Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG.

I am almost literally glued to my computer screen for 4 days..I go away for 1 afternoon and look what fucking happens!!!!

:scream: FUCK! :scream:

too much. too much. too much.

:lol::lol: I feel the same after login in the next morning when the rest of the world have been posting all night. :ohmy: Every morning brings a new delectable morsel :drool:

I personally don't give a toss if he's wearing guyliner. In fact, I'm happy with U2 doing absolutely anything and everything different to reinvent themselves every record. Something which has not really happened the last time round, besides target designs and stuff. Guyliner.....I'm not bothered.

Just because he is wearing it for a one-off photo shoot does not mean he's going to be wearing this all the time. I'd be shocked if he was going about town with this on a daily basis. Not going to happen. It's a PHOTO shoot and we all know he likes to make an impact and their first official shoot with Q is just that opportunity.

Can you imagine the casual fans, or the music afficionados that were disenchanted with Bomb and ATYCLB:

"Just off to buy Q... HOLY FUCK, BONO IS WEARING EYELINER!!!! I HATE/LOVE IT!!! I HAVE TO HEAR WHAT THIS RECORD SOUNDS LIKE, THEY ARE SOOOOO DIFFERENT!"

I quoted part of Adam says about it

"The singers eyes. He wants to get in character, it's dramatic. You know I think at the beginning of every campaign he experiments with a few different things to bring it alive again. I think we're still um working it up a bit, I mean we're not totally premedatated and planned out, but I think you know it is 4 years on since the last record and I think you know you have to move on, um you have to slightly make it look different to the last time. I think we're adding a bit more color, a bit more texture, there's you know some of the North African influences, you know it's got a little bit more color and rhythm and fun to what we're doing, so I think you'll gradually see as we do more photo sessions and videos that we get away from the black t-shirt look. That's the aspiration."

---Adam

:up:

I truely think this record will be different. But it's no good just telling people it's different. They did that with the Bomb, and it wasn't well recieved by the fandom.

You can be as different as releasing an album of a-capella swahili lullabye's, but noone will believe you until you look different too

u2promopic08.jpg

you'll gradually see as we do more photo sessions and videos that we get away from the black t-shirt look. That's the aspiration."

---Adam

A bit ironic, seeing as they're all wearing black t-shirts. :D

I wonder if this photo shoot was done the same day as the recording of the "I Believe in Father Christmas" video :hmm:

Interesting thought. That would put it back almost 4 weeks, right? That would explain the lack of finality to the songs and tracklist. It will be interesting to see what new info pops up over at Q and the official site in the next week and a half. This update from Q was perfect--it gave us a lot of previously unknown info while still leaving plenty to figure out.

I know that most of the songs in the background of the video WEREN'T any of U2's songs...but I wonder if any did sneak in without us knowing.

Yeah, don't they usually blast their new album during promo photo shoots? Maybe they stopped this practice after Edge's CD got stolen in 2004...

Back
Top Bottom