Plans for the new song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. "Stand Up" doesn't sound like it is along the same vein as like "Cedars of Lebanon" or "No Line On The Horizon". Meaning it was probably written and recorded for the simple fact that U2 fans get a Xmas surprise that can give us a peak into the new album's style.

I'm guessing it's a cover recorded specially for the occasion. That would fit with "recorded on Wednesday", which seems to suggest it was a one-day recording.

In any case it will have the flavour of the new album, for sure (like Night and day/Achtung Baby)

Santiago

Here is the job of the next interviewer, or fan who runs into any member of U2 or the production team.

Ask them what they did with Mercy.

"Each weekly issue will contain four elements - an exclusive song from a major artist, a song from an up-and-coming artist, a non-music item - such as a digital short film, photography or a reading from an artist or actor - and short videos about (RED) work in Africa."

seems pretty clear that it may be a few weeks now. NME says the Kilelrs are confirmed first out of the blocks, and we will get one major artist a week.

There is one hope though: they intend to kick off with a party. What about a double issue, or a whole bunch to start with? I read somewhere about not just new U2 music but also video. Uhm.. the Bono shots we've seen last week perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom