Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that video was fun to watch, Bono throwing poses with that fire extinguisher, Larry in a hoodie looked cool:up:. Exciting video. Bono is starting to seem to me a bit freaky with that eyeliner.

Also this under Album stuff:

Q has had a world exclusive preview of the forthcoming new U2 album, provisionally titled No Line On The Horizon.

...[bunch of awesome stuff here]...

No Line On The Horizon is set for release on March 2. And you can read more about the album in Q magazine's world exclusive U2 cover feature from December 31.

Jesus Christ. I think my heart rate just tripled.

Did I read that right as two very distinct versions of the song No Line on the Horizon?

give us both......:drool::drool:

Cool - 4 new song titles. Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Winter, Every Breaking Wave.

NOT Cool - Bono wearing eyeliner. That shit just looks terrible.

I think we can start making fake tracklists...

anyone up for a go?

1) Magnificent 4:56
2) Get Your Boots On 4:02
3) Unknown Caller 5:06
4) Moment of Surrender 7:30
5) Stand Up 3:50
6) Crazy Tonight 4:34
7) Only Love 5:20
8) Every Breaking Wave 4:30
9) Breathe 9:59:59
10) Winter 5:02

Holy shit. Fucking track descriptions! When was this? It makes it sound like the album is quite unfinished.

1. Magnificent
2. Breathe
3. Winter
4. No Line on the Horizon
5. Get You Boots On
6. Unknown Caller
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Moment of Surrender
9. Stand Up
10. Only Love
11. Every Breaking Wave

Lock it in

This seems odd: "At Olympic, particular excitement was reserved for two tracks: Moment Of Surrender and Breathe. A strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take, the first of these sounds like a Great U2 Moment in the spirit of One, while Eno suggests the latter (at the time still a work in progress) is potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on."

Didn't Eno say that about MoS and not Breathe?

And does anyone else think "Only Love" may be "Magnificent"?

It wasnt mentioned i dont think.

I think a while back I read on here that Beach Clip 1 was probably Unknown Caller. We know BC1 was present in Morocco (from Lanois doc.); also, some guys said they heard "J33/the magic number" or something like that and it somehow linked the two.

So I can't really remember why but BC1 was linked to Unknown Caller early on.

I'm with you though. It would be a tragedy to lose that one.

That chorus and Edge solo...:drool:

This seems odd: "At Olympic, particular excitement was reserved for two tracks: Moment Of Surrender and Breathe. A strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take, the first of these sounds like a Great U2 Moment in the spirit of One, while Eno suggests the latter (at the time still a work in progress) is potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on."

Didn't Eno say that about MoS and not Breathe?

And does anyone else think "Only Love" may be "Magnificent"?

Possibly, but I think its too upbeat and positive/not atmospheric enough given the description

I think a while back I read on here that Beach Clip 1 was probably Unknown Caller. We know BC1 was present in Morocco (from Lanois doc.); also, some guys said they heard "J33/the magic number" or something like that and it somehow linked the two.

So I can't really remember why but BC1 was linked to Unknown Caller early on.

I'm with you though. It would be a tragedy to lose that one.

That chorus and Edge solo...:drool:

Pure magic that clip though:drool: I hope your right.

I can't see where the article talks about "Magnificent"

"The material itself runs a gamut from the classic U2-isms of Magnificent, which echoes The Unforgettable Fire's opening track A Sort Of Homecoming in its atmospheric sweep, to the straight up pop of Crazy Tonight "

Who's gonna be the first to make a No Eyeliner On The Horizon joke?

Seriously, I'll be forced to go all PLEBA on you motherfuckers if Bono keeps up this eyeliner bullshit. It is heinous and embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom