Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else think Q confused Brian Eno's comments? They claimed he said about Breathe what he's already (allegedly) said about MoS.

Edit: and given that we've heard Breathe, it doesn't quite seem to fit--even though this seems like an ace song.

Yeah I think they have mixed it up.

This is all so promising. Much better than the mag reviews of HTDAAB in the early stages. All I remember from them was that everything got a better than average review (sort of 6-7 out of 10) and that Crumbs was said to be b-side material. Q seem pretty amped about the disc...

Hmmm not sure how I feel yet about the eyeliner :hmm:

bonoeyelilner.jpg

Bono saw the final episode of season four of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

spvk1k.jpg

You're right.

It's probably time to stop kicking the dog.

It's habit, though....

Full tracklisting? Before I leave for post-Christmas vacation?

Yeah I think they have mixed it up.

This is all so promising. Much better than the mag reviews of HTDAAB in the early stages. All I remember from them was that everything got a better than average review (sort of 6-7 out of 10) and that Crumbs was said to be b-side material. Q seem pretty amped about the disc...

Yes, this sounds very promising. The only thing that has me a tad nervous is that this article makes it seem like it could be a very eclectic-sounding album. This is not necessarily a bad thing (it even may be a great thing), but it could make the album sound a bit disjointed.

Cedars of Lebanon is more likely than Only Love, methinks. Only Love is really much less likely than people think.

Cedars of Lebanon is more likely than Only Love, methinks. Only Love is really much less likely than people think.

Based on...? We have seen 2 or 3 u2.com clips recently featuring the song... I'd say it's a 90% lock. Haven't heard a thing about Cedars other than Danny mentioning it 6 months ago?

PS Phillies aren't world champions... Which other countries were involved? It's called the world series because it was sponsored by the World newspaper...

This sounds like a dream come true... I'm so excited, I just cannot wait to get my hands on this record. This article, coupled with the badass image change - INCLUDING the eyeliner - all points to U2 with real ATTITUDE this time round... The eyeliner is just a symbol of something more in-your-face and controversial. I love that some people on here are already having heart attacks over it... Thats exactly the reaction that U2 WANT people to have!
It's going to be a great year to love U2...

Could be. That would explain why this song title was popping up a lot while ago--this song has been around a while.

Edit- I misunderstood--I thought you were saying that CoL might = Only Love.

Only Love will definitely be on the album, even if it is called something else. You'd have to be a conspiracy theorist to think otherwise, or U2 have made the greatest album of all time and the likes of Only Love don't even make the disc.

I'm pumped but Bono's way too old for that. Everyone else looks really badass. I'm excited to hear about new songs, but the title Crazy Tonight makes me want to barf, and the concept of it being "pure pop"...everything else is really interesting.

This sounds like a dream come true... I'm so excited, I just cannot wait to get my hands on this record. This article, coupled with the badass image change - INCLUDING the eyeliner - all points to U2 with real ATTITUDE this time round... The eyeliner is just a symbol of something more in-your-face and controversial. I love that some people on here are already having heart attacks over it! Thats exactly the reaction that U2 WANT people to have!
It's going to be a great year to love U2...

100% agree. Stir shit up, fuck up the mainstream...

The tour will be AWESOME!

Oh and "Get Your Boots on" vs "Get on Your Boots"... and I was just getting used to the title.

Also, something that depresses me is that the article hints at them second-guessing and changing material that others perceived to be great already... given the delay this makes the pessimist in me think that once again the greatest material won't be heard by the world at large. Not to say I'm not super excited :hyper:

Based on...? We have seen 2 or 3 u2.com clips recently featuring the song... I'd say it's a 90% lock. Haven't heard a thing about Cedars other than Danny mentioning it 6 months ago?

PS Phillies aren't world champions... Which other countries were involved? It's called the world series because it was sponsored by the World newspaper...

:lmao:

I can't take anything said in this post seriously.

Could be. That would explain why this song title was popping up a lot while ago--this song has been around a while.

Edit- I misunderstood--I thought you were saying that CoL might = Only Love.

Only Love will definitely be on the album, even if it is called something else. You'd have to be a conspiracy theorist to think otherwise, or U2 have made the greatest album of all time and the likes of Only Love don't even make the disc.

No, my point is that Only Love has not been mentioned as a title by anyone for quite a while. The track is a separate issue. I'm saying the title is not very likely at this point.

I haven't heard the beach clips (by choice).

I got 20/20 on the quiz as well - couldnt believe it! I had about 4 completely wild guesses... Maybe I should do the lottery later!

100% agree. Stir shit up, fuck up the mainstream...

The tour will be AWESOME!

Wearing eyeliner is the mainstream, though.
It seems as if Bono has a problem with showing his eyes. First the cartoon glasses, now the eyeliner right when they come off. So much for being sensitive to light.

Not that it matters. I just wonder if he would ever be able to age gracefully.
AS LONG AS THE MUSIC'S GOOD

I like hearing that songs from the Fez sessions made it into the album.

I also wonder if a followup to NLOTH willl come out quicker than the norm based on the fact that they've recorded a lot of things.

I also wonder if a followup to NLOTH willl come out quicker than the norm based on the fact that they've recorded a lot of things.

I hope so. A mid-tour, Zooropa-style album would rock. Much better than a double album, IMO.

Songs listed in the article:

1. Magnificent
2. Crazy Tonight
3. Stand Up
4. Get Your Boots On
5. Winter
6. Unknown Caller
7. Moment of Surrender
8. Breathe
9. Every Breaking Wave
10. No Line on The Horizon

Cedars of Lebanon and another song should round the album out to 12 songs.

No, my point is that Only Love has not been mentioned as a title by anyone for quite a while. The track is a separate issue. I'm saying the title is not very likely at this point.

I haven't heard the beach clips (by choice).

Yeah that makes sense. I don't think Only Love was ever mentioned as a title; it just happens to be the main chorus line of the song.

Back
Top Bottom