Predictions For The New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: I'd love that. Still my fave beachclip!

I wasn't a huge fan of that one. Seems pretty generic to me... I really like the Thank You one. The piano has a really nice R&B chord progression.

Although knowing U2 we'll never see final recordings of anything that's leaked or been played live. No Mercy, EBW, Stingray, Glastonbury, North Star, etc. I would be fine with that. I want new stuff!

Kite (especially live 2006) and MOS are the two best songs of the '00s. More of that please, the bittersweet ache of coming to terms with loss, with what will never be, and the space between who we are and what we were and what we wish we were.

I think the earlier prediction of "expansive" will be right on the money.

TOTALLY :up:

My prediction is that this will be the most relevant piece of work the band has released in a decade. Grammy worthy. Top 40 worthy. Call it wishful thinking but I have a good feeling about what's next.

My prediction is that this will be the most relevant piece of work the band has released in a decade. Grammy worthy. Top 40 worthy. Call it wishful thinking but I have a good feeling about what's next.

I'm getting that feeling too, but I could be totally wrong. That could be a good thing or a bad thing for the quality of the album, but I think highly of Danger Mouse, so that makes me a bit more optimistic. We'll see. No one really has a clue what this thing will sound like.

I'm getting that feeling too, but I could be totally wrong. That could be a good thing or a bad thing for the quality of the album, but I think highly of Danger Mouse, so that makes me a bit more optimistic. We'll see. No one really has a clue what this thing will sound like.

I really respect DM as a great talent. I think in this day and age the number of people who can make U2 relevant in their music again is a very small number considering the pedigree and standards the band has set for themselves. I have faith that DM will have a big record on his hands when this thing drops. *fingers crossed*

based on the response to Invisible I'm inclined to agree

They've really embraced social media - promoting Invisible on Facebook, #NewU2Song twitter feed on U2.com - and it's working. Partnering up with Bank of America could have been a disaster, but I think it was brilliant. Basically they just made BoA give away a bunch of money and 3 million people got a free song out of it. Then continuing to have the proceeds go to (RED) - smart. It makes people view U2 positively and it makes them feel good about themselves for donating to charity. Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like there's a shift happening, and you're seeing less of "BONO IS A DOUCHE AND U2 SUXXX" and more "oh, U2 is pretty cool. Bono's a good guy."

not around here of course, I mean out in the real world ;)

also, I'm predicting a surprise release. It's just a gut feeling.

Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like there's a shift happening, and you're seeing less of "BONO IS A DOUCHE AND U2 SUXXX" and more "oh, U2 is pretty cool. Bono's a good guy."

not around here of course, I mean out in the real world ;)

:lol:

also, I'm predicting a surprise release. It's just a gut feeling.

That's what I'm saying...gut feeling too...but who knows...:shrug:

bowie fans have used the "best since scary monsters" line for every post 1980 album. And proly even more so since the first tin machine album. u2 fans can't even get this right. whats u2's scary monsters? Cause if you go by this boards, its boy,oct,war,tuf, tjt,rah ,ab ,zoo, pass, pop atyclb,htdaab, nloth, depending on what day it is. ironic since SM was released same year as boy.

You have a good feeling about what's coming because you think it will light up the charts/be "grammy worthy" or because you think what's coming will actually be great?

The Grammys are a complete joke :shrug:

I predict a mix of ballads, rockers and (brace yourself) "experimental tracks." More of a career spanning album, taking bits from each era. Getting the sense that any future release could possibly be the last one, and I doubt they're going to risk putting out something that could potentially alienate the masses. If that happened, then it's another 4 to 5 years to win the people back, and it's up in the air as to whether they'd have the drive for another go-around. They ain't spring chickens.

I predict a mix of ballads, rockers and (brace yourself) "experimental tracks." More of a career spanning album, taking bits from each era. Getting the sense that any future release could possibly be the last one, and I doubt they're going to risk putting out something that could potentially alienate the masses. If that happened, then it's another 4 to 5 years to win the people back, and it's up in the air as to whether they'd have the drive for another go-around. They ain't spring chickens.

Sounds like NLOTH...

You have a good feeling about what's coming because you think it will light up the charts/be "grammy worthy" or because you think what's coming will actually be great?

The Grammys are a complete joke :shrug:

Yeah, if Grammys mean anything than How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is the greatest album ever made.

I want an album of some dreamy, reflective, atmospheric tracks, Edge-heavy and a little bit of Bono here and there...think Beach Sequence or Bass Trap.

I want to hear a lot of big, dumb choruses about getting out there, showing love to others, being soulful and curing AIDS.

If Edge does anything beyond play three-note riffs high up on the fretboard with lots of reverb and delay, I'll run the album over with my car and troll this forum hourly.

Adam and Larry's performances should be so mediocre and uninspired that you'll wonder if Bono isn't playing the instruments himself.

Relevant genre tags: mom rock, dad rock, SUV core

I really think they should call it "White Dwarf," what with Bono speaking on numerous occasions of the band being on the precipice of irrelevancy.

also Bono is kind of a white dwarf

I would not be surprised to see the album pushed back to fall of '14 at the earliest. Maybe it's just me, but they've been talking about the huge amount of material they have amassed since 2010, and talking about near term releases since even before that time. :reject:

I want to hear a lot of big, dumb choruses about getting out there, showing love to others, being soulful and curing AIDS.

If Edge does anything beyond play three-note riffs high up on the fretboard with lots of reverb and delay, I'll run the album over with my car and troll this forum hourly.

Adam and Larry's performances should be so mediocre and uninspired that you'll wonder if Bono isn't playing the instruments himself.

Relevant genre tags: mom rock, dad rock, SUV core

This is my vote for post of the week.

Who needs them to put out tracklist? if you have a thesaurus and a over active imagination you can come up with it on your own.

1.fascinating forenoon
2.north by northwest
3.hour of reconciliation
4.suspire
5.revelation for a afternoon
6.rainsquall
7.phenomenon physic
8.wedged spell
9.unforeseen denizen
10.parking lot prayer
11.kneeling asinine
12.passage of space