATYCLB... it is warm, intimate and soulful. I rate it somewhere between 5th and 7th in my U2 league.

HTDAAB was immediately exciting and I liked it, but it quickly become frustrating to hear. It is 11th in my league (above Rattle and Hum).

NLOTH is currently 4th... where it will end up I don't know.

Yeah, I love their last three albums, I've never understood the hate for ATYCLB and HTDAAB, they are both great albums to me. At the moment, NLOTH is all I think about, but I'll sure go back to the other two albums, and their older stuff, again soon.

You are proud of liking the last 3 albums of a band?
wow :up:

If I could erase one album from U2's back catalogue, it would be, without any doubt whatsoever, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. It is the one album that has harmed U2 most.

Sure. The only decade not to have a commercial and critical flop, and the albums kept getting better.

Its nice that you like them, but I dont think it warrants actual pride.

Replace "Albums" with anything else, makes it sound a bit odd. "Proud to like the last 3..." Pizzas? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom