Predict the first leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The album will leak in the first week of November.

Honestly, if it's that similar to last time, you've got to be a little suspicious of who is actually doing the leaking. It almost seems as if it's part of the release process or something...

Besides "In Rainbows", I don't think there has been an anticipated release that has NOT leaked at least 2 weeks before release. All albums (almost without exception) leak 2-4 weeks before their release date.

Not entirely true. Coldplays X&Y was a pretty good example of keeping things close. I believe that one leaked only like two days before retail. Security will be tight around this album, as expected, so I wouldn't plan on any leaks until promotional copies are handed out to publications. It could be as close as a week until release. :down:

some radio station in california claimed they were gonna play vertigo a month or so before it's release... got to the time when the song was supposed to play and henry rollins came on the radio. u2 fans got punk'd

Yeah, I remember that.

I think the first time I heard Vertigo it was due to a Spanish radio station leak or something like that. 6-8 hours later, there was a leak of the song without the voice of the dj interupting the song.

I predict we'll see a leak about a week or two before the song hits the airwaves. Radio stations are supposed to get the single well in advance of the official playdates so they can get first listens and start promoting the single. That is usually the time that the songs get leaked. So if they are saying that the song will be on the radio in mid September, then we'll probably get a listen in the beginning of the month.....soooo, basically by my calcualtions we'll have a new U2 single in a couple of weeks!

I think "Sexy Boots" will be the first single, officially released 9/10/08 and leaked 9/03/08.

The album will be november 18th and leaked by the first week of november.

Back
Top Bottom