Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alls I can say is wow, Bono looks SO MUCH BETTER than that awful look he had going with HTDAAB. Maybe this is a sign as to how much better the album will be?...

He's always looked better with the shorter hair since he's reached his upper 30's. It just never looked right after it grew back. Actually made him look so much older.

I think he looks great now. I don't know about the guyliner, but I don't care really. At least he's trying something new. It may even be a new character for him, which would be great assuming it's sparked a ton of creativity for him (hopefully in the lyrics department).

I think on Saturday night we should have more information from Q. Their mini site said on December 28th they'll release more interview with U2 about their new album. I would expect this interview would describe the album as it's probably going to sound on March 2nd.

Bono has the kind of look on his face that Sylar (from Heroes) has before he rips someone's head open. It's a bit creepy.

I'm looking forward to the article though.

My wife saw the pic yesterday and commented how U2 (all of them) look really good for their age. Especially Bono & Larry.

I'm glad Bono put on the eyeliner. Sure it might look funny and cause some "What the f***" comments but its pretty out there. Good sign of things to come :)

Adam is stately and gallant.

The others may look a bit younger, but I'd almost rather age like Adam has.

OK...I don't know about y'all, and maybe it's just me, but after clicking on that U2 Q web address again (for the 2nd time messing with my computer mind you), I got some nasty download/adware that just almost totally f***ed up my computer. Luckily I was able to go into safe mode and restore my computer to a previous point. I really thought my computer was a goner this time.

So I'm staying off of Q mag's website for a while. I love U2, but I care more about my computer functioning normally.

Thought I'd warn you...just in case.

I think my computer just doesn't like Bono's new eyeliner :wink:

My mum bought me the new Q today and said and I quote 'I used to like Bono, but he looks horrible now! Like a little Irish elf!' Lost one female fan anyway haha.

Allegra and Last Unicorn: Up until last night I had not been able to go to Q sites at all either. I would be redirected to ads within a second of going there. I finally figured out how to fix it though. For some reason my computer was being redirected to the pages with "promo" in front of the web address. I went to my computers internet options and in the privacy area I allowed q 4 music . com (seperated by spaces here so interference won't make a link) and I removed the same address that was in there with the word promo before it. That fixed everything. I can now look at all the u2 pages on Q's site with no problem. Hope that helps!

Anyone have any thoughts about Q saying on the cover of their latest mag that the new album is the best ever? There seems to be a groundswell of opinion that the new album is the best even if the sources are biased (or in the case of Q mag, interested in selling copies)!

^ :ohmy:

I got a giant ad for some psychic wanting to tell me what Tarot cards said about 2009.

Allegra and Last Unicorn: Up until last night I had not been able to go to Q sites at all either. I would be redirected to ads within a second of going there. I finally figured out how to fix it though. For some reason my computer was being redirected to the pages with "promo" in front of the web address. I went to my computers internet options and in the privacy area I allowed q 4 music . com (seperated by spaces here so interference won't make a link) and I removed the same address that was in there with the word promo before it. That fixed everything. I can now look at all the u2 pages on Q's site with no problem. Hope that helps!

This reminds me of why I love Firefox (and Ubuntu, but that is optional).

Oh, I see what you're talking about! That's a good idea.

Well, after freakin' out till 2am, making phone calls to tech support, getting 4 hours of sleep, going through restoration and doing 2 hours worth of virus scanning and cleaning of my computer, I just don't want to take that chance again. Obviously the first time I went on there to play the game it stored something nasty right in the middle of it and I never finished the game because it spun out of control and I had to manually shut it down. I can't remember if I washed it properly or not after that, but I must have not since the 2nd time I went there it grabbed my computer and it fell to it's knees.

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that whatever nasty thing is there really likes my computer. I just don't think I want to take my chances on a 3rd strike is all. But what you are saying is a good plan.

Thanks for the tip! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom