Predict the first leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd say September too. U2 are having holidays and PM in Dublin is closing.

I'm surprised about u2.com, they filmed the video in Cadiz and we didn't get a word from the official site. Usually they like to put news at first! :hmm:

:lol::laugh::lmao:

Australian Radio station Nova was the first to play a snippet of Vertigo - in an ad the day before it's actual release to radio. Vertigo's leak date was also it's release date to radio - 24 September. That was 6 weeks before it's official CD release.

Atomic Bomb was leaked on 6 November, 16 days before it's official release date of 22 November (though we Aussies got the CD on Saturday 20 November).

I'm tipping the leak and release dates for the new single & album will each be 5 days earlier than 2004: ie single will leak on 19 September, album will leak on 1 November.

I remember when a radio add came out and got leaked that had something like "this is U2's New single and we will play it first" or something in the same lines and they played MW as well as other snippets of other U2 songs and then at the end of the commercial they put a snippet maybe a few seconds of vertigo and it sounded fucking amazing! Then I think by that evening it had fully leaked and by the next day the single was actually released to all radios. Was a great moment!

Thats the one!

had a few different songs at the start, then after the announcer said he found it online, you heard, "hello hello!!!" very great moment

Now, what if there were no leaks?

I wouldn't put it past Henry Rollins pretending again to debut the next U2 single. I remember listening for hours all that crap music he put on to fool the fans. I hope the board here has enough memory to prevent that jerk from doing it again.

llol henry rollins. that fuckin shit was horrible. we had like 300 ppl just chillin, waitin for vertigo and he was like I HATE U2. that sucked. i totally remember that. i think they played "I Fall Down" like 30 times. =\.

LOL I remember the Henry Rollins thing. I was up till 2 am waiting for Henry Rollins to play the song and he didn't. I remember he said the radio station sent some kid to try and find it off the internet but he couldn't and that he hated U2 anyways.

Ahhh memories.

I think what I should've said that by leak I meant someone getting a bootleg beach recording of some kind of it; not a radio station leaking it a day early.

So I still say 8/6/08

i'm afraid that some of you are setting yourselves up for a dissapointment. if the release date is indeed November 18th, the new single will probably be released to radio right around two months prior. i really doubt we'll hear the new single before its radio release. Also, the record companies are starting to do a much better job at preventing album leaks. i still think it will leak early, but not 3 weeks like HTDAAB.

so my predictions on the leaks are:

NLOTH (new single) - Sept. 18
New Album - November 8th

i'm afraid that some of you are setting yourselves up for a dissapointment. if the release date is indeed November 18th, the new single will probably be released to radio right around two months prior. i really doubt we'll hear the new single before its radio release. Also, the record companies are starting to do a much better job at preventing album leaks. i still think it will leak early, but not 3 weeks like HTDAAB.

so my predictions on the leaks are:

NLOTH (new single) - Sept. 18
New Album - November 8th

NNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:sad:

This place has been famous for leaks and bootlegs for years now.......I just can't live with it not leaking!!!!!!

:sexywink:

My prediction:

First single: No Line On The Horizon

Leak Date: (I would've thought we'd heard it by now), but forgeting that: August 6th.

Go.

I was close; a fews days off, and we got 5 clips instead of one, none of which is confirmed as NLOTH.

But not too bad I must say.......:sexywink:

i thought you meant the actual leak of the song. a proper recording. otherwise i'd have revised mine. still, nice job.

i thought you meant the actual leak of the song. a proper recording. otherwise i'd have revised mine. still, nice job.

Yeah, I know there was some confusion about that.
What I meant was exactly what we've gotten; beach clips leaked.....
:drool:

I think what I should've said that by leak I meant someone getting a bootleg beach recording of some kind of it; not a radio station leaking it a day early.

So I still say 8/6/08

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom