Possible new video (new pics 11/30/08)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics. Sweet leather jackets. :up:

Oh, to be a rock star :dreamy:

portraits4.jpg

it seems funny to me that Edge would sacrifice one of his most used and most beloved guitars for charity, yet still use the backup. in any case, cool pics.

he did it so no one could try to imagine what kind of song he was playing

"look, he's clearly playing a 6/8 rythm with his hands and playing the bass drum with passion, IT MUST be Beach Clip Nº 35!!"

:hmm: It seems Ms Wimberley removed the pictures from her webpage.
They used to be listed under "Portraiture". All there is left now is photos from something called "Leibermans in the Sky".

Why do they keep doing this to us? :scream:
Keep stuff offline if you don't want to spoil stuff until it's supposed to be seen.

Angelfish at the Larry Mullen Band Forum found a media pack on the site saying that the footage and pictures were taken for a motorollaTVC

... so... what does that means?

info.gif

It seems that the date is 2006, and that they were taken in Australia (timing fits, Bono's hair fits etc). It may be linked to the filming they did in Melbourne. But it appears that its nothing to do with what they are doing now.

silver lining? those who were bummed about edge not changing his image can be reassured.

Also, would explain why he still has the axe

Yes, this has been discussed on the u2tour.de forums as well. Seems like the pictures are from Australia, November 2006. Strange, that they appear now. I was hoping these were recent pictures. :sad:

Well, I must say I'm disappointed to learn these aren't new pics. But then, I did think it was strange they were filming the video before the album was finished. With that now probably done, they might well film a video in the coming few weeks!

It also explains Nate's involvement, if he was working closely with them at the time for the WITS video, within the same few weeks...

I remember my cameraman friend from Australia mentioned something back in Nov. 2006 about Motorola, but never saw anything come of it. He didn't give me details, I just remember the key word: Motorola :shrug: (he worked on filming the shows in Melbourne)

info.gif

It seems that the date is 2006, and that they were taken in Australia (timing fits, Bono's hair fits etc). It may be linked to the filming they did in Melbourne. But it appears that its nothing to do with what they are doing now.

sure, that sucks...

but, look on the bright side

now this guys look like real idiots :happy:

I wonder what song this is. Edge doesn't look like he's hacking away like it sounds on Get on your boots. Maybe it's a different song like Unknown Caller or something we haven't heard.

bono is singing "horizOOOn" maybe...

hes around 5th or 6th fret on the g or b.

could be the lead in beach clips 1, 2 or 4 really

i think he looks like hes singing "walk" with the way his mouth is formed.

Breathe???

point taken. You can tell what sort of syllable he is saying, and to me it looks like a screamed awww sound. concurrent with waaaallllk. make of it what you will

ROTFFLMFAO :lmao:

maybe Bono was singing "thooooooooooooooooooooouuuu"

as in "this is two thousand six" !!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Last edited:
sure, that sucks...

but, look on the bright side

now this guys look like real idiots :happy:

ROTFFLMFAO :lmao:

maybe Bono was singing "thooooooooooooooooooooouuuu"

as in "this is two thousand six" !!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

smart arse.

You quote me in order to ridicule me?

When did I say that it was gospel, I was offering a suggestion because we had nothing to go on. I don't see how you can look like an idiot for suggesting something original where others cant???

sorry, dude :)

but trying to guess words and sounds out of photos is just too much

better than a punch in the face. It is well known that the mouth has a different shape for each syllable it produces. It may be a stretch to guess those sounds, but it's interesting to me, and kinda fun. Of course I don't expect for a second to be even close to right

I don't think this ominous "Motorola commercial" has ever seen the light of day. Why would U2 do a Motorola commercial?

It's just strange that these pictures are surfacing now.

^ Yes I know, but still. I don't see U2 - as a band - appearing in a commercial. Bono has already done enough promotion for the (RED) products.

Whatever it is, I wonder why it has never seen the light of day.

This is really weird. Larry apparently didn't participate, since the note thingy only mentions Bono, Edge, and Adam. It must have been a (RED) promotion that never got used.

In U2 by U2, somebody mentions that U2 almost did a promotional deal with T Mobile when HTDAAB came out. Just thought I'd mention that since we're talking about phones.

Back
Top Bottom