Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've thought Cedars of Lebanon was clip4 since we've had it (and since the Mitch Mitchell drumming reference by Lanois) plus I can make out something that sounds just like 'Cedars' in the clip but I wouldn't swear to it. That song was just in the latest clip, whatever it's called, it's on the album.

Oh and the Phillies are World Champions because all the best players in the world play in that league. I'm a Cardinal fan but I just thought I'd point that out. The best South American, Korean, Japanese, Canadian etc. players go where to play professionally? Dizzactly...Next!

I've thought Cedars of Lebanon was clip4 since we've had it (and since the Mitch Mitchell drumming reference by Lanois) plus I can make out something that sounds just like 'Cedars' in the clip but I wouldn't swear to it. That song was just in the latest clip, whatever it's called, it's on the album.

Oh and the Phillies are World Champions because all the best players in the world play in that league. I'm a Cardinal fan but I just thought I'd point that out. The best South American, Korean, Japanese, Canadian etc. players go where to play professionally? Dizzactly...Next!

Actually, you are wrong. They are World Series Champions.

The NRL is the best rugby league comp in the world, but quite often they play games against the winners of the English comp and lose.

You can't say that teams are better than others without proof.Just like I can't say that Australia are a better test cricket nation than the US (everyone knows it's true, but its never happened, so you can't make the statement).

Either way, it is amazingly arrogant to profess world dominance based on winning a national competition. End of story.

haha why? name the falacies?

First of all, not all of the teams are in the United States.

Second of all, it is the highest level of competition worldwide, with players coming from all over the world. NBA champions are world champions. NFL champions are world champions. NHL champions are world champions. MLB champions are world champions.

Third of all, it doesn't even matter, because the "World Fuckin' Champions" thing is a quote from Chase Utley, pictured above it. Whether I agreed with the syntax or not, I would put it there regardless because it's awesome.

But this is totally irrelevant and pointless, and you're really picking a pointless, "Oh, America thinks it's too cool!" fight that I don't give two shits about.

So, the article doesn't mention "One Bird", "The Cedars Of Lebanon" and "(Coming To The Surface) For Your Love", that's it? With these three we'd be closer to the 15 songs.

I like Bono saying goodbye to the shades and hugging something new. It brings some kind of aura for something different (are Bono's alter-ego's back? Damn, I hope so!!!) for the band and for the way the public sees U2... and U2 is desperately in need of a new image to the public, 'cause the present one is a bit wasted and damaged.

First of all, not all of the teams are in the United States.

Second of all, it is the highest level of competition worldwide, with players coming from all over the world. NBA champions are world champions. NFL champions are world champions. NHL champions are world champions. MLB champions are world champions.

Third of all, it doesn't even matter, because the "World Fuckin' Champions" thing is a quote from Chase Utley, pictured above it. Whether I agreed with the syntax or not, I would put it there regardless because it's awesome.

But this is totally irrelevant and pointless, and you're really picking a pointless, "Oh, America thinks it's too cool!" fight that I don't give two shits about.

1st of all, you obviously do give two shits, because you keep coming back

2nd of all, unless there is world competition, it is not a world championship. I could claim I am the world champion at throwing rocks at the tree in my backyard... doesn't make it true because 7 billion others haven't had a go.

I don't doubt that they would be the best team in the world. I do doubt however that people can profess these things without realistic challenge or proof. No that doesn't mean having decent standard of competition. It means that to be representitive of WORLD champions, you have to actually challenge others throughout the world.

You could use your logic where Obama changes the constitution to deny all red states a vote, and still call himself the president. Unless a whole constituency is fairly and adequately heard and represented, you cannot in any form of serious and logical arguement claim world dominance.

Im thinking about this album way too much. I need to hear it and say "this is the best fucking thing i have ever heard in my life".

1st of all, you obviously do give two shits, because you keep coming back

2nd of all, unless there is world competition, it is not a world championship. I could claim I am the world champion at throwing rocks at the tree in my backyard... doesn't make it true because 7 billion others haven't had a go.

I don't doubt that they would be the best team in the world. I do doubt however that people can profess these things without realistic challenge or proof. No that doesn't mean having decent standard of competition. It means that to be representitive of WORLD champions, you have to actually challenge others throughout the world.

You could use your logic where Obama changes the constitution to deny all red states a vote, and still call himself the president. Unless a whole constituency is fairly and adequately heard and represented, you cannot in any form of serious and logical arguement claim world dominance.

Your analysis of my logic is faulty. Your logic, in turn, leads to the idea that you cannot call yourself a world champion unless you've challenged every single person on earth.

Either way, this is still pointless due to my third point.

Your analysis of my logic is faulty. Your logic, in turn, leads to the idea that you cannot call yourself a world champion unless you've challenged every single person on earth.

Either way, this is still pointless due to my third point.

No it's not, you are using my example as representation of my entire arguement. I never said it was a US thing or any countries thing, just shits me that someone can win a national competition and claim world supremacy. It's like me publically declaring to the world that I am a better singer than you, becuase I won singstar at my friends birthday. You can't win a lcoal competition and claim to be the best in the world. It just doesn't work.

Your sig is a quote, fine, im not even arguing about your sig, im arguing about an ideology. Your sig started it, and i didn't know it was a quote, i do now, but the issue still remains

Crazy Tonight sounds like a cheesy pop number, or something by a glam metal band.

Not good.

Will.I.Suck contributing to it scares me even more.

But I give a big thumbs up to eyeliner on Bono. And is it just me, or in that picture does it look like Adam is--never mind.

I would rather see Bono with a hint of eye liner than the sun glasses. The man needs a new image to accompany his revamped voice and style. Is it me or does the band (besides maybe larry) look younger here than they did on vertigo? Maybe the quality of the music took a few years off their aging.

Just because Canada are involved does not make it a representation of the world

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that any person anywhere has the opportunity to try to make it there. Just because the actual games are played in North America does not mean that it's not a competition of athletes from around the world.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that any person anywhere has the opportunity to try to make it there. Just because the actual games are played in North America does not mean that it's not a competition of athletes from around the world.

I'm not talking about where the players come from. It is where the teams are based.

Look at soccer in Europe. The Champions in England aren't automatically the best team in the world, even though it is considered the strongest competition, and a slew of countries have players there

literally every single word of all of this makes me excited enough to explode....

except for "will.i.am"
i am generally not one to nitpick anything these guys do, but i reallllllllly just can't see this working, and was very happy in the knowledge that eno and lanois had done the whole album. and now i hear that probably my least favorite producer working today is going to paint all over one of the tracks on the album.

i dunno. now that song has to be twice as good as it would have been without me knowing he had a hand in it just for me to get over it.

i really don't like will.i.am's musical style.... at all.
i can't see how bringing him in for one track would in any way help the flow of the album

I'm not talking about where the players come from. It is where the teams are based.

Look at soccer in Europe. The Champions in England aren't automatically the best team in the world, even though it is considered the strongest competition, and a slew of countries have players there

Why does the location of the games matter at all?

Soccer is different because of how many legitimate leagues there are. There is only one legitimate professional baseball league.

Crazy Tonight sounds like a cheesy pop number, or something by a glam metal band.

Not good.

Will.I.Suck contributing to it scares me even more.

But I give a big thumbs up to eyeliner on Bono. And is it just me, or in that picture does it look like Adam is--never mind.

lazarus... get in there and kick will.i.am out of the studio.
pray to god that Will's contribution to the album goes the way of mick jagger's backing vocals on "stuck in a moment"

aka... in the dumpster

i am with you 100%

Seeing Bono with the eyeliner, derby hat and umbrella reminds me of POP; and a little of clock work orange too.

maybe they just made POP for Men

They went for humility on the last 2 albums

Now I think they are going for fuck off....

pic of the guys from the Q magazine shot... oh noezzzzzzz guy liner!!

qmatshot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom