Promo Activity??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stand corrected, LU :)

I guess I haven't trawled through all the posts/threads properly yet. But if that is what was said, can't argue with it. :up:

Although the start of the "Album Release in October?" thread, just says that a fan was talking to Sam and sam said:

"It has to be ready for October" were his exact words.

Not really conclusive on the actual release date, unless there are some direct, official quotes.

Q4 imho end of october/ early november, it´s christmas time, hooray, sales!

grammy for single promo makes sense too

"It has to be ready for October" does not, to me, mean that an October release date is guaranteed. It means that October would be the earliest possible date and that the album needs to be finished in case of any potential delays.

"It has to be ready for October" does not, to me, mean that an October release date is guaranteed.

You never have a guarantee until it hits the stores
Of course, if there are delays we will wait until April09, har har :wink:

OMG! The album title is out!

It's called Love: Live From The Point Depot 1989! :love:

Since there's been a lot of trawling through old timelines recently for comparison purposes, here's some questions I wouldn't mind the answers to if anyone can oblige:

- When were the details of the Vertigo tour announced (especially for the first US leg and European dates)? I know that the 1st leg had to be partly modified, but when was the initial announcement?
- When did tickets actually go on sale (presales and general sales, escpecially for Europe)?

My memory isn't good, but I have a vague recollection of a terrible day in spring 2005 - possibly in Febuary - trying and failing miserably to score general sale tickets for Dublin, finding out that both shows had sold out in less than an hour, and then feeling disgusted at how many of them instantly appeared on eBay! My thought that day was 'Wish I'd paid the $40 to join U2.com...'

Since there's been a lot of trawling through old timelines recently for comparison purposes, here's some questions I wouldn't mind the answers to if anyone can oblige:

- When were the details of the Vertigo tour announced (especially for the first US leg and European dates)? I know that the 1st leg had to be partly modified, but when was the initial announcement?
- When did tickets actually go on sale (presales and general sales, escpecially for Europe)?

First signs of a tour announcement:

U2, 2005, Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to all U2.Com Members! With the New Year comes more info on the tour announcement.

Rest assured that we will be letting you know all the details and dates for the 2005 U2 tour in good time for you to book your tickets.

The tour announcement has been put back, as Paul McGuinness, U2's manager, explained.

'We've postponed the announcement of the tour because the routing is still being worked on. As soon as we get everything confirmed over the coming weeks, we'll let you know.'

Here's the tour announcement:

'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE!

The dates, cities, venues and ticket information on the tour we've all been waiting for!

U2 will begin the first leg of their Vertigo//2005 world tour in San Diego on March, 28th 2005.

Vertigo//2005 will visit 13 cities in North America before arriving in Brussels on June 10th for the first of 24 scheduled European performances, finishing up in Lisbon in the middle of August.

Here's the detail - get ready to book!

Original Sale Dates were announced on the 23rd also:

Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th; tickets for
Brussels go on sale Saturday, January 29th and tickets for Dublin go on sale on Friday 4th February. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the coming weeks.)

Presale Dates:

Date Venue City Pre Sale Start

All pre sales start at 10am local time
March 28th Sports Arena San Diego, CA 25/01/05
April 1st Arrowhead Pond Anaheim, CA 25/01/05
April 5th Staples Center Los Angeles, CA 25/01/05
April 9th HP Pavilion San Jose, CA 25/01/05
April 14th Glendale Arena Phoenix, AZ TBC
April 20th Pepsi Center Denver, CO 25/01/05
April 24th Key Arena Seattle, WA TBC
April 28th General Motors Place Vancouver, BC TBC
May 7th & 9th United Center Chicago, IL 25/01/05
May 14th Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA 25/01/05
May 17 & 18 Continental Airlines Arena East Rutherford, NJ 25/01/05
May 21 Madison Square Garden New York, NY 25/01/05
May 24 & 26 Fleet Center Boston, MA 25/01/05

All Pre Sales start 10am GMT

June 10th King Baudouin Stadium Brussels 25/01/05
June 12th Schalke Stadium Gelsenkirchen 07/02/05
June 14th City of Manchester Stadium Manchester 25/01/05
June 18th Twickenham Stadium London 25/01/05
June 21st Hampden Park Glasgow 25/01/05
June 24th Croke Park Dublin 31/01/05
June 29th Millenium Stadium Cardiff 25/01/05

July 2nd Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna 01/02/05
July 5th Slaski Stadium Katowice TBC
July 7th Olympic Stadium Berlin 07/02/05
July 9th Stade de France Paris 31/01/05
July 11th Letzigrund Stadium Zurich 07/02/05
July 13th Arena Amsterdam 01/02/05
July 19th San Siro Milan TBC
July 23rd Olympic Stadium Rome TBC
July 27th Vallehovin Stadium Oslo 01/02/05
July 29th Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg 01/02/05
July 31st Parken Copenhagen 01/02/05

August 3rd Olympic Stadium Munich 07/02/05
August 5th Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann Nice 31/01/05
August 7th Camp Nou Barcelona TBC
August 9th Anoeta Stadium San Sebastian TBC
August 11th Estadio Vicente Calderon Madrid TBC
August 14th Alvalade Lisbon 08/02/05

I had forgotten that the presale dates started almost immediately after U2.com announced the dates. :yikes:

First signs of a tour announcement:

Here's the tour announcement:

Original Sale Dates were announced on the 23rd also:

Presale Dates:

I had forgotten that the presale dates started almost immediately after U2.com announced the dates. :yikes:

Hmm, there must have been changes to the schedule after this original posting because U2 played Wachovia on May 22nd :hmm:

Oh wait, they probably added a show :doh:

Catherine Owens might be there to help with the album artwork. I heard a few weeks ago that she is going to help with that. Maybe she's doing both the artwork and some kind of filming, since there was so much equipment at the studio.

Where's Anton Corbijn at the moment? Let's hope they're finishing the record in the next weeks, and shooting some with him soon. Hopefully we get a music video from him during this cycle :drool:

Just to contribute: a Brazilian fan, Juliana Marques, was there and took some photos:

"One Electric Ltd - TV outside broadcasting"

10062008628copy.png

Catherine:

10062008631copy.png

source:
U2 em estúdio só em 2008. - Página 52 - Fóruns da Ultraviolet

The women with the green bag looks as if she has a nice arse. I think they were doing some promo shots :hyper:

Corbijn isn't U2's private property, he has worked with a lot of other artists.

It's only a strange coincidence that Coldplay are working with both Eno and Corbijn on an album that is released only months before U2 release an album.

Corbijn isn't U2's private property, he has worked with a lot of other artists.

It's only a strange coincidence that Coldplay are working with both Eno and Corbijn on an album that is released only months before U2 release an album.

I've kinda wanted to stay out of the whole Coldplay/U2 thing but someone dropped a quote on here a few days ago about how Chris Martin had said that he traced Coldplay's records by U2's back catalogue. This new album is apparently their Unforgettable Fire. I think this is a bit lame really, I remember an interview with Bono in the 80's, I think, where he was asked about advice for young bands and he said "don't try to sound like anybody else, follow your own path..." (and i paraphrase). I honestly think that Coldplay are out of their depth musically at the moment and it shows, but that is none of my business as I'm not really a fan. The Anton thing is again a bit foolish, but he is IMO the best around. For me though Anton's band will always be Depeche Mode, whatever he did for U2, he did for Depeche 10x better. I honestly believe that he gave Depeche an aesthetic that actually saved them artistically and gave them a way forward in the late 80's.

Back
Top Bottom