Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bring on the punky, Pixies-like "No Line on the Horizon"! Some song titles are good, some are crap ("Crazy Tonight"), but who would judge songs based on its titles?

Except for maybe "Peace on Earth". :wink:

Anyways, this is the same old magazine hype with the "best album ever" talk that was there in 2004, so I wouldn't put that much credit into it. Still, nice to see some new info. We probably know all the song titles by now.

Anyone think those Napoleon "Stand Up" lyrics are extremely cringe-worthy? The one thing that worries me about this record are the lyrics.

Wow. I'll just be over here if you need me. I checked a couple pages and didn't see anything that stood out like it had been posted. :reject:

the Video was postet here at Posting 166 - or so....

i just hope that Bono doesn't wear the eyeliner ALL the time.

listen to what Adam says on the video clip. So.... very possible you will see this more often.

It has a bit of - "Now I really have become McPhisto in some way..."- I like it anyway. Through away the sunglasses and these horrible shoes. Luckely the photographer doesn't show - a new Bono, a new darker look. :up:

He's been hanging out with Billie Joe Armstrong and Brandon Flowers too much... stealing from the thieves

Can we please have an eyeliner only thread?

Eyeliner on a rock star? Oh my!

Also this under Album stuff:

The material itself runs a gamut from the classic U2-isms of Magnificent, which echoes The Unforgettable Fire's opening track A Sort Of Homecoming in its atmospheric sweep, to the straight up pop of Crazy Tonight (the track Will.I.Am was taking a pass at) and the swaggering Stand Up, wherein U2 get in touch with their, hitherto unheard, funky selves - albeit propelled by some coruscating Edge guitar work, a signature feature of a number of the tracks. The latter track is also home to the knowing Bono lyric, "Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas."

With a name like Magnificent it'd better be good :wink:

I'm interested to see how Crazy Tonight is, especially given U2's age...I want to know if they can pull off a really great, fresh pop song. I bet they can. If it's really that poppy I bet it will be a single.

Funky U2 :drool:

Among other instantly striking tracks are Get Your Boots On, a heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop

POP!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: electro-rocker sounds awesome; better than what we heard on the beach clip, which was awesome to begin with

At Olympic, particular excitement was reserved for two tracks: Moment Of Surrender and Breathe. A strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take, the first of these sounds like a Great U2 Moment in the spirit of One, while Eno suggests the latter (at the time still a work in progress) is potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on.

This article must be from awhile back if Breathe was still a work in progress. Obviously we know they're done.

the first is another Unforgettable Fire-esque slow burner that builds to a euphoric coda, the second a punk-y Pixies/Buzzcocks homage that proceeds at a breathless pace.

Pixies/Buzzcocks homage!!!11 zomg sounds awesome

One other track, Every Breaking Wave, was beginning to take shape around an emotive Bono vocal and an appropriately grand swell of a climax. "We might be on to something special there," noted Bono.

So we have a euphoric coda and a grand swell of climax...some of U2's best work is like that

I expect great things from this album. I believe the hype that it's a departure from ATYCLB/HTDAAB, since it's not just the band saying it.

As for the guyliner...not sure how I feel about that, until someone mentioned A Clockwork Orange, which is awesome. And while it might be a little strange, this is the guy who put on facepaint and lipstick and devil horns and a gold suit...he's looked stranger :p

speaking of which, I love the black shades...they evoke The Fly fo sho. And I like the hat too, very Pop

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom