Post Here If You're Still Holding Out Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still holding out?

• Total voters
I have it in my room and still haven't listened to it yet (too busy). So I'm still holding out. :wave: Oh, and Target didn't have the box set. :grumpy:

At a glance; looks like quite a few of those who were able to wait ended up being unenthusiastic about the album when it finally came......

I wonder if that goes hand in hand with physically being ABLE to wait? I sure as hell couldn't have and I love the album!?!?!?

Just throwing it out there.....

Waiting or not waiting has no correlation with loving or not loving the album. I waited to hear the album on it's release date, and I love the album. I think it is beautiful top to bottom, and one of the best albums they have ever made. They sound fresh and rejuvenated. They also seem excited about taking this album on the road. It feels like the entire band is on board with this music. Could end up being their best, who knows at this point?

To those not entirely enthusiastic, give the album a good 8-10 listens first before rushing to judgment (sounds like a prescription, I know) . I caved in a week or two ago with the MP3's and liked it at first, but not completely overwhelmed After buying the CD today and listening to it uninterrupted, the album really is starting to sink in for me.

Yes doctor. :)

No, that's how it always works for albums with me... it usually takes an number of listens and a few months or so before I figure out whether or not it's good in the long run or not. I imagine a lot of my ratings will change quite a bit between now and then too, so nothing's written in stone here.

Still shocked I waited until the actual CD came out though! Don't know if I'm capable of doing that again in the future either.

How would the exact time of when you first hear something for the first time effect how you feel about it? Do you think had I listend 2 weeks ago I'd ahve been blown away upon first listen? I doubt it. Or are you suggesting that because we were able to wait we weren't as enthusastic about hearing it in the first place therefor less likely to like it anyways? Or are you saying those of us who waited are judging it more objectivly? I'm not even sure what you're getting at. :lol:

For the record I will ALWAYS approach listening to and buying U2's albums this way. I will always wait to hear the album they very day I'm able to have the real thing in my hands. It's how I like to do it and really it has no impact on how I'm gonna react to each album.

I don't mean to suggest that when you listen will make you like it more or less. I simply ask the question of whether the ability to wait, which I certainly never would have, might end up having a correlation to those who end up not being excited about it. I don't know that it would....but the posts I'm seeing on this thread would suggest that's not entirely crazy.... Just spit-balling!

Hmmm.... I don't know Niceman. personally I don't think waiting has anything to do with it at all. Is there not an entire thread dedicated to not really liking NLOTH that was started by and contributed to by people who listend to the album when it leaked?

One thing that has bugged me in this thread is those who didn't wait just don't get or refuse to get why those of us who waited did so. It's been explained endless amounts of times. It wasn't for the booklet. It wasn't for superior sound quality. It wasn't to prove anything. We simply waited to have the entire experience as one. Buying the album, having it in our hands, listening to it all on the same day. Simply put for me it's not as exciting to simply click a button and hear the album. I want to buy a U2 album the way I've always bought albums. It just seems more special to walk into the store, grab the album, have that build up of anticipation as you walk back to your car and then finally hear it for the first time all in one shot. I've said this before. It's like wanting to experience Christmas day in all it's glory on Christmas day. It kinda pisses me off when people say "was the booklet worth the wait?" I mean seriously that's not why any of us waited.

Hmmm.... I don't know Niceman. personally I don't think waiting has anything to do with it at all. Is there not an entire thread dedicated to not really liking NLOTH that was started by and contributed to by people who listend to the album when it leaked?

One thing that has bugged me in this thread is those who didn't wait just don't get or refuse to get why those of us who waited did so. It's been explained endless amounts of times. It wasn't for the booklet. It wasn't for superior sound quality. It wasn't to prove anything. We simply waited to have the entire experience as one. Buying the album, having it in our hands, listening to it all on the same day. Simply put for me it's not as exciting to simply click a button and hear the album. I want to buy a U2 album the way I've always bought albums. It just seems more special to walk into the store, grab the album, have that build up of anticipation as you walk back to your car and then finally hear it for the first time all in one shot. I've said this before. It's like wanting to experience Christmas day in all it's glory on Christmas day. It kinda pisses me off when people say "was the booklet worth the wait?" I mean seriously that's not why any of us waited.

Hmm.... I'm not being understood. Sincerely apologize if I've offended. Later!

Waiting or not waiting has no correlation with loving or not loving the album. I waited to hear the album on it's release date, and I love the album. I think it is beautiful top to bottom, and one of the best albums they have ever made. They sound fresh and rejuvenated. They also seem excited about taking this album on the road. It feels like the entire band is on board with this music. Could end up being their best, who knows at this point?

:hi5: I agree with you! I held out until the 27th and wasn't really hyper when I bought it that morning, but I immediately realised the potential when I first heard it, now got the album+NLOTH2 on my ipod on shuffle and repeat, and its' growing on me even more.
The only thing not growing on me is Cedars, the rest, oh yea! :rockon:

:hi5: I agree with you! I held out until the 27th and wasn't really hyper when I bought it that morning, but I immediately realised the potential when I first heard it, now got the album+NLOTH2 on my ipod on shuffle and repeat, and its' growing on me even more.
The only thing not growing on me is Cedars, the rest, oh yea! :rockon:

Rock on!! I listened to Cedars just a few moments ago, barely awake. In my half awake, half asleep mode of reality, the song jumped out at me. I heard sounds in the song I had not heard before. Now, it's Fez-Being Born....whoah. It also is sounding better than it had before......what a great album this is.

Hey guys:wave:
I'm not a holder outer anymore cuz I got the album yesterday and I've been listening to it every waking moment since then:lol:
I totally love every single song and I'm sooooo glad I held out. I was so excited going to HMV to get it. I like ran in there grabbed it and paid and ran out to my car and blasted it the whole way home. OMG it was sooo much fun:D
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it too:hug:

Hey guys:wave:
I was so excited going to HMV to get it. I like ran in there grabbed it and paid and ran out to my car and blasted it the whole way home. :

:lol: I did exactly the same thing, I got an early bus to my town centre on Monday morning, dashed into HMV, scanned the shop for the U2 display (which was big enough BTW :wink:), picked up the boxset and paid for it immediately. I guarded it with my life on the bus ride home. :D I'm determined to keep something so lovely in tip top condition.

:lol: I did exactly the same thing, I got an early bus up to my town centre of Monday morning, dashed into HMV, scanned the shop for the U2 display (which was big enough BTW :wink:), picked up the boxset and paid for it immediately. I guarded it with my life on the bus ride home. :D I'm determined to keep something so lovely in tip top condition.

:lol:That's awesome!
Yeah I just picked up the standard cd but I was still thrilled. It was kinda funny cuz I went into the store and there was this big display right in the front and there were a few people standing there looking at the new cd and I kinda pushed right past them and grabbed it and went straight for the checkout. They were looking at my funny cuz I didn't even stop to look at the back of the cd or anything:lol:

I got an e-mail from Barnes & Noble today that my ship date has now been pushed back to April 2. They've already run out of boxsets and are waiting for more to come in. So upset! I'll hit Target today and pick up the basic version of the CD and the new Rolling Stone.

I got an e-mail from Barnes & Noble today that my ship date has now been pushed back to April 2. They've already run out of boxsets and are waiting for more to come in. So upset! I'll hit Target today and pick up the basic version of the CD and the new Rolling Stone.

APRIL???? :crack: Jebus!

April????????? :der: :scream: :hug:

Jeez...and I was bummed because mine not arrive until Monday. I guess I'm lucky!

Love Magnificent:heart:
I've been playing it constantly since I've been home and I have a night class tonight but as soon as I get home again it's gonna be back on:D

For sure..I LOVE IT!!! My fav song right now is definitely Moment of Surrender!! I instantly melt when it plays...

I'm like that with magnificent, I have to keep playing it over and over. :heart:
And moment of surrender is just soooooooo beautiful isn't it? I know what you mean about melting........

I'm like that with magnificent, I have to keep playing it over and over. :heart:
And moment of surrender is just soooooooo beautiful isn't it? I know what you mean about melting........

:wave:
Yeah they performed Magnificent on Letterman last night and it was awesome:hyper:
Moment of Surrender has definitely become my fav track off the entire album. I love everything about it-->I really like how it's slower and Bono's vocals OMG:drool:

Yeah they performed Magnificent on Letterman last night and it was awesome:hyper:
Moment of Surrender has definitely become my fav track off the entire album. I love everything about it-->I really like how it's slower and Bono's vocals OMG:drool:

I know, I really love the vocals on magnificent and moment of surrender. :drool: such good vocal delivery on those songs in particular :up:

Magnificent and moment of surrender are my two faves at the moment :heart:

The only song not doing much for me is unknown caller still. I love stand up comedy and I'll go crazy :heart: that line 'every beauty needs to go out with an idiot' is just great :D

I know, I really love the vocals on magnificent and moment of surrender. :drool: such good vocal delivery on those songs in particular :up:

Magnificent and moment of surrender are my two faves at the moment :heart:

The only song not doing much for me is unknown caller still. I love stand up comedy and I'll go crazy :heart: that line 'every beauty needs to go out with an idiot' is just great :D

Yeah I love that lyric too:D
I like Magnificent too. My top two favs right now though would have to be Moment of Surrender and No Line on the Horizon:love:
Jeez I just love them all:heart:

Yeah I love that lyric too:D
I like Magnificent too. My top two favs right now though would have to be Moment of Surrender and No Line on the Horizon:love:
Jeez I just love them all:heart:

'Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot'.....yeah spot on bono. :D Theres some great lyrics on this album I think, also the odd dodgy lyric as well though. :lol:

Yep the album is just great methinks :hyper: I also love moment of surrender, so beautiful. :heart:

:yippie: . . . only a couple more NLOTH virgins left to pop their cherries and 'listening party here we come' :applaud:

had a quick scroll through the previous pages and it seems like everyone here is pretty happy with what they've heard :yes:

I don't have it on repeat (there were a couple of audible groans and 'aawww mum not AGAIN's :giggle: over the weekend so I figured maybe I was getting a little compulsive . . . hard not to be though, some of these songs just get under your skin and demand to be listened to . . . for me; Breathe, Magnificent, White as Snow and No Line) but manage to squeeze in a couple of airings a day and its just gorgeous - love being transported to another place when I'm listening to an album and this one certainly fits the bill

Happy Listening Cherry Poppers :D

and fingers crossed only a titchy bit longer to wait for those who've yet to pop :)

:yippie: . . . only a couple more NLOTH virgins left to pop their cherries and 'listening party here we come' :applaud:

had a quick scroll through the previous pages and it seems like everyone here is pretty happy with what they've heard :yes:

I don't have it on repeat (there were a couple of audible groans and 'aawww mum not AGAIN's :giggle: over the weekend so I figured maybe I was getting a little compulsive . . . hard not to be though, some of these songs just get under your skin and demand to be listened to . . . for me; Breathe, Magnificent, White as Snow and No Line) but manage to squeeze in a couple of airings a day and its just gorgeous - love being transported to another place when I'm listening to an album and this one certainly fits the bill

and fingers crossed only a titchy bit longer to wait for those who've yet to pop :)

Yup, bring on the listening party I say woooohoooo :rockon: :D yep I'm with ya on that being transported to another place when listening to it, its just gorgeous :heart:

'Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot'.....yeah spot on bono. :D Theres some great lyrics on this album I think, also the odd dodgy lyric as well though.

Yep the album is just great methinks :hyper: I also love moment of surrender, so beautiful. :heart:

K now I really can't wait for the tour after finally hearing the album and all the talk about it:hyper: I'm really excited to hear the songs live!

:lol:Lucky for me I have the house to myself mostly all day, except for when I have class that is. Guess that's what they make ipods for...to bring glorious albums like this one to class with you to defeat boredom lol.

WooHoo can't wait for the listening party!!

K now I really can't wait for the tour after finally hearing the album and all the talk about it:hyper: I'm really excited to hear the songs live!

:lol:Lucky for me I have the house to myself mostly all day, except for when I have class that is. Guess that's what they make ipods for...to bring glorious albums like this one to class with you to defeat boredom lol.

WooHoo can't wait for the listening party!!

OMG yeah the tour........I hadn't even thought of that. :lol: OMG the songs are gonna be flipping amazing live :applaud:

Oooh yeah thats what I'm doing right now, putting the album on my mp3 so I can take it places hehe :D

OMG yeah the tour........I hadn't even thought of that. :lol: OMG the songs are gonna be flipping amazing live :applaud:

Oooh yeah thats what I'm doing right now, putting the album on my mp3 so I can take it places hehe :D

Yeah I'm gonna freakin die when I here these songs live, yet alone see the band for the first time:hyper:

I love that line, maybe I need to change my location to "waiting to pop."

:wave:Yeah change it!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom